PDA

View Full Version : searching in the water

mother
07-27-2002, 08:01 PM
anyone find anything in the water while exploring? do tell..

Alien
07-27-2002, 08:15 PM
I have like 52 Pearls...but nothing else really. A grotto, but there was nothing in it, I forgot where it was too.

JGennaro
07-27-2002, 08:41 PM
I can't remember exactly where it was but there is a woman near some water and she says she lost a ring or something I can't recall really in the water near her but I have looked and looked everywhere and I don't see ANYTHING..she must be crazy...or am I just not looking in the right place...some of these quests people only give you garbage items anways but I really don't like not being able to finish them...:rolleyes:

frostedflakes
07-27-2002, 08:48 PM
there's a grotto southeast of ebonheart that leads to an ancient dwemer vault. you can pick up the dragonbone cuirass and a bunch of dwemer artifacts there.

there's another grotto near seyda neen (on the way to hla oad), but i never took the time to explore it.

oh yeah, and slaughterfish (i hate those little bastards nibbling at my ankles).

SlightlySycho
07-27-2002, 08:55 PM
What's the Dragonbone Curiass? And are there any Dwemer books in that vault?

frostedflakes
07-27-2002, 09:12 PM
one of the best heavy cuirasses in morrowind. it's worth 180k (i think) and has resist fire 60% or sumthing like that.

no books. mostly cogs, gauntlets, scrap metal, etc.

JGennaro
07-27-2002, 09:12 PM
I got the dragonbone cuirass before...personally I think it sucks...its not worth it it's just a random extra kinda armor if you want it...can't recall if its medium or heavy...but it has a pretty low armor rating compared to a LOT of other better armor out there...so why are you looking for dwemer books? ;)

mticha_21
07-27-2002, 09:37 PM
o did that quest and what u do is u attack the chick who told u to go in the water and u kil her and then sum1 that u cant hardly see will start shooting u with arows they are by a tree so u gotta look hard for them but they have an amulet which is what the lady told u to go in there for and if u kill the person with 80%chameleon amulet u get to keep it..its awesome i love that thing it helps alot when ur walking ain vivec with them dam ordinators i love it

Reaper
07-27-2002, 10:19 PM
yes on the north west coast i found a underwater ruin. i have also found sunken crates by numerous docks. if anyone wants the exact location of the ruin just ask.

khaos2005
07-27-2002, 10:38 PM
Can someone give me directions to that lady that lost her ring? Thanks.

mticha_21
07-27-2002, 11:03 PM
just follow the trail to ald sothe from gnisis or sumtin like that and u should see sum1 by a lake with bunch of rocks

Duke
07-28-2002, 10:27 AM
Ring's in there, just hard to find.

mticha_21
07-28-2002, 10:53 AM
the rings in there??i searched all over in there for that...whats the ring do?

ScorpionX
07-28-2002, 12:01 PM
To find the pond with the ring, travel north out of Gnisis and keep following the path until you see a girl standing by a tiny pond. There will also be a bridge just above the pond.

Duke
07-28-2002, 12:03 PM
I can't really remember if it's anything but a common ring. It's what happens after you find it that makes it worth it.

If you get tired of looking for it, just taunt the girl until she attacks you (or just attack her outright) pay close attention though you could miss the prize.

JGennaro
07-28-2002, 12:05 PM
The point is,...if you find the girl...you FIND the pond with the ring because it's right under her!!...BUT...I have searched the entire stinking pond without finding ANYTHING....HOW , oh HOW do you find the ring in there darnit...? ...I've used breathing underwater,...and many other things and can't find it...also, what the heck was up with that post that you KILL the girl and an invisible/hard to see archer begins firing at you and has an 80 percent chameleon ring what the heck??...:eek:

Duke
07-28-2002, 12:09 PM
*SPOILER MAYBE*

well, i didn't read that someone had already posted it, but i'm pretty sure that if you find the ring, you get attacked anyway. The only thing that makes this quest worth it is the 80% chameleon ring that her buddy has once you kill him. BTW, i didn't find it, they say its by the rocks. It is a dark pond with lots of plants.

JGennaro
07-28-2002, 12:13 PM
Cool- 80% chameleon ring...do you know if it has constant effect on it? Now THAT would be worth it...in fact that gives me an idea...constant effect items thread...hehe

Joey :cool:

mticha_21
07-28-2002, 02:26 PM
do u guys get what i was trying to say now??and yes its constant effect it recharges

Keltiks
07-28-2002, 02:26 PM
I found the ring. It is a rust colored ring so it is difficult to find. It is right at the entrance to the pong towards the left side next to a big rock sticking out of the water.

The best way to look for it is to put your character's head almost in the water and look down. Sometimes you will be able to look through the water as though it is normal air.

Keltiks
07-28-2002, 02:27 PM
You get attacked after you find the ring. She killed by level 2 guy easily but I came back at level 10 and didn't get touched. Kill her ghost/invisible friend for the camelion ring.

Oops, sorry for the double post.

Professor Kaos
07-28-2002, 08:57 PM
with that ring by the water, dont even bother to look for it, when u talk to that lady turn around and ull c a woman with like 60% chamelian, kill them both and take the ring the chamelian chik's wearing, and dragoonbone caurris resits fire 100% constant effect and my rating with it is like 230 so its my best piece of heavy armor, i think its the best caurris in the game

mother
07-28-2002, 09:07 PM
i guess im just wasting time searching in the water for stuff.

anyway about the ring in the pond yeah i got that awhile ago. and about the curias;s i have one that i found somewhere ( how do you guys remember where you find all theese things?!?! )
but its a light armor i think the AR is decint maybe in the 100's but it blocks like 5 different magincs at 60%. i leave it im my strong hold becasue its pretty badass and i feel like im cheating when i wear it.

StudioAlex
07-29-2002, 09:36 PM
The best thing to do, especially if you are low level, is to go and kill the cloaked sniper before you even talk to the chick by the pond. Talking to the chick prompts the sniper to move in closer so you'd have to fight both of them at the same time. The sniper is hidden to your right up the hill if you are facing the pond.

The easiest way to find the ring is position yourself in the water and to look "between the lines" if you get my drift. With a subtle touch, you can look underwater without it giving you the murky underwater distortion, you just have to split your vision above and below the surface of the water. The ring is pretty much useless except to close out the quest by prompting the dancer to attack you.

Killing the sniper, however, is entirely worth doing as the amulet of shadows is pretty much the cheapest item you'll find in the game. It puts the chameleon ring to shame. You can kill nearly anyone and steal anything with it.

daedric warrior
07-30-2002, 01:50 AM
dragonbone curiass is the best in the game. it is heavy armor and has a AR of 333 with heavy armor skill at 100. i have a full daedric suit but i wear the dragonbone curiass instead of the daedric. it is like 40 pounds lighter.

Some people may be getting dragonscale confused with dragonbone,ones light armor the other is heavy.

StudioAlex
07-30-2002, 11:26 AM
Originally posted by daedric warrior
dragonbone curiass is the best in the game. it is heavy armor and has a AR of 333 with heavy armor skill at 100. i have a full daedric suit but i wear the dragonbone curiass instead of the daedric. it is like 40 pounds lighter.

Some people may be getting dragonscale confused with dragonbone,ones light armor the other is heavy.

I said the amulet of shadows was the cheapest item, not the best.