PDA

View Full Version : Serious Question about Morrowind !

Shadow20002
07-28-2002, 08:15 PM
Morrowind is fun and capture everyone on PC and xbox. I have a copy for the xbox. This is the problem. Due to PC version, the people who buy it have a update and we still have the "many bugs" version of the game. My question are we will get a update for the xbox version ? Maybe i think we will get the "final" release update... I hopes that is due to this fall because i don't want to play a game with so many bugs... And maybe a expansion pack exclusively for xbox :)

cityson
07-28-2002, 08:23 PM
I am sure there will be no updates for the Xbox version. :)

Professor Kaos
07-28-2002, 08:53 PM
i think and hope it will happen cuz u can get it like doa3 expansions thru the oxm mag. i think i heard some where that es3 is updateable, we can only hope.........................and wait...................and wait.................and wait some more cuz they have no idea y we get the dirty disk messege

mother
07-28-2002, 09:24 PM
i HERD, that when xbox live comes out that there will be a crap load of things that you can upgrade on your xbox.

i HERD that you could goto special rooms not sites that contain upgrades and patches for games. and also my biggest thing , i herd that you could upgrade your visiualizer so that it acctually goes with the music!!!!! - thats the only problem i have with my xbox, why would you put a crap visualizer on the box damn get off your ass bill!!!!!!!

preetz16
07-28-2002, 09:25 PM
The thing is, I would be more than willing to do some sort of disc exchange where I sent them my copy with the old build on it as proof that I bought it, and they send me a disc with the new build on it and maybe some dev approved mods. THIS is what I hope they'll at least consider. I don't know if it's ever been done before, but the tradeoff between their profit and who will buy their games is probably a pretty good one.

Just to note: I have had very few problems with the game, and even if they occured more often than they do now it would not be enough to deter me from playing Morrowind or any subsequent games by Bethesda. But the indication from the official Morrowind forums is that a lot of people are mad...so Bethesda should probably do something....

preetz16
07-28-2002, 09:40 PM
Originally posted by mother
i HERD, that when xbox live comes out that there will be a crap load of things that you can upgrade on your xbox.

i HERD that you could goto special rooms not sites that contain upgrades and patches for games. and also my biggest thing , i herd that you could upgrade your visiualizer so that it acctually goes with the music!!!!! - thats the only problem i have with my xbox, why would you put a crap visualizer on the box damn get off your ass bill!!!!!!!

Yeah there will probably be tons of sites to download add-ons and mods, but a patch is a completely different thing. Refer to my post right about this as to what they should do...but the reason they CAN'T do it is because the executable that actually loads all the different parts of the game is not on the harddrive...it's burned (permently) on the DVD. It would have been nice (and would have made patching very easy) if the first time you ran Morrowind, it installed the executeable on your hard disc and then every subsequent time you put the discs into play and it saw that the exe was already there it would simply direct the machine tword the exe on the harddrive. This would allow the exe to be changable, and would allow patching since the exe is the main thing that needs to change in a patch.

shrew king
07-28-2002, 10:33 PM
Well I think you should be able to send in a proof of purchase, then they send you the disc that will fix the problems, but in the future, i would really rather not have to update console games, if i want to do all the updates and $hit ill play my computer, but bethesda definitely needs to give us an updated version or something, cause the dirty disc thing is really startin to p|ss me off.

Shadow20002
07-29-2002, 12:14 AM
So after everyone's opinion, i think i will keep playing with that "thing"....no choice.

Software2
07-30-2002, 09:00 PM
The thing that really makes me mad is that bethesda took a month to even accept the fact that there's a flaw in their game. Even then, they claim that they can't isolate the problem becuase it hasen't hapened enough times.
It's happened thousands of times to thousands of gamers! I called tech support and the guy admited to me that they knew of the problem, and they knew what was causing the problem (At least to some extent). He also admited that it has happened ALOT, and he douldn't buy the game because of it.
Let's think about that. An employee wouldn't even buy it because he new how crappy it is with the 'dirty disc' error.

I'm ticked. I sat there for 3 days straight with little food and water, and virtually no sleep, only to have this error message start. I had to take it back! I can't even play for 15 seconds without it crashing! Enough with the BS! Give me a patch!