Play Magazine 3 out of 5 60.0%

Enclave:
Gamespy 72 out of 100 72.0%
Xen Gamers C 65.0%
TechTV 3 out of 5 60.0%
GamePen 2.5 out of 5 50.0%
Play Magazine 5 out of 5 100.0%
Game Informer 7.5 out of 10 75.0%

From now on. I am not going to be hyped about any game until it comes out. Dont want to be let down. I hope they are wrong.

Supperdog
07-29-2002, 03:11 PM
well egm can go and die, biased bastards :mad:

Knight
07-29-2002, 03:16 PM
Computer & Video Games is a pro nintendo web site and Games Radar is very anti XBox!! OXM give Buffy a 9/10!!

faceoff508
07-29-2002, 03:17 PM
I edited my post, got some more reviews. But always when a bad review comes out for a game alot more bad reviews follow.

faceoff508
07-29-2002, 03:18 PM
Originally posted by Knight
Computer & Video Games is a pro nintendo web site and Games Radar is very anti XBox!! OXM give Buffy a 9/10!!

Well OXM did give Wreckless a 9.......

But I hope your right. I will pray.

wweomaniac
07-29-2002, 03:19 PM
Originally posted by faceoff508
Dead To Rights:
Electronic Gaming Monthly 5.5 out of 10 55.0%
Play Magazine 3 out of 5 60.0% that's communist. I don't care aboot Buffy or Enclave... you considered those good games?

faceoff508
07-29-2002, 03:26 PM
Originally posted by wweomaniac
that's communist. I don't care aboot Buffy or Enclave... you considered those good games?

Its been realy hyped over by other Xbaers. Just pray that its not that bad. Pray.

Tkf5000
07-29-2002, 03:27 PM
actuakly some of those are good scores. a 7.5 from one of the three big online gaming industries (ign,gamepsy,gamespot) is actually pretty good. not great, but good.

DZNUTZ
07-29-2002, 03:29 PM
those dead to rights scores scare me.....:confused:
damn it....5.5 is just pure crap in terms of a score from egm.....
i mean maybe i'd shrug it off it it was like a 7 or a 7.5 but 5.5
guess i'll have to wait and see for myself.

Tkf5000
07-29-2002, 03:35 PM
Originally posted by DZNUTZ
man from what ign and gamespy and gamspot said it sounded like it would be one of the #1 games! did u hear igns article about the prison level? they made it sound so cool. well have to wait and hear from oxm and the big 3 online gaming industry sites.

faceoff508
07-29-2002, 03:36 PM
Originally posted by DZNUTZ

Lets wait until IGN and Gamespot give it a score. Than we can judge.

dave_m123
07-29-2002, 03:37 PM
My advice is dont bother reading so called professional reviews as the huge majority of them suck. I'd rather go of the majority of buyers opinions which i see on the net.

I dont believe how low Enclave has been graded by some magazines. I think it should have been graded a lot higher as it is an excellent game.

studepaber
07-29-2002, 03:48 PM
Meh?? Have you read any Enclave forums? It seems the majority of those who have already played Enclave think this is a bad @ss game (although it starts off a bit slow). I guess I'll find out in a few days when I buy it whether it lives up to all the hoopla (I've read in the forums), but I think alot of people will be pleasantly surprised.

Knight
07-29-2002, 03:50 PM
Originally posted by dave_m123
My advice is dont bother reading so called professional reviews as the huge majority of them suck. I'd rather go of the majority of buyers opinions which i see on the net.

I dont believe how low Enclave has been graded by some magazines. I think it should have been graded a lot higher as it is an excellent game.

OXM give it a 7.4/10!!

Tkf5000
07-29-2002, 03:53 PM

OXM give it a 7.4/10!!
i dont see why oxm would review enclave and not include the demo. what are they gunna do include it in the next issue whn everybody has it? i hate when oxm does that. they are usually late and if they include one new demo of a game that comes out later that month they only have like 4 demos (like last months issue with crazy taxi).

faceoff508
07-29-2002, 03:59 PM
What score did Crazy taxi get? Can someone please tell me?

Knight
07-29-2002, 04:03 PM
What score did Crazy taxi get? Can someone please tell me?

CT3 got a 8/10, GunMetal 7.9/10, Dead to Rights 8.5/10

Supperdog
07-29-2002, 04:05 PM
uhmm...enclave is out? DAAAAAAAAMN :eek:

faceoff508
07-29-2002, 04:08 PM
Originally posted by Supperdog
uhmm...enclave is out? DAAAAAAAAMN :eek:

Only in europe.

faceoff508
07-29-2002, 04:10 PM

CT3 got a 8/10, GunMetal 7.9/10, Dead to Rights 8.5/10

wow, those are pretty good scores. What made Gun Metal get the least score? Dead to Rights got 8.5. Thats a great score. Too bad its not an editors choice. Is Buffy and editors choice?

Tkf5000
07-29-2002, 04:13 PM
im about to go crazy sittin here and some people are playing gunmetal and timesplitters! i wish i could just fall alseep and wake up and have it be tommorow.

Xbox Owner
07-29-2002, 04:40 PM
Lets wait until IGN and Gamespot give it a score.
Than we can judge.

Wtf?! You judge your games on suckspot and ign?! They both suck

wweomaniac
07-29-2002, 05:20 PM
First of all, I'd like to say OXM gies majorly inflated review scores for games that aren't that great IMO. Look at the past reviews they've given... I remember seeing a few that scored a bit too high for my liking. I won't ever trust OXM for scores... it's too biased.

Marc
07-30-2002, 01:41 AM
I'm thinking those reviewers are biased, ass kissing, backstabbing bastards...

Tinny
07-30-2002, 08:02 AM
All magazines are biased. All magazines can not give a a 100% accurate review which caters for all gamers. All magazines are only good for telling you the latest happenings.

1) Play the game. See for youself.
2) Ask your peers.
3) Don't trust/believe everything you read/hear/see.

borka105
07-30-2002, 09:48 AM
i don't know, those reviews seems a bit too low.

BTW, GI gave Crazy Taxi an 8.5.

I am going to waite for the scores from GI, and IGN.

The guy who is reviewing dead to rights from Gamspot, already in several posts said that he loves the game, but it was the hardest he has ever play. He says that you want to keep playing the game, but only advanced players will make it to the end. he praised the game a lot for everything, but in the end noted that it's not for everyone.

I think personally, this is what I have been waiting for. I get a great game that's finally challenging and will in the end be worth the $50.

He also noted that he did feel like stopping because the game got very difficult, but continued to play on because the game is so addicting. In the end he stated that he was very rewarded to play a game like this. I would think he would give the game around a 7.5, and ign would give it an 8.5.

All the other sites who gave this game a 5 are insane, they either played and were like this game is hard, I am going to stop, or just went in with the idea of throwing out a score quickly.

I know close friends who had a hands on experience of this game and are nutz about it. We all have it pre-ordered and know what we're expecting. This game will rock, you'll all see.

-Borka105

xbox_elf
07-30-2002, 10:57 PM
I HATE EGM!!!!!!

GRAVEDIGGER
07-31-2002, 12:44 AM
Wait a sec, slow me up.. the simpletons at EGM gave Dead to Rights a low score..ha, please...the day i go buy an EGM magazine and even consider their drivel worth 2 cents is the day i throw my XBOX out the front door and lay waste to my games by way of fire:mad: DTR is gonna be a great game, way better than Max Lame. And i dont listen to reviewers i'll play the game for myself and make my own decision, thats why we have a blockbuster. And by the way is DTR even out yet?

And i doubt, Buffy was a major title. Seriously, its buffy, what next, a charmed game?

Untill next time...:mad:

Shorezy
07-31-2002, 12:50 AM
I personally think only you and you only can actually "rate" a game. Why don't you go rent it (hyped or not hyped about it) just to see if it's good. I donno, maybe some of you will disagree, but just rent one and see what you think!

GRAVEDIGGER
07-31-2002, 01:08 AM
Precicely Halo_11, you put the nail in the coffin. And BTW, your sig is simply tytework man!!

Untill next time...:mad:

Evil_Dr_Beefy
07-31-2002, 04:30 AM
Reviews hold a lot more power than some of you guys are willing to admit.....it's how alot of people view the system and it's games.....not every xbox game is going to be a winner....., but at the end of the day...i reserve jugdement until i play the games in question

TheGeezer
07-31-2002, 05:25 AM
Well Ive only put about 7 hours into Enclave but I think its a really good game in its own rights. I know some peeps gave it marked down scores because it ended up having original elements of the game dropped. however if you take it as a game in its own right as it is i think you should come to love it.

Its not without its flaws but the good defo well out weighs the bad. Too early to give it a final score, but IMO it defo deserves a fookin better score than 5 or 6.

I nearly didnt buy this game because of some of the reviews it got. So glad that I did though.

Raaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaah time to cut some more heads off :eek:

kornavs19
07-31-2002, 09:55 AM
they made Brute Force sound like it was going to be the perfect game.... They said you can play with 4 players doing missions....
And that it would not be split screen..... Now i heard that all of that is false... I was p*ssed....

FuNkY mOnK
07-31-2002, 03:21 PM
Well if I judged my games to what the critics say I would have missed out on a lot of good games, and let me go on record and say that these same people gave gta3 9’s and 10’s when I give it a 3, that’s my opinion. It’s all a matter of taste.

smashnp934
07-31-2002, 06:12 PM

so what? oxm is very PRO-Xbox. what's your point. neither of these scores count in my book coming from these sources.

Spaztic
08-01-2002, 08:32 AM
I got enclave as well, the graphics alone are worth at least a rental, the bird on the menu is awsome! So far I find the game very difficult, I have restarted a level numerous times. Overall it is a game someone is either going to love or hate, I suggest a rental before picking this game up! I personally think it is ok, just to the fact that it sometimes seems a bit to hard!

Indigo
08-01-2002, 08:35 AM
Considering most reviewers are proclaiming Dead to Rights to be better than Max Payne, I assume it to be a decent title. Considering I loved Max Payne, the same will follow for Dead to Rights. Anyways, some reviewers are quite biased, so I don't tend to base my gaming judgements are reviews anymore.

LTM360
08-01-2002, 12:54 PM
quote:
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
yes that's true, but didnt they also give JSRF a 9.2? I dont trust OXM because they are like Nintendo Power, and OPM, everything that comes out for their specific system kick ass.

Duke
08-01-2002, 12:59 PM
Originally posted by LTM360
quote:
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------I dont trust OXM because they are like Nintendo Power, and OPM, everything that comes out for their specific system kick ass.

Of course you have to read OXM understanding that it is the Official Xbox Magazine, but I think if you take that to account you can trust their ratings. Just take any individual rating and lower it by the amount you feel OXM is biased

MerimacHamwich
08-01-2002, 01:11 PM
I never liked the way dead to rights looked when I saw gameplay so I care not for that game. Buffy looked cool so whatever ratings it gets I will check it out for myself. Enclave looked cool too so I will also check it out for myself. Oh yeah and enclave might have got 6s and 7s becuase they took out the mulitplayer. It would have been a boss game in my opinion if they left the multiplayer in. Besides is 7 really a bad score? I would say 6 and lower is but nay higher means that the reviewer probably just didn't like it and you should check it out for yourself. Didn't Blood Omen 2 get a good review? I hate that game. It gets soo boring.

symposiumx
08-01-2002, 01:23 PM
Dead To Rights:
Electronic Gaming Monthly 5.5 out of 10 55.0%

DId they give a reason that they rated it only a 5.5 ??