PDA

View Full Version : Spell: Ninth Barrier !!

Shadow20002
07-29-2002, 04:23 PM
Do anyone know where to get this spell ? I want to make this one with constant effect in my exquisite pants.

Dulacc
07-29-2002, 04:36 PM
All the barrier spells(first, second, etc.) are are variations in magnitude of the shield effect. Once you get one of them, you can enchant items with the shield effect at whatever magnitude you want, with the only limit being the amount of enchantment the item can hold. However, you will find that you cannot get much in the way of magnitude on a constant effect shield item. For exquisite pants(60 enchantment points), you can only get a constant effect of a 6pt shield. Doh!:(

JGennaro
07-29-2002, 10:04 PM
Hahahahaha you want a ninth barrier protection on your "exquisite pants..."...think of how that sounds.. that would make it kinda hard for the females to get at your bits and pieces don't ya think ? :D

daedric warrior
07-29-2002, 11:05 PM
hey bro i put a grand soul gem with a golden saint in it and enchanted an exquisite amulet to get a 60 point barrier shield. thats about the best it think i could do. unless you get the azura star with vivec soul in it

Dulacc
07-30-2002, 12:14 AM
Originally posted by daedric warrior
hey bro i put a grand soul gem with a golden saint in it and enchanted an exquisite amulet to get a 60 point barrier shield. thats about the best it think i could do. unless you get the azura star with vivec soul in it

You would still be limited by the item you were enchanting. The soul only effects how many charges the item has.(Vivec's soul, by the way, gives you 1000 charges)

That 60 point barrier is impossible on a constant effect enchantment, by the way. It would require an item with 600 enchantment points available to it(the highest in the game is 225).

I like a constant effect Sanctuary better than shield. You can't get hurt if they can't hit you. Example: For an exquisite amulet(120 enchantment points), using a golden saint soul:

Shield: 12pts (Constant effect)
Sanctuary: 24% less hits (Constant effect)

You decide.

Shadow20002
07-30-2002, 12:30 PM
If Sanctuary is better then a shield spell, so where i can get this spell ?

Dulacc
07-30-2002, 01:14 PM
It's a pretty common effect.

This is just one example:

Arielle Phiencel in Wolverine Hall(Sadrith Mora) has a spell called Shadow Weave which gives both a Sanctuary Effect and a Chameleon effect.

Actually, I first saw how good it is(the Sanctuary effect) due to the fact that you get it as a special ability for being a Dark Elf. The Ancestor Guardian ability gives you Sanctuary 50% for 30 seconds, which I found useful early on.

Lots of mages have some form of Sanctuary spell. You just have to hightlight the spell name and hit the Y button to see what effects and magnitude that spell has.

:D