PDA

View Full Version : Halo: The Maw, Best Time??

Alec
07-29-2002, 07:18 PM
Alright heres the rules, Start the level The Maw on eazy. Then get to the end of the level where you have to escaped with the warthog, I want to see who can get the best escape time. And no you do not have to stop and wait for Foehammer just drive right past.

Since I dont have anyway to take sreenshots, You will just have to trust my word. No need for screenshots I will trust you.

Who Can Get The Best Time?

Snapple
07-29-2002, 09:18 PM
5:00:D
you trust me dont you,lol,j/k

i usally get between 3:50 and 2:00 but i dont really remmember ill play it tonight and give you what i got:D

Spike Minoda
07-30-2002, 12:52 AM
ok i am glad i have a save point at the "NEgative negative we havea wildcat destbilization of the cores" or whatever.

Spike Minoda
07-30-2002, 12:58 AM
2:01:?? Default
2:13:?? Legacy 3:00 is freaking impossible but oh well uh

OppiumNitrates
07-30-2002, 08:58 AM
i had about 7 seconds left . . . but this is after i stopped and killed both banchees . . . no body kills FoeHammer and gets away with it . . . and it was Lengendary i dont play anything but. . . . Good Luck trying to beat that 1

Chr0nik
07-30-2002, 09:55 AM
Unfortunately with my driving skills my time is very very sad. I spend more time crashing into pillars then moving forward.

Reclaimer
07-30-2002, 07:43 PM
Tonights my night off duty.....
I will take the challenge and post time.
Just to let you know, I have mad driving skills with the wart hog.
The "Pillars of Slalom" part is pretty easy for me.

Did you guys know that you can "fly" the wart hog? When you fly off the edge for the mega jump during the escape, you can pull back on the stick, like an airplane and keep the front wheels up making an easier landing. Make sure in the controller options you have "vehicle inverted controls" set to on. Were the control of all vehicles are inverted like an airplane. Makes flying the banshee and ghost easier.

I tried this on other maps but it only seems to really work on the mega-drop during the Maw. But the maw is the only level where you can jump that far and still survive. (as long as you stay in the truck during the fall) You have to balance though because if you pull back too far you'll flip backwards as you fall.

Let's Roll