PDA

View Full Version : NFL 2k3 or NFL Fever 2003?? ...and some questions...

wweomaniac
07-28-2002, 06:16 PM
Which game are you getting??

And also... I've looked through different sources and none are saying that 2k3 is gonna be XBox Live enabled. Is that true. None are saying it isn't, but I have yet to see that it is. I remember when they announced Live, that they claimed the 2k3 games would be Live.

just wondering

If NFL 2k3 isn't live, I'll have to get NFL Fever 2003. :( I don't like Fever's gameplay.

faceoff508
07-28-2002, 06:24 PM
Only Played Fever, never played the others. But dont worry NFL 2k3 is online. Though those fuks at EA wont support online with Madden for Xbox, only PS2.

POD13259
07-28-2002, 07:55 PM
Definitely getting Fever.

wweomaniac
07-28-2002, 10:14 PM
Originally posted by faceoff508
Only Played Fever, never played the others. But dont worry NFL 2k3 is online. Though those fuks at EA wont support online with Madden for Xbox, only PS2. Do you have any proof? I've checked 3 websites...

Keltiks
07-28-2002, 10:16 PM
Does NCAA Football 2k3 support Xbox Live?

wweomaniac
07-28-2002, 10:30 PM
Originally posted by Keltiks
Does NCAA Football 2k3 support Xbox Live? good question

Marc
07-29-2002, 12:02 AM
I was under the impression that NFL 2K3 and NCAA 2K3 would both have xbox live support. If they don't I'll just buy Madden because Fever sucks. If they do I'll buy NFL 2K3. I got NCAA 2003 for my birthday.

Chaotic
07-29-2002, 08:08 AM
All sega sports games will support XBOX live.

Im getting NFL2k3 for sure, but i will most likely get fever as well.

I also have NCAA 2003 great game BTW.

Marc
07-29-2002, 08:11 AM
NCAA 2003 is as close to perfect a football game as I've ever played. Who out there is actually buying MADDEN when it won't support xbox live? I know it is supposed to be the schit this year with gang tackling and all, but damn...

wweomaniac
07-29-2002, 09:53 AM
Originally posted by Marc
NCAA 2003 is as close to perfect a football game as I've ever played. Who out there is actually buying MADDEN when it won't support xbox live? I know it is supposed to be the schit this year with gang tackling and all, but damn... I agree... anyone who play REAL football would know that Madden has the best gameplay out of the three. not what Microsoft wants you to think. Microsoft advertises ten times more for Fever then EA does for Madden. MS even seems to disassociatie itself with Madden by hiding it deep inside it's website and it never shows up as "featured" on the frontpage...

Anyone who play/watched REAL football and has played all three football games would know that Madden is the best... but it doesn't support Live :(

Chaotic
07-29-2002, 09:57 AM
Originally posted by wweomaniac
I agree... anyone who play REAL football would know that Madden has the best gameplay out of the three. not what Microsoft wants you to think. Microsoft advertises ten times more for Fever then EA does for Madden. MS even seems to disassociatie itself with Madden by hiding it deep inside it's website and it never shows up as "featured" on the frontpage...

Anyone who play/watched REAL football and has played all three football games would know that Madden is the best... but it doesn't support Live :(

I would disagree with you and say NFL2k3 is the best in the gameplay and animations of charcther models.

NFL2k3 plays the best there is no comparision to any of the other games, the auto replays,charcther animations,tackling,announcers,passing game,running game, everything is great from NFL2k3.

I think EA games do play well but could be improved by including more charcther animations and better graphics. The guys appear to be choppy and they all move and look the same.

wweomaniac
07-29-2002, 10:01 AM
Originally posted by TheMentorsXbox

I would disagree with you and say NFL2k3 is the best in the gameplay and animations of charcther models.

NFL2k3 plays the best there is no comparision to any of the other games, the auto replays,charcther animations,tackling,announcers,passing game,running game, everything is great from NFL2k3.

I think EA games do play well but could be improved by including more charcther animations and better graphics. The guys appear to be choppy and they all move and look the same. Hmm.. strange. I would say that I thought the EXACT opposite as you... I thought that the Madden graphics were better then the 2k2 graphics. I never though 2k2 was a bad game but I thought about 2k2 just the same way you thought of madden. I thought the character models were beauiful. perhaps it needed slightly better tackling (but I never really noticed a difference in 2k2 tackling) and the announcing was stupid (lol Madden).

The Art Of Dyin
07-29-2002, 10:09 AM
fever was my first xbox game but now im trading it but ill buy it again and ill also buy fever 2003 just because its developed by microsoft and it IS the BEST football game out there. :)

Zion
07-29-2002, 10:56 AM
I agree... anyone who play REAL football would know that Madden has the best gameplay out of the three. not what Microsoft wants you to think. Microsoft advertises ten times more for Fever then EA does for Madden. MS even seems to disassociatie itself with Madden by hiding it deep inside it's website and it never shows up as "featured" on the frontpage...

Wait a minute...I've played quite a bit of football throughout my middle schoool, high school, and college careers....and I've watched quite a bit of football since graduation.

Now never, NEVER EVER NEVER NEVER NEVER have I seen a running back get the ball, run into his own offensive line and just keep running in place for 2 minutes until he manages to get tackled.

I laugh at, and hold my head in shame for anyone who thinks Madden is the most realistic football game ever created. It's bad enough that anyone would think that Madden is even a GOOD game. Madden is the WORST football game I've EVER played. It's a joke.

Snapple
07-29-2002, 11:30 AM
i would have to go with nfl fever 2003 cause this game beats practically everthing about madden and i never seen what nfl 2k3 looks like so im not going with that:D and i have nfl fever 2002 and its awsome so i would definatly go with nfl fever 2003

Chaotic
07-29-2002, 11:53 AM
Originally posted by Zion

Wait a minute...I've played quite a bit of football throughout my middle schoool, high school, and college careers....and I've watched quite a bit of football since graduation.

Now never, NEVER EVER NEVER NEVER NEVER have I seen a running back get the ball, run into his own offensive line and just keep running in place for 2 minutes until he manages to get tackled.

I laugh at, and hold my head in shame for anyone who thinks Madden is the most realistic football game ever created. It's bad enough that anyone would think that Madden is even a GOOD game. Madden is the WORST football game I've EVER played. It's a joke.

I agree totaly, thats why NFL2k3 is the most realistic because all the physics of real football are there.

Ninja Scroll
07-29-2002, 12:39 PM
I will be getting only 1 football game this year as I do every year.
And that will be NFL2K3 for a 4th consecutive year.

Last years Fever was aight, but not worth my $50.00 beans, and I have never purchased a EA game in my life and dont see that course of action changing in hte far, far future.

So it's NFL2K3 all da way for da Ninja along with da XBL this November so I can open up a can of whoop ass with da NINERS on all ya'lls asses!:cool:

wweomaniac
07-29-2002, 02:30 PM
I swear, I have yet to see any proof that NFl 2k3 is on XBox Live...
** other then a Misocroft press release, i have yet to see it

Zion
07-29-2002, 02:37 PM
I swear, I have yet to see any proof that NFl 2k3 is on XBox Live...
** other then a Misocroft press release, i have yet to see it

ALL Sega 2k3 titles will be Live compatable.

wweomaniac
07-29-2002, 03:10 PM
Originally posted by Zion

ALL Sega 2k3 titles will be Live compatable. it doesn't say that on ign, gamespot or planet xbox. I don't get it. It says it for Fever 2003 on all those sites. The only site that says taht is the press release that came out when M$ FIRST announced XBox Live during E3. Since then, I've heard nothing.

Can someone give me some proof....

wweomaniac
07-29-2002, 03:18 PM
NCAA 2k3

-"All of the college bowls and the less-than-stellar BCS system are included, but there is no online play. Gamers using Xbox Live will be able to upload their stats to an online ranking system, but that hardly makes up for a lack of head-to-head action. "

faceoff508
07-29-2002, 03:27 PM
BREAKING NEWS:

Madden 2003 got game of the month from EGM.

wweomaniac
07-29-2002, 05:23 PM
Originally posted by faceoff508
BREAKING NEWS:

Madden 2003 got game of the month from EGM. I don't find that hard to believe. I would agree with their decision. XBox owners don't realize how good that game is in relation to the others.

Xbox Owner
07-29-2002, 05:29 PM
Fever all the way baby!

robnyack
07-29-2002, 08:22 PM
-"All of the college bowls and the less-than-stellar BCS system are included, but there is no online play. Gamers using Xbox Live will be able to upload their stats to an online ranking system, but that hardly makes up for a lack of head-to-head action. "

so, college 2k3 is not online playable? Obviously, EA's version is not for xbox live either. So, what do you guys think? Which do you buy? Which one....do....you.....buy?

bbchs_trash
07-29-2002, 10:30 PM
Alrite, I've read every little post in this thread, and quite frankly I don't agree with anyone, other than maybe WWEoManiac.

You see, all of you little fanboys that blame EA for not making our games online, or they don't give us the same ones as the other systems...

THAT'S MICROSOFTS FAULT!

If they were planning on having Xbox Live out by the time of launch for Madden, I'm sure that EA would have been more than happy to make it online. But since Sont is the only people that have set their date in stone for August 27th EA did make it Online. You say that Microsoft also has set their's in stone for November? No, no they haven't. They said Summer 2003, now they say Fall 2003, well in all technicalities... Summer doesn't end until late October I believe.( I think I am wrong, tell me) So I doubt Xbox Live Launches before LATE November.

As for Football titles themselves:(In order of release)

NCAA College Football 2003: The most solid football game I have ever played. I have played quite possibly every football game in the history of games, and none even contend with this Title. It is a very solid game, and it plays just like real life. Sure you get held up on your line every once in awhile, but besides little things like that, this game is the all around best Football game ever, and as far as I am concerned, it sets a new standard.

NCAA 2k3: Looks to be shaping up nicely. They really did re-invent college football with their first attempt, but if it follows in those footsteps, EA has them beat by a huge margin. The graphics upgrade looks nice, but they will need more than that to make it to the top.

NFL Fever 2003: Microsofts second attempt at Console Football, and by a football gaming standard their first attempt fell short by a long shot. I think Microsoft better have scrapped the game engine, or my $53.11 would've been wasted on this game. NFL Fever got a lot of playing time from me last year, until November 16th, the day I popped Madden into the Xbox and gave it a shot.

Madden 2003: If this game even scratches the surface of NCAA College Football 2003, they more than likely have a million seller on their hands. With them having a football star like Marshall Faulk on the cover, they must be doing a lot more right than some people give them credit for. I am sure with the improved franchise mode, upgraded graphics, and the new training camp feature. this won't be one to miss.

NFL 2k3: Sega Sports seems to be going in the right direction with the upgraded graphics and newly laid out Franchise Mode. This game seems to look like one of the best Football games coming out this year. This could very well top Madden, if it is what it seems to be. Reading up on IGN these past couple weeks, I have been viewing the in depth look of the Franchise, and it seems to have features that top out every other game.

Overall Sports Franchises:

Fever: It's in it's second year on the gridiron and so far it hasn't proven itself.

Madden: The true founder of what Football games are today. Madden has been the top in the Football category since I have remembered, and it looks like the crown will stay with them.

NFL 2k Series: The NFL 2k series really did revoulutionize graphics, when it was competing with the PS and N64, while it was on the supreme hardware of Dreamcast. When Madden 2001 came out on PS2, the NFL 2k series was put to shame, when Madden took the graphics back and held its ground with gameplay. Now NFL 2k has gotten off of the Dreamcast hardware, and now has its chance to strut its stuff on the new consoles. Last years port from the Dreamcast really had no chance of contension with NFL Fever or Madden, but this year, it gets past its early career mistake and looks to take the throne.

Please don't read all of this and then say I am biased for Visual Concepts, or Microsoft, or EA, because really in all actuality, I own all of these games, including last years version(not NCAA they weren't available). I am a freak when it comes to Football, and I already have every game on Preorder. When my Xbox gets back from its service repairs I am ready to kick some gridiron ass with my collection of games. I really have a good view on these games, considering I play every one of them. And you all may think I am crazy, but my favorite football title from last year was indeed the one looked down upon...

NFL Primetime 2002. The game lacked in graphics but had the best Franchise mode, and even had a decent gameplay once you got into it...

Thanks for your time...

P.S. The 2k series will not all be online. In fact, the only titles confirmed for online is NBA and NFL 2k3. NHL and NCAA have either been confirmed not to be(NCAA) or not confirmed.

No other game is going online besides NFL Fever, but online shouldn't decide your purchase, rather what you can have fun with by yourself. Don't let online influence your purchase, it isn't that big of a thing to talk you out of an excellent game. Maybe when Online Franchise takes place it will be, but right now, it isn't.

wweomaniac
07-29-2002, 10:45 PM
Originally posted by bbchs_trash
No other game is going online besides NFL Fever, but online shouldn't decide your purchase, rather what you can have fun with by yourself. Don't let online influence your purchase, it isn't that big of a thing to talk you out of an excellent game. Maybe when Online Franchise takes place it will be, but right now, it isn't. No, I have friends who love Madden 9or any football game) and they always come over to play. I sold Madden a few months ago and whenever they come over... we got nothing to do. I could buy madden (or 2k3) and play without the support of XBox Live... but if I'm buying the starter kit... what's the point of having only one game to play (Unreal C)?? If I am purchasing the Live Starter kit... i think I should have more then one live compatible game... that was my philosphy.

bbchs_trash
07-29-2002, 11:54 PM
I am also buying the Starter Kit, and Tyco R/C Revolt doesn't float my boat. But I will not let online play influence my decision in a football game... nor should it anyone else. Well, maybe if all you are going to do is pla it online, but I know damned well most people buy football games for the Dynasty or Franchise mode... and as of yet these modes haven't made it online.

I think Rainbow Six games and Unreal will float my boat forawhile, but I am really looking forward to a Star Wars RPG, and some other sorts of games like that too go online. I also would like to see a ton of team based games too come out, that are like first person. That would be fun...

Marc
07-30-2002, 01:55 AM
I might buy NFL 2K3 and trade an old game for Madden 2003 at thexboxstop.com. The more I think of it, the more I want to play Madden 2003, online or not. If Fever is the only online game, then I'll definately just buy Madden because Fever SUCKS.

Oh yeah, as far as the guy running in place when the line is jammed up, where the hell would you want him to go? As far as I know, if a running back has the ball and the line is jammed, he is stopped and tries to push through the line. Would you have him miraculously pass through the offensive and defensive tackles like some kind of phuckin ghost? If the line is jammed and there is no place to go, then there is no place to go. If you see a hole and can;t get through it, that's a different story, but it isn't the games fault. Maybe you just need to practice more.