PDA

View Full Version : March Madness overtakes the Xbox

Sham365
03-13-2001, 06:02 PM
I really would like to see good College sports games for the XBox. I think the college sports catergory is really un-tapped.

92DoverTiger112
03-26-2001, 12:47 PM
It seems that the video game market has never seemed to get a handle on college basketball games. I think the main problem is the importance of player names and the lack of the ability to associate character value. What could be done to help this is, do what the John Madden Football games used to do. Provide a player value/name booklet as this would allow you to associate your player with their NCAA counterpart. They should also allow text recognition, so that you could enter the name of the person, and the system would recognize it. So essentially, you could have named players on a team and that adds value. This could be a break through area for the XBOX to take advantage of. With the enormous fan base of March Madness and the attention it draws, you would think that a game for any system would practically sell itself. What I have noticed is the developers don't seem to take the same amount of time with the College games as they do with the Pro games. Hopefully the XBOX will invest the time equally in all games and not associate themselves with half-assed developers. They seem to be on the right track and have already sold me. Now hopefully they can sell the rest of the world! We'll see this fall.

WWF
04-09-2001, 11:26 PM
what is a college game?