PDA

View Full Version : Wondering where the commercials are? Here's my take on the subject...

Maxthndr
10-30-2001, 02:23 PM
Right, now, the biggest question on everyone's mind is "where are the commercials?" There's only 16 days until November 15th, and no one has seen a single commercial (Real commercial, not like, "This is Xbox, you can win it. Just eat some of our food!"). Where are the commercials? Well, lets take it step by step. Microsoft is a big company. Xbox is a great system. If a big company puts $500 million on a great system's advertising budget, you could expect to see commercials soon. But where? Well, let's see. WWF is a big company, not as big as Microsoft, but big. The Xbox has a fanbase of about 16 yrs.-30 yrs. WWF has a fanbase of about 16 yrs.-30 yrs. So, it is quite funny how all of a sudden, Xbox is sponsering WWF's next pay-per-view, Survivor Series. There were rumors that Nov. 1st would be the day that advertising starts. Wait a second! Nov. 1st is this Thursday! Wait, how could WWF fit into all of this? Isn't that umm, SmackDown show on Thursdays? Why, I believe it is! Perhaps, Microsoft will start advertising on Thursday! But wait a sec! After this Survivor craze, nobody wants to watch SmackDown! So, Microsoft will probably put their money on Survivor. But wait, what if someone hates both Survivor and SmackDown, or has a problem with shows starting with S? Well, they'll probably turn to Friends. Hmmm, just another show to add to Microsoft's Checklist. With their money on all 3 shows, Microsoft is sure to rake in lots of fans. Now, what could this all mean? It means everyone should be checking out Thursday TV if youre looking for commercials. My bet is on SmackDown!

BTW: If you don't think those commercials will be good, I guess Microsoft will have commercials during the Superbowl or the World Series (Which is ALSO on Thursday!).

l Maximus l
10-30-2001, 02:44 PM
Things that make you go *hmmmmm....* I think you may have something here....:p

-Maximus (the bro - hehe)