Xbox Owner
07-29-2002, 05:37 PM
WWE Raw 2 Confirmation List

WWE RAW 2
Release: March 2003
Publishers: THQ
Developer: Anchor
Number of Players: 1-4

Roster: ( All Wrestlers May Not Be In the Game, This Is Just A List That May Be Included )

Albert
Batista
Big Show
Big Valbowski
Billy Gunn
Billy Kidman
Booker T
Bradshaw
Brock Lesner
Bubba Ray Dudley
Chavo Guerrero
Chris Benoit
Chris Jericho
Christian
Christopher Nowhinski
Chuck Palumbo
D'Lo Brown
Eddie Guerrero
Edge
Eric Bishof
Faarooq
Hardcore Holly
Hollywood Hulk Hogan
Hurricane
Jeff Hardy
John Cena
Kane
Kevin Nash
Kurt Angle
Lane Storm
Lita
Mark Henry
Matt Hardy
Maven
Nidia
Paul Heyman
Randy Orton
Raven
Reverand D-Von
Rey Mysterio
Ric Flair
Rico
Rikishi
Rock
Rob Van Dam
Rhyno
Shane McMahon
Shawn Michaels
Shawn Staciack
Spike Dudley
Stacy Keibler
Stephanie McMahon
Test
Tajiri
Tommy Dreamer
Triple H
Trish Stratus
Undertaker
Vince McMahon
William Regal
X-Pac
More To Be Confirmed.......

Matches:

Singles
Tag
Tornado
Triple Threat
Fatal Four-Way
Handicap (2 on 1 and 3 on 1)
Battle Royal
King of the Ring
TLC
Hell in a Cell ( Full-Sized)
Cage
Table
Ladder
Royal Rumble
Hardcore
Last Man Standing
2 out of 3 Falls
Iron Man
Special Guest Referee
Multiplayer Season Mode

Features:

New Buttons/Controls/Camera Angles

The gameplay and control scheme have been tweaked.

Authentic Entrances

The way the wrestlers walk will also be corrected and fixed.

The New Arenas

Confirmed Sets: RAW, SmackDown, Royal Rumble, WrestleMania X8, King of the Ring, SummerSlam, Survivor Series

Referee

Options

Create-a-SuperStar

Create-An-Arena

Use songs from Xbox hard drive for entrance themes

Misc. Features

Up to 4 players can compete in a multiplayer season mode

There are backstage areas

Multiple Costumes

Everything will be "WWE"

www.wweraw2.com

I can't wait for this game! I am going to rent it of course first, but I hope they fix the stuff..and this game will be really good!!

wweomaniac
07-29-2002, 05:41 PM
This is a wicked thread! Nice!! I can't wait... after the somewhat disappointing Raw 1.

Piccolo_DBz
07-29-2002, 05:45 PM
It's lookin VERY sweet. to bad no online play

Snapple
07-29-2002, 05:46 PM
i dont really like wrestling but that game sounds the best but you have to know this theres going to be an even better wwe game out there in like 3 months:rolleyes:

Snoopy7548
07-29-2002, 06:01 PM
it sounds like its gonna be an awesome game. but ill rent it first. they like promised most of that stuff for the first raw game, but it was never on it. so, its gonna be a definite rental, and maybe ill buy it if its really good. i hope i can trade in my RAW for RAW 2. lol

cityson
07-29-2002, 07:00 PM
Tha's alot of wrestlers.....Anyways, I hate WWF games. They suck. Whenever you buy the first ver., the second ver. will be out.....Then after the second ver., the third ver. will be out.....Then after the third ver., the fourth ver. will be out....Just like Final Fantasies....

ima_cheetah
07-29-2002, 07:39 PM
Rent? wats that? i put my full faith in this title and plan to buy, BUY it the day it comes out. athough the first was a tad dissapointing i still loved it. someone broke it :( ne one donate a copy :) ne how i cannot wait until this comes out.

SlightlySycho
07-29-2002, 08:58 PM
Originally posted by cityson
Tha's alot of wrestlers.....Anyways, I hate WWF games. They suck. Whenever you buy the first ver., the second ver. will be out.....Then after the second ver., the third ver. will be out.....Then after the third ver., the fourth ver. will be out....Just like Final Fantasies.... First of all, it's no different than your standard sports title. Every year they release a new Madden that has a few updates from last year. Bottom Line: you don't have to buy every wrestling sequel (every other one will do). Second, Final Fantasies are legitimate sequels. New story, new engine . . . new pretty much everything.

Now, as for myself, I too will probably rent this before I consider buying it. I was seriously burned by the unbelievable, infinitesimile horrendousness of the first game. Yes, I know that the first outing of a wrestling game is supposed to be an engine test, and that it wasn't supposed to be fully decked out. BUT GOOD LORD, MAN!!! There was nothing about that game that I could deem nothing about that game as salvageable. I want to believe that WWF (yeah, I'm not gonna say WWE; whatever court sided with the World Wildlife Fund was out of it's f**king mind) RAW 2 is going to be the best wrestling game ever. But fool me twice . . .

Anyways, my analysis of the features list . . .

Roster: ( All Wrestlers May Not Be In the Game, This Is Just A List That May Be Included )
Wow, that's up-to-date. Rey Mysterio just made his debut last week. Nice. I see that Stone Cold has been left out. Surprising to see that he's been banished from the game as well. Oh well.

Matches:

Singles
Tag
Tornado
Triple Threat
Fatal Four-Way
Handicap (2 on 1 and 3 on 1)
Battle Royal
King of the Ring
TLC
Hell in a Cell (Full-Sized)
Cage
Table
Ladder
Royal Rumble
Hardcore
Last Man Standing
2 out of 3 Falls
Iron Man
Special Guest Referee
Multiplayer Season ModeVery nice. I find myself perplexed at the lack of an I Quit match (why didn't those every catch on?), but that's forgiveable. TLC (tell me something, if a Ladder match is no DQ, then technically aren't Tables and Chairs legal in every Ladder match?), Hell in a Cell (I don't quite understand the "full-sized" part, but what the Hell), and Last Man Standing are all good for the "ultra violence.":D Royal Rumbles were sorely missed in the last installment. But I don't like Handcap Matches. They just seem to be included to make the one player mode insanely difficult? Does anybody play this match with their friends?:confused:
Still. Good assortment of matches.

Features:

New Buttons/Controls/Camera Angles

The gameplay and control scheme have been tweakedHere's hopin'.:mad:

Referee You know, when I think how long Earl Hebner has been refereeing, I think it's about damned time he got included in a game.;)

OptionsThis is a feature?:confused:

Everything will be "WWE"I f**king hate Pandas.:mad:

Online play isn't necessary. However, I what I would like to see is the ability to download "extras." New costumes and, specifically, new music. Wouldn't it be cool if you could download the themes of yesteryear? The music of the Ultimate Warrior, Jake the Snake, Million Dollar Man, Bret Hart?

I notice a lack of commentators, too. But it my opinion that's for the better. If you actually listen to the announcers, most of the time they're not talking about the action in the ring, but rather what's been going on behind the scenes.

lllSmokelll
07-29-2002, 10:20 PM
where in the blue hell is Terri....they didnt put her in Raw1 and why dont they put her in games....i want terri!!!!
and why is it still hollywood hulk hogan....isnt he red and yellow.....The Hulkster???

Chr0nik
07-30-2002, 05:22 AM
I would be very sceptical about this title. It seems to be getting the hype the first release got, and we were so let down. This will definately be a "try before you buy".

SlightlySycho
07-30-2002, 04:49 PM
Originally posted by goldberg
where in the blue hell is Terri....they didnt put her in Raw1 and why dont they put her in games....i want terri!!!!
and why is it still hollywood hulk hogan....isnt he red and yellow.....The Hulkster??? Well, Terri's just an interviewer. They didn't have Michael Cole last year either. They may have them this year as secret characters. But if not, it isn't that big a loss, is it? I mean, Terri . . . she's kind of puny.

Hogan went back to yellow and red, but kept the Hollywood moniker and music. That was WCW's mistake; they tried to bring Hogan back as the old Hulkster. It made me just want to grab one of them and shake them and scream, "You idiots! You made him the greatest heel in f**king history! You can't turn him back like this and expect it to float!" The way the WWF turned him back was much neater (as in "neat-and-tidy"). It was more due to the fact that fans accepted him en masse.

By the way, is anybody else having trouble logging into the forums at the RAW 2 site? I registered, but they're not letting me log in.:(

Spirit In Black
07-31-2002, 01:02 AM
I'll rent it first, I rented Raw 1 a while ago and it was ok but the lack of features killed it.

SlightlySycho
08-01-2002, 03:45 PM
From the RAW 2 site:
The crowd for WWE Raw 2 will be 3-D, unlike the first Raw with its 2-D crowd. The crowd will also be more realistic, by chanting, flashing their cameras, and having different possitions. There is also a rumor that the crowd might even tap your shoulders or reach out to you.Hella-Sweet!:D

GRAVEDIGGER
08-04-2002, 02:25 AM
Well like most peeps said, Raw 1 was very dissapointing with its sad ass gameplay and boring list of moves and matches, after all the stuff that we got promised and then about a month before its release we hear its all been scapped, hopefully this time around all that stuff is included in the game, hopefully they get rid of that foolish ass Grapple/Reversal system, No mercy is a better game than RAW 1(gameplay wise/grapple and reversals) i hope they take a few notes from that old-school grappler. And as Piccolo said, too bad there is no Online play. I hope THQ doesnt find away to screw this one up all over agian.

Untill next time...:mad:

JADE8704
08-04-2002, 11:10 AM
first of all...i visited the site that you gave a link to...which was www.wweraw2.com

anyway, i looked at their modes compared to what xboxowner had down...it didn't even have HALF of what your wrote down...no royal rumble, no last man standing, no guest ref, etc....and also the roster in that site has even LESS chars to choose from....i don't know where you got your info, but you really got my hopes up...and now, i dont know what to think :(

El Gaucho Goof
08-04-2002, 07:46 PM
Very nice. I find myself perplexed at the lack of an I Quit match (why didn't those every catch on?), but that's forgiveable. TLC (tell me something, if a Ladder match is no DQ, then technically aren't Tables and Chairs legal in every Ladder match?), Hell in a Cell (I don't quite understand the "full-sized" part, but what the Hell), and Last Man Standing are all good for the "ultra violence." Royal Rumbles were sorely missed in the last installment. But I don't like Handcap Matches. They just seem to be included to make the one player mode insanely difficult? Does anybody play this match with their friends?
Still. Good assortment of matches.

The WWF or WWE has a special way of thinking when it comes to matches.

Technically a normal ladder match could have Tables and chairs but the creative folks at the WWE found a way to market it to be it's own match. It makes about as much sense as the "hardcore" ladder match they had at SummerSlam last year. I mean if a match has no rules to begin with what exactly does a hardcore match do to it?

A full size HIAc makes a bit more sense if you play wrestling games than what you see on TV. It's rather simple SmackDown 2 and SmackDown 3 had HIAc matches but the ring was covered by the cell on all 4 sides which isn't accurate. Now compare it to the HIAc match in WM x8 which had a huge cell which was lined on the outside of the ring with room in between it and the ring. That is a full size cell.

You only play handicap matches with your friends if you are extremely talented and need something to boast about. I used to do that a lot. Nothing better than winning a 2 on 1 match and rubbing it in their face.

BORNGD
08-05-2002, 01:50 AM
i'm gonna miss stone cold...damn!