PDA

View Full Version : I just got broadband....how do I hook up my xbox to play halo on the web??

xfan2k2
07-29-2002, 11:17 AM
please help me, I have my cable modem attached to my pc via a NIC card, and I use a cable modem.

JJaX
07-29-2002, 11:30 AM
http://www.xbconnect.com

D/L the software. THeres a FAQ to help you out. Its quite simple

Casper
07-29-2002, 11:34 AM
Also, we have an Official XBConnect Forum (http://www.xboxaddict.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?s=&forumid=35) that you can sort through for any difficulties. Have fun and game on :)

Expedite_Wrap
07-30-2002, 12:51 AM
:mad: Braggity brag brag...is all i heard(read) thanks alot for bragging that u have broad band, just rub it in my face :mad: that i don't!

Zion
07-30-2002, 07:29 AM
First thing you'll need to buy is a broadband router...get a D-Link or Linksys with a built in switch.

Then once you get everything connected to the router, you'll have to set up the ports and install XBconnect software. That's it!

Afro Aura
07-30-2002, 02:54 PM
Originally posted by Zion
First thing you'll need to buy is a broadband router...get a D-Link or Linksys with a built in switch.

Then once you get everything connected to the router, you'll have to set up the ports and install XBconnect software. That's it!
Yep I've got my D-Link ADSL 504 router today and it's working fine, I haven't tried to get it online with a PAL Halo as I here it won't work and I haven't got my US one any more shame really

I'll be on there soon bring on the PSO and I'm down with that

xbox_elf
07-30-2002, 10:55 PM
you can get an ethernet hub for around $30.00,or you can get a ethernet to usb adapter for whenever all you have is a modem with a usb cable,but that costs around $100 which is a rip off.

Zion
07-31-2002, 07:11 AM
Originally posted by xbox_elf
you can get an ethernet hub for around $30.00,or you can get a ethernet to usb adapter for whenever all you have is a modem with a usb cable,but that costs around $100 which is a rip off.

Spend the extra $20 and get a broadband router. A plain old hub WILL NOT WORK.