PDA

View Full Version : Broken Xbox!

Gaws
07-29-2002, 04:20 PM
My Xbox keeps saying Dirty Disc error ever since I got Morrowind. Now it says dirty disc with all my games all the freakin time. So now i deleted my Hard drive and still DD error! I have tryed everything! It ill cost $99.95 to get it repaired by Microsoft. It was only a 90 day warrenty! XBOX SUCKS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!I HATE XBOX!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

faceoff508
07-29-2002, 04:26 PM
Arent you one of those... what do you call them......let me remeber... oh arent you one of those fanboys.
You are? I see. Its all clear to me now.

Expedite_Wrap
07-29-2002, 05:01 PM
ok, u need to vent some anger....go kick something unimportant like a ps2 (not your box). remember why u bought it, u know for all those great games comming out and xbox live. Save some money get it fixed and thank me later :)

P.S. remember no matter how bad it gets god doesnt hate you...just me.:(

DZNUTZ
07-29-2002, 05:05 PM
Originally posted by Gaws
My Xbox keeps saying Dirty Disc error ever since I got Morrowind. Now it says dirty disc with all my games all the freakin time. So now i deleted my Hard drive and still DD error! I have tryed everything! It ill cost $99.95 to get it repaired by Microsoft. It was only a 90 day warrenty! XBOX SUCKS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!I HATE XBOX!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

:rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: y am i not surprised his post count is only 17:rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

wweomaniac
07-29-2002, 05:17 PM
his XBox broke and he's angry.. give him a break.
When my XBox broke, I was angry at it.
and as for games that are coming out... I'm growing really impatient... must wait like 25 more days till my next game! :( Morrowind is a lame game. I got all the wicked armor and it still isn't fun. Glass armor made it fun for like 2 minutes, but it got boring again.

JimmieDoogan
07-29-2002, 05:22 PM
His just doesn't sound like a true story WWE. Thats all... I concure with the others, this sounds like nothing but Troll Dung Flame Bait. When mine broke I didn't act so moronically. If this is true, sorry for the user, but it doesn't at all sound credible.

wweomaniac
07-29-2002, 05:24 PM
Originally posted by JimmieDoogan
His just doesn't sound like a true story WWE. Thats all... I concure with the others, this sounds like nothing but Troll Dung Flame Bait. When mine broke I didn't act so moronically. If this is true, sorry for the user, but it doesn't at all sound credible. meh... he's been registered since May... why would he register then wait so long? maybe theyre geting smarter... dun.. dun.. dun.

Snoopy7548
07-29-2002, 05:27 PM
you guys are acting like such babies. just because he has a low post count, doesnt mean hes a ps2 fanboy. all the time, i hear everyone say how your post count doesnt matter, but now, youre flaming someone just because he has a low post count? give me a break. anyway, gaws, you might wanna try cleaning your disc, or maybe cleaning your laser with one of those cleaning cds.:)

VenoM
07-29-2002, 05:34 PM
if my xbox broke i would for sure wouldnt be dissing the xbox...even if mine broke i would still think the xbox is great...i would just be ****ed id have to buy another or repair it but i know i'll be happy again once its fixed...i havnt had a problem with mine since day 1...november 15th....thank god..hope it stays that way...ive never had a system break on me....well maybe the NES but thats only cause i was a dumb little kid and always blew in it...didnt take good care of it..i ended up buying 3 NES's back in the day....damn...remember those days when ya had to blow in the nes cartridges to make them not scrambled...:D also remember most games didnt have built in memory in them...you had to try to pass the game in one sitting...lot of work :eek:

Rochey69r
07-30-2002, 02:30 AM
Originally posted by Gaws

yeah what eva mother fu**er

Fixxer
07-30-2002, 02:48 AM
HAHA, your xbox broke!! sucks to be you! :rolleyes:

Keltiks
07-30-2002, 02:53 AM
That is the best avatar I have ever seen.

On another note,
Grow up and get over it you whining b1tch. Things break, not everything is handed to you on a silver platter. Its called reality. Congratulations you are now a statistic.

Chr0nik
07-30-2002, 05:16 AM
Can anyone say "Extended Warranty"?????

Should of spent a few more bucks and got an extended warranty on your machine. It cost me like 30 bucks more and the thing was protected against anything for the next 3 years.

Duke
07-30-2002, 05:47 AM
Look fellas, I'm not sure about the part that he says "I get the DDE with every game now", but I do get it a lot with Morrowind.

And I mean once every half hour. Some have said that it never happens to them, some more and some less than me, but I'll say right now it does happen. I've never had a DDE with any other game.

Maybe he is a fanboy and latched on to something he's heard, but as far as Morrowind goes it does happen. At one point I figured I just let everything get too dirty so I opened it up (warranty's over anyway) used canned air to clean out the box (it was dusty inside) and used a disk cleaner on the drive and I still get it.

Anyway, he should have searched the posts and realized this was a problem with the game, and even though my posts are still pretty low, hopefully I've been around enough for you to realize this is not a ps2/GC fanboy post.

*edit - I just re-read his post and the whole xbox thing does sound awfully fanboyish so maybe I shouldn't have been so quick to defend him.
BTW, the only other time I've had a problem at all was when I was saving a game on max payne and it froze up on me a couple weeks after it was released however long ago that was.

And yes, Chronik I do regret not buying the extended, but I don't think that has anything to do with Morrowind problems.

Chr0nik
07-30-2002, 08:25 AM
Originally posted by DukeBuckhorn

And yes, Chronik I do regret not buying the extended, but I don't think that has anything to do with Morrowind problems.

The problem seems to be more with the laser in the Xbox itself, not morrowind, at least with an extended warranty he could get it exchanged and definately rule out it being his xbox.

No Fear 23
07-30-2002, 09:47 AM
thank god my xbox didnt break. the only thing that broke was tha *** xbox controller. it was that left joystick that something was jamed in there. when i play pgr, i cant drive my car striaght. it is like sthat somethign was jammed inside which was casuing my car to go in circles. i took it apart, couldnt find the problem, so i got ****ed and slamed my controller on the floor and shattered it to peices. so i went to eb the next day and bought a brand new xbox controller, aint no big deal, problem solved.

DenniZz81
07-30-2002, 10:38 AM
I have a problem with rallisport.. have to push the cd in and out a few times for it to work... no other probs with any other game so far.

whoadae
07-30-2002, 11:13 AM
Mine broke and they fixed it for free. It was 6 months after I got it. I sent it in and got it back. It was a 5 day turn around!! Free.

Slacker
07-30-2002, 12:04 PM
I decided not to Buy Morrowind due to all the Problems it seems that ALOT of Xbox problems seem to be around Morrowind , anyway I really wanted the game , but I won't be buying it , even though I have a Warranty , It's just not worth it , Now if the same problems happen with games like Splinter Cell,Brute Force,Asylum,Silent Hill 3 ,,ect,,,,,,,, then I will have to rethink my xbox Purchase , (I hate to even have to think about that I love my Xbox)

Highlite23
07-30-2002, 12:48 PM
Originally posted by Slacker
I decided not to Buy Morrowind due to all the Problems it seems that ALOT of Xbox problems seem to be around Morrowind , anyway I really wanted the game , but I won't be buying it , even though I have a Warranty , It's just not worth it , Now if the same problems happen with games like Splinter Cell,Brute Force,Asylum,Silent Hill 3 ,,ect,,,,,,,, then I will have to rethink my xbox Purchase , (I hate to even have to think about that I love my Xbox)

Let's balance the thread a little, I own...

Halo-PGR-NFL 2K2-SSX-DOA3-Munch-NBA 2K2-THPS3-JSRF-Rallisport-Spiderman-FIFA-Hunter-Outlaw Golf-Morrowind-Splashdown.

Have had my system since launch, clean it periodically, clean my discs periodically and have had NO PROBLEMS WHAT SO EVER!!
And i'm sure i'm not alone.

If your having problems i'm sorry, but to condem the XBOX on "Maybe" having a problem, and you have a Warranty, thats just silly. Relax, and go play your games.;)

lllSmokelll
07-30-2002, 11:20 PM
when my xbox broke i had to pay $140 to fix it :) :)