PDA

View Full Version : Right On!!!!!!!!!!!!

l Maximus l
10-30-2001, 01:06 AM
DUDES!!!!!!!!!!!! This is no joke....I discovered, just now, that I have the serious hook-up for buying XBox games! My wife has a friend who works for Microsoft that can buy the bad ass XBox games for a mere $10-15 each!!! And, she's going to hook me up!!!!!!!!! Can you imagine the possibilities?!?!? I am going to fork over atleast $100 just for November! That is 5-6 games or so!! Can you say "Holy S H I T" for me?!?!?

Deeeeeeyyyyyyyyyyyyyyaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaammmmmmnnnnn!!!!

-Max

l Maximus l
10-30-2001, 01:15 AM
D A M N! I guess it's great to have benefits to live near the Microsoft headquarters in Redmond, WA. The first thing I am going to do is return the two games I pre-ordered, get my $20 back and fork that over with an additional $80!

By the way, Jeremy: lol

Also, please don't hate me when I ask this, but rather, think of it as a "good cause" :D ...But, exactly, what games are going to be available at launch and which 6-7 games should I buy?

Already, I am planning on:

1. Halo
2. Amped
3. Project Gotham Racing
4. NFL Fever 2002
5. Shrek (my wife is making me...but, it could be cool)
6. ?
7. ?

sinizuh
10-30-2001, 01:51 AM
6. DOA3
7. oddworld?

$10-15? :eek: that is just the cost of the dvd and making the game.

Plasticman
10-30-2001, 07:09 AM
Nope, DVD's cost about 3x as much to make as CD's, which is only $3. CD's cost 1$ to make. This is why cart manufacturers had to sell their games for so much more than CD's. A high capacity disc manufacturing plant can pump out nearly 1 million discs a day. This is why console makers went with the disc format. It not only brings them in more money for less, they can also produce more units in a very short amount of time.

If they could do this for consoles, we'd be playing freakin' Xbox a week after the hardware was finalized.

Max, I use to get Snes games for that price, hot. Yep, I hung around people that got tons of things that were stolen..

l Maximus l
10-30-2001, 10:17 AM
Sinizuh...dude, thanks, man...I like your choices there! I was so excited that I actually forgot about those two games! I just found this out last night, which happens to be the time I sent my first posting.

I just about went into labor...the scary thing about that, is that I am male! lol

Here's how it works: My wife has a friend that works for Microsoft, and she is allowed to spend $1000 PER YEAR at the "Microsoft Store" at the Corporate Headquarters. This is only for software, not hardware. The cool thing is that she has been working there for a full year and has not bought a single thing at the store, so her balance is still $1000!! And, she only has two months to stock up! So, she told me that I can spend $100...so, I am going to buy as many XBox games I can for that! It should be about 6 or 7.

Eventhough the games will not be too expensive, I will treat them as if they are expensive. I am one lucky dude! :D :p ;) :D ;) :p

-Max

l Maximus l
10-30-2001, 02:51 PM
Plasticman....Ah, man...lol...stay away from my vid library! hehe:D

Rancey
10-31-2001, 01:27 AM
****! To bad you couldn't use all that $1000
/me puts his credit card away and forgets about reciting his number after reading he has a limit

l Maximus l
10-31-2001, 11:12 AM
Jason...I suppose I could spend more...but, quite honestly, I am not interested in every single game that is out on launch. I can add to the first 6-7 games when more come out in December :p

I like a lot of the Launch titles...but, I plan on passing quite a few up...like fuzion frenzy, mad dash racing, etc...they don't appeal to me. Any of the many games I gave a "5" to in the regular site I will definately buy! And, there were quite a few of them! Amazing games! WOO HOO!!

-Max

dimwit
10-31-2001, 12:04 PM
CD's cost 1$ to make

Plasticman, you are one smart dude, but I think CDs cost a lot less to press. Even CDRs are 15-20$ for 50. Cal Poly had a quote 4 years ago to press CDs for us for 89 cents a copy, and that was 4 years ago.

l Maximus l
10-31-2001, 12:28 PM
dimwit...I thought Plasticman said that CDs cost $1 to make but DVDs cost $3 since they are far more advanced. This makes sense to me...though, I don't know the exact dollar amount from a manufacturer. The best thing about this is that the XBox will be using DVDs not CDs..... Most excellent :p

-Max

l Maximus l
11-02-2001, 04:12 PM
Bummer...no one seems to care about responding to this thread...come on folks! Give me some love! :D

-Max

Hugh_Jass
11-05-2001, 11:54 AM
You should know that this is restricted to titles PUBLISHED by Microsoft. You can buy "Halo" but not "Simpsons Road Rage" at the MS store, for example. It's still a good deal though.

Crypto
11-05-2001, 11:58 AM
Hopefully the Xbox will be hacked pretty quick and the newsgroups will fill up with Xbox game rips just like the DC, PSX, PSX2. Im sure it wont be to hard. Im sure modchip.com is hard at it while we speak. Yes I know I am a cheap ass. But hey Im po and I need my game fix!

l Maximus l
11-05-2001, 12:00 PM
Hugh...really? I will have to check with my source. If that is the case, it wouldn't surprise me because if something sounds too good to be true, it probably isn't! I'm in good cheers regardless because I'm so pumped up about the XBox!

Ther_hurricane
11-05-2001, 06:25 PM
hook me up

ThomasHun
11-06-2001, 07:29 AM
Congrats on screwing m$ I guess:confused: :( :) :D

Skyboxer
11-06-2001, 08:12 AM
Yeah, lets hope the games can be copied so we can get them free and screw the game programmers and lower thier sales. That way if were lucky the support for XBOX will die.
Stealing is stealing........ Grow up or get a job to buy the darn games.

Hugh_Jass
11-06-2001, 12:06 PM
Yes, Maximus. I know because I'm doing the same thing. heh heh heh

l Maximus l
11-06-2001, 12:10 PM
Either way, it doesn't really matter...Microsoft has some great self-published titles coming out including PGR, Amped, Halo, and Fever...to name a few...I can get all of those games for the amount of $40 to $60 for them all...and then fork out more money for the other games..........d a m n, I'm pretty. :D