PDA

View Full Version : Xbox is Underrated



CRAIG123
07-29-2002, 07:06 PM
Who thinks Xbox is underated? I do, it ****es me off to see The ps2 getting alot more sales than the Xbox when The Xbox is The better system overall.

Snapple
07-29-2002, 07:15 PM
i agree with you xbox has the best graphics and games out there and people dont take time to give it a chance:mad:

one of my friends was a ps2 fanboy and when i invited him over to my house to play my xbox he loved the xbox and hated the ps2:D



btw:you forgot hell yea cause thats what i would put:D

wweomaniac
07-29-2002, 07:28 PM
in terms of hardware... it's very underrated. But in terms of games... not a big selection of good exclusives. the upcoming ones appear to be good. But right now... Dead to Rights doesn't seem to be fairing so well in terms of reviews... i might scratch it off my sig list ;)

XboxFan7
07-29-2002, 08:12 PM
CRAIG123
Who thinks Xbox is underated? I do, it ****es me off to see The ps2 getting alot more sales than the Xbox when The Xbox is The better system overall.

i agree with you man :)

l Maximus l
07-29-2002, 08:17 PM
If the average person knew about the specs of the XBox, I don't think a person would purchase a Lamecube or a PoS2.

So, yes, the XBox is very underrated...just wait until XBox Live...that will put the XBox into hyperdrive! :D

Keltiks
07-29-2002, 08:24 PM
If Xbox had better games, more people would know about the system. Hopefully better games will come.

Snoopy7548
07-29-2002, 08:24 PM
warp speed! lol. its so funny when the comic book guy says that in the simpsons road rage:) :D

Genesis
07-29-2002, 08:32 PM
XBOX's small selection of games is killing it at the moment, you can have the highest specs but without games it means nothing. Besides, people are blinded by the almighty SONY to even care about the box. (Yeah, i'm not happy about it either).

l Maximus l
07-29-2002, 08:35 PM
I don't know, dudes...the XBox has over 70 games available at the moment. Not too shabby for 9 months on the market.

By this Christmas, we will have over 125 games available.

wweomaniac
07-29-2002, 11:11 PM
Originally posted by Maximus-XBA
I don't know, dudes...the XBox has over 70 games available at the moment. Not too shabby for 9 months on the market.

By this Christmas, we will have over 125 games available.
Maximus, what do you consider are the great XBox exclusive titles right now?

Right now, I would only say Halo and DOA3 are the only two that other consoles can't even touch. Who cares about PGR when someone can get GT3? the only other good exclusive would probably be Rallisport. it's an amazing game, but there really isn't a big market for Rally racing games. why get WWF Raw when one can get Smackdown?

Ps2 has games like GTA3, Gran Turismo, Devil May Cry, MGS2, Twisted Metal, Final Fantasy, ICO. All those games are recognized by gamers from all parts of the gaming spectrum.

I don't have a PS2 and don't ever want one... but the reason why XBox is underrated is because it doesn't have the games YET. Quite frankly... it could use some more future games too. the only games I find interesting in the future (and there are a few :)) are the ones listed in my sig. That list should be bigger!

Think about it guys... think about what I just said before you reply with something stupid.

Highlite23
07-30-2002, 12:29 AM
Most defenettly......But i think come September/October we will see a big shift in that area.:D

l Maximus l
07-30-2002, 12:54 AM
Originally posted by wweomaniac

Maximus, what do you consider are the great XBox exclusive titles right now?

Right now, I would only say Halo and DOA3 are the only two that other consoles can't even touch. Who cares about PGR when someone can get GT3? the only other good exclusive would probably be Rallisport. it's an amazing game, but there really isn't a big market for Rally racing games. why get WWF Raw when one can get Smackdown?

Ps2 has games like GTA3, Gran Turismo, Devil May Cry, MGS2, Twisted Metal, Final Fantasy, ICO. All those games are recognized by gamers from all parts of the gaming spectrum.

I don't have a PS2 and don't ever want one... but the reason why XBox is underrated is because it doesn't have the games YET. Quite frankly... it could use some more future games too. the only games I find interesting in the future (and there are a few :)) are the ones listed in my sig. That list should be bigger!

Think about it guys... think about what I just said before you reply with something stupid.

You make some good points....but, even after 9 months, the XBox has just barely scratched the surface. Obviously, they landed a huge hit: Halo...no game can top that right now. DOA3...it's a good game, but, there is certainly a lot of competition for that.

Personally, other XBox exclusives I would consider great games are Hunter: The Reckoning and Outlaw Golf...also, you mentioned Rallisport Challenge, a true diamond in the ruff. Personally, I am a HUGE fan of Amped...best snowboarding game I've ever played.

But, the future must have exclusives are going to be HUGE for the box! Unreal Championship, Brute Force, Splinter Cell, Strident, Steel Batalion...just to name a few. When XBox Live hits the market, I predict a huge plunge in sales for the PoS2 and the Lamecube. It should be interesting :)

E Nomini Patri
07-30-2002, 01:04 AM
Originally posted by Maximus-XBA

I predict a huge plunge in sales for the PoS2 and the Lamecube.

I don't doubt that a bit! ;)

Tinny
07-30-2002, 09:14 AM
Some people I know hate Halo: Combat Evolve. They think that it's a crap FPS because it doesn't have mindless action and bots. They prefer Perfect Dark over Halo. They think Halo is over-rated.

Yeah. Denial. Sad thing I know. Ofcourse I tried to "defend" Halo (the game doesn't need any defending, it can speak for itself) but then I just shut the hell up and smiled. Why? XBL, Halo 2, Project Ego, MGS2: Substance, Unreal Championships and X-Box Communicator. I also know I will be laughing my guts out by the end of 2003 when they beg me to play XBL with them when they grab the X-Box. ;)

Yes the X-Box is under rated and yes, it is really sad that a console like PS2 is on top when two more powerful consoles are battling it out for second place. But, I know history will repeat itself and the X-Box will be the dominant console by the end of 2003. Just give it time. And when X-Box 2 or PS3 comes out, I will gladly hop to the more powerful system (which is likely going to be the Box).

CRAIG123
07-30-2002, 10:19 AM
Originally posted by Tinny
Some people I know hate Halo: Combat Evolve. They think that it's a crap FPS because it doesn't have mindless action and bots. They prefer Perfect Dark over Halo. They think Halo is over-rated.

Yeah. Denial. Sad thing I know. Ofcourse I tried to "defend" Halo (the game doesn't need any defending, it can speak for itself) but then I just shut the hell up and smiled. Why? XBL, Halo 2, Project Ego, MGS2: Substance, Unreal Championships and X-Box Communicator. I also know I will be laughing my guts out by the end of 2003 when they beg me to play XBL with them when they grab the X-Box. ;)

Yes the X-Box is under rated and yes, it is really sad that a console like PS2 is on top when two more powerful consoles are battling it out for second place. But, I know history will repeat itself and the X-Box will be the dominant console by the end of 2003. Just give it time. And when X-Box 2 or PS3 comes out, I will gladly hop to the more powerful system (which is likely going to be the Box).

Well said:D

Marc
07-30-2002, 10:32 AM
I think that there are a lot of industry people who wouldn't mind seeing the xbox fail. A lot of magazine people and some develpers. I'm thinking EGM and EA mostly, but there are more I'm sure. They complained about the PS2's shortcomings when it was released, but now they say nothing about the subject, like it's perfect or something. Lots of pro ps2 bias out there.

No Fear 23
07-30-2002, 10:33 AM
dont forget that pos2 had a year start ahead of xbox. but i think it will prolly reach almost 10 million mark by 2003 when the best games and xbox live comes out. with xbox live, ppl would want to buy an xbox becasue of that even all those pos2 fans.

wweomaniac
07-30-2002, 05:30 PM
Originally posted by irule23
dont forget that pos2 had a year start ahead of xbox. but i think it will prolly reach almost 10 million mark by 2003 when the best games and xbox live comes out. with xbox live, ppl would want to buy an xbox becasue of that even all those pos2 fans. I would probably think 10 M when the end of Q1 2003 comes around. Thats my guess... seeing as XMas and a few months have gone by. A lot more wicked exclusives.


Originally posted by Maximus-XBA
Personally, other XBox exclusives I would consider great games are Hunter: The Reckoning and Outlaw Golf...also, you mentioned Rallisport Challenge, a true diamond in the ruff. Personally, I am a HUGE fan of Amped...best snowboarding game I've ever played.
Sure, those are all great games for most Xbox users, but they just don't satisfy other gamers enough to want to buy an XBox. BTW SSX Tricky 4 life:cool: !!!!!!!!!!