PDA

View Full Version : I'm a retard, and can't figure out how to enchant!

Xtopia
07-28-2002, 08:46 PM
Hey guys, I've been playing Morrowind for a LONG time now, and have some sweet stuff I want to enchant. But I can't figure out how...can someone give me detailed instructions as to how I can do this. Yes, I've read how to in the manual, but I still can't.
BTW-I have a Daedrid Di-Katana that I want to enchant....

frostedflakes
07-28-2002, 09:29 PM
are you using spells or scrolls?

make sure you use spells.

SlightlySycho
07-28-2002, 09:50 PM
You have to learn a spell before you can enchant it (or have it enchanted on). Once you learn a spell you can enchant an item to cast it at any magnitude (I fifteen drake healing spell that healing five hp can be used to make some enchanted pants that heal 100 points). Of course, you'll need a Soul Gem (duh). Certain spell effects (like Constant Effect and Cast on Strike) can only be applied if you have a large enough soul (specifically, an Ascended Sleeper or Golden Saint). After that, there are only two limitations on your enchantment:
A. Your pocketbook.
B. The Enchantment threshold of the item. It'd be nice if you could make a sword that deals out a thousand points of damage per strike, but most swords can't hold that much enchantment.

Knight
07-29-2002, 02:23 PM
Originally posted by Xtopia
Hey guys, I've been playing Morrowind for a LONG time now, and have some sweet stuff I want to enchant. But I can't figure out how...can someone give me detailed instructions as to how I can do this. Yes, I've read how to in the manual, but I still can't.
BTW-I have a Daedrid Di-Katana that I want to enchant....

Go Read this:

http://www.bullhonkie.com/morrowind/

SciFi
07-30-2002, 01:08 PM
you can enchant an item yourself by equiping a soul gem, but if you fail then the item is destroyed allong with the soul...
so i'd go and get trained in it b4 atempting to do it myself...