Demos:

TimeSplitters 2
GunMetal
NCAA Football 2003
And The DOA3 Bounus Pack

E3 Videos

Casper
07-29-2002, 02:10 PM
Well, now I have something to look forward to tonight...but my mailman is probably still reading it :(

Those demos sound pretty good, but I was hoping that since it seemed to be late that it would have more of a surprise...oh well, que sera sera, ya know?

Alien
07-29-2002, 02:18 PM
I just got mine too. It's cool, the mag is good, the disc is pretty good. I wish they would stop putting DOA III demos on there though...

I think GunMetal is pretty boring. TimeSplitter's 2 though is really fun, I've been playing it a while. The controls take some getting used to though, at least for me it did.

JJaX
07-29-2002, 02:22 PM
TIME SPLITTERS 2 DEMO!!!!

ACK!!!!

WHERE IS MY ISSUE #10!

if its not there when i get off work im gonna be pi55ed.

XBOX MSSC
07-29-2002, 02:23 PM
sweet ! i just got a notice about paying the bill or they'll sue me....:D

DZNUTZ
07-29-2002, 02:39 PM
first off..oxm won't sue u...they'll take u to collections and screw up your credit

i just re-uped my subscription for an additional 2 years when my first 2years runs up.

issue #10 sounds sweet....can't wait ta play some timesplitters.

Snoopy7548
07-29-2002, 02:39 PM
Originally posted by Knight
No Sega GT2002 demo on it
Demos:

TimeSplitters 2
GunMetal
NCAA Football 2003
And The DOA3 Bounus Pack

E3 Videos

what the fu*kin sh*t b*tch? no sega gt? what the damn sh*t is the matter with them? they like fu*king promised it, those little commy bastards. and why the hell do we have doa3 again?? this is like the 50th time, jesus christ, i think by now, everyone in the fu*kin US has the bonus pack. if sega gt isnt on the next disc, im gonna go ape sh*t.:mad:

Zion
07-29-2002, 02:40 PM
Well SHHHHEEEEIIIITTT. I was looking forward to that Sega GT demo.

Oh well, I'm wanting an NCAA demo as well...ticked me off when I saw that Wal Mart had their OXM running last week with NCAA.

DZNUTZ
07-29-2002, 02:40 PM
Originally posted by Snoopy7548

what the fu*kin sh*t b*tch? no sega gt? what the damn sh*t is the matter with them? they like fu*king promised it, those little commy bastards. and why the hell do we have doa3 again?? this is like the 50th time, jesus christ, i think by now, everyone in the fu*kin US has the bonus pack. if sega gt isnt on the next disc, im gonna go ape sh*t.:mad:

snoopy..do i need to give you a time-out?

Snoopy7548
07-29-2002, 02:44 PM
lol. no. im just so mad right now, they like told us that we were getting a sega gt demo, and now its not there. this is the 2nd time this has happened, and im very mad right now. lol.:) :mad: :mad: and the disc is pretty weak, only 3 demos and an e3 videos thing? come on, they can do better than that. one time, a disc had like 10 demos

faceoff508
07-29-2002, 02:45 PM
Cool, I cant wat. Whats the cover?

yall
07-29-2002, 03:17 PM
Looks like OXM is going to be the only game in town. Ziff-Davis is going bankrupt and probably taking xbox nation with them.

faceoff508
07-29-2002, 03:19 PM
Originally posted by yall
Looks like OXM is going to be the only game in town. Ziff-Davis is going bankrupt and probably taking xbox nation with them.

Where did you get this. How? Show me proof?

Knight
07-29-2002, 03:19 PM
Originally posted by yall

Do you have link talking about Ziff-Davis having a hard time with money??

XboxGamers
07-29-2002, 03:20 PM
OXM #10 sounds great!!

faceoff508
07-29-2002, 03:24 PM

Do you have link talking about Ziff-Davis having a hard time with money??

Found it:

http://www.nytimes.com/2002/07/29/business/media/29ZIFF.html?ex=1028520000&en=73c9a4f95c212ba8&ei=5006&partner=ALTAVISTA

Knight
07-29-2002, 03:28 PM
Ziff Davis Is Said to Plan a Bankruptcy July 29, 2002
By DAVID CARR

ZIFF DAVIS MEDIA, which was a major player in technology publishing with PC magazine and the now-closed Yahoo Internet Life, has been telling advertisers that it will be forced to enter a prepackaged bankruptcy by the end of this week, according to a major advertiser and two publishing executives who are close to the situation.

Company officials had no comment on the potential bankruptcy, but acknowledged that there would be a financial restructuring by Friday. The company, which is principally owned by the investor group Willis Stein & Partners, had sought approval for a plan, arranged in May with key creditors, that would have cut its $450 million debt by $155 million and cut its annual interest payments $30 million without a bankruptcy proceeding.

Advertisement

But a publishing official close to the situation said that the arrangement had failed to win the approval of 95 percent of the bondholders, as required by the agreement.

The company is restructuring because it cannot meet its current obligations and has little cash on hand, according to public filings. The publishing official said that under the terms of the proposed bankruptcy, a Chapter 11 proceeding, the bondholders would receive new equity in the form of bonds, cash and a percentage of the company. The company has told its advertisers that the bankruptcy will ensure the long-term health of the firm and provide for a stable marketing platform.

Company officials declined to be interviewed but issued a statement:

"Over the past nine months, we have shored up our core properties, invested in our developing assets and exited poorly performing business sectors," said Robert F. Callahan, chairman and chief executive, through a spokesman. "We have almost deployed a financial restructuring plan that significantly reduces our debt. We will emerge stronger and more profitable."

The potential bankruptcy, which will give the company new financing and operational flexibility, could make clients less eager to advertise in Ziff Davis Media's remaining nine magazines.

"This could be the best thing for the company, but it would be difficult for advertisers to swallow in the current environment," said the publishing official. One large advertiser, however, said that he would continue to advertise in the company's computer-game magazines "because they deliver the audience that I need."

The company recently closed Yahoo Internet Life, a 1.1 million circulation magazine that lost $30 million in its seven years of existence, according to the trade magazine Mediaweek. Ad pages dropped 50 percent in each of the last two years.

Six of the company's 15 magazines have been shut in the last six months, including Family PC, Expedia Travels, Interactive Week and eShopper The company reduced Smart Business to a newsletter and laid off most of its staff. The company still publishes PC Magazine, which has a circulation of 1.23 million, three controlled circulation magazines in the technology sector, and five game magazines, including the recently introduced Xbox Nation.

Willis Stein & Partners paid $780 million for the company during the bull market in technology in a deal that closed in April 2000. The company's earnings before interest, taxes, depreciation and amortization are projected to be $6.5 million in 2002, according to security filings, and then are expected to rise to $34.4 million in 2003 if the restructuring goes as planned.

Savings will be gained from the closing of money-losing magazines and the layoff of 700 of the company's 1,150 employees the last year. With its remaining employees, Ziff Davis is trying to diversify out of the technology sector by starting additional computer-game magazines and by tapping into the youth enthusiast markets, like skateboarding magazines, although no specific magazines are in the works.

The previous chairman of the company, Jim Dunning, was replaced in September by Robert Callahan. Mr. Dunning sued and the case was settled in a mediated agreement, with Mr. Dunning receiving $2.6 million and the forgiveness of $4.5 million in loans.

In a previous deal, Willis Stein and Mr. Dunning sold Peterson Publishing, which they bought in 1996 for $460 million, to the British publisher EMAP in 1999 for $1.5 billion. EMAP suffered heavy losses and sold the publishing group last year to Primedia for $515 million.

lllSmokelll
07-29-2002, 03:28 PM
Originally posted by XBOX MSSC
sweet ! i just got a notice about paying the bill or they'll sue me....:D
they sent me one of those too....but i ignored it cause i already payed...then 2 weeks later i got a letter from a collections agency...but i took care of it

Tkf5000
07-29-2002, 03:32 PM
isnt timesplitters 2 not coming out for a few months? this issue sounds good but it needs a dead to rights,buffy,and sega gt demo. i better get my issue tommorow. crappy mail people take so long to devliver one little magazine.

Knight
07-29-2002, 03:37 PM
You know it's good & Bad that Ziff Davis is going to dead!!

Good

EGM will be dead Soon

Bad

CGW is a magizine I like to pick up some times
One less XBox Magazine even if it's a crapy one

But I plan to pick up the CGW that's going on sale on Augest 6 it has a preview of UT2k3!!

I hope that a new publicer will make a new XBox magazine soon!!
It's better to have 2 magazine then one!!

Tkf5000
07-29-2002, 03:50 PM
But I plan to pick up the CGW that's going on sale on Augest 6 it has a preview of UT2k3!!

I hope that a new publicer will make a new XBox magazine soon!!
It's better to have 2 magazine then one!!
The computer version of unreal tournament is different. we get unreal championship i belive.
And there is another xbox magazine. made by the same ppl who make EGM and CGW. I think its called XBN, x box nation. i have the first issue of it. i never got another one cuz i could never find one.

Brevity
07-29-2002, 03:55 PM
Just wondering is TS2 going to be linkable? Check your mag.

faceoff508
07-29-2002, 03:57 PM
Originally posted by Brevity
Just wondering is TS2 going to be linkable? Check your mag.

Sorry, its not even online:(

Knight
07-29-2002, 03:59 PM
Originally posted by Tkf5000

The computer version of unreal tournament is different. we get unreal championship i belive.
And there is another xbox magazine. made by the same ppl who make EGM and CGW. I think its called XBN, x box nation. i have the first issue of it. i never got another one cuz i could never find one.

I know the UT2k3 & UC are different, But most likely I will be getting Both(I know I'm getting UT2k3)!! XBN is made by Ziff Davis, but from the sould of it there making money on there Video Games/Computer Games magazines but not on the other crap!!
Right now there is two XBox Magazines OXM & XBN!!

Tkf5000
07-29-2002, 04:07 PM
Right now there is two XBox Magazines OXM & XBN!! I cant even find XBN in stores anymore. eveywhere i go i look at the magazine rack hoping to get another. it was a ok magazine (well the first issue was). i dont really need it anyway, i get evertything i need from OXM, the 3 big online gaming networks and some other magazines i ocasionally pick up (like EGM)

Brevity
07-29-2002, 05:34 PM
Originally posted by faceoff508

Sorry, its not even online:(
Suck I read in my EGM today that the PS2 version gets online and i-link. We get the old Goldeneye *****. FPS that go multi-player w/o atleast using the link (not the net just the link) can burn in hell. It fact I wont even rant then (i.e. damn new 007 for the Xbox):mad: :mad: :mad: Linkage is the hullahoop --sp? of our day.

Snapple
07-29-2002, 05:51 PM
****** it looks like you people are having the same problems as me the issue 10 is late and it better have more stuff than what yall put, **** im ****ed it better be hear tommarow

faceoff508
07-29-2002, 06:35 PM
Whats the cover?

bbchs_trash
07-30-2002, 12:25 AM
Both EGM and OXM are late this month...

What the shindig is going on, they were supposed to be here Saturday... Ahh shucks... someone is getting a phone call. If you have an EGM account then just go ahead and drive them into bankruptcy faster by calling their customer service department and say you didn't get the July issue. They will send you one... And I know all of you true Xboxers got that froM EGM subscription when you preordered you Xbox from EB in their bundle...

BORNGD
07-30-2002, 10:08 AM
I seem to always get my OXM last....oh well

Woocifer
07-30-2002, 11:51 AM
I got that EGM magazine subscription when I bought my Xbox. I was told it was a free year...they told me it was 6 months...they lied, so phuck them. I'm glad its all going down because their coverage is horrific and their ideology is aggrivating.

Tkf5000
07-31-2002, 07:14 PM
its been three days and i still dont have issue 10! whats going on? if i dont get it tommorow im gunna go crazy.

Snoopy7548
07-31-2002, 07:24 PM
yea, me too. i usually get it on like the 25th or something, but i still havent gotten it yet.