PDA

View Full Version : Xbox Live Pre-Order at Eb

Bakeman
07-30-2002, 02:14 AM
Well guys.. I remember sometime ago someone posted that EBgames had the Communicator for Pre-Order but now it mentions the 1 year subscription

Receive a 1-year subscription to Xbox Live, an Xbox Communicator that plugs into the Xbox controller and facilitates all voice communication with other players. Xbox Live will enable gamers to play online; find friends easily; talk to other players during game play through the Xbox Communicator headset; and download current statistics, new levels and characters to their Xbox hard drive.

EB Games (http://www.ebgames.com/ebx/categories/products/product.asp?pf_id=223878)

So there is the link... I sure hope I can pre-order this soon.. at this moment I don't have the cash and it is DRIVING ME NUTZ!! LOL and I've only known about this for about 5 minutes lol

sinizuh
07-30-2002, 03:37 AM
i don't trust EB.

Duke
07-30-2002, 07:15 AM
The Nov. date doesn't seem that unlikely. Although I know most of us expected it in Sept/Oct, November is still offficially fall, and that's really all they promised us.

If I have to wait that long I will be somewhat less than happy, but they didn't really ask me my opinon on the matter.

Bakeman
07-30-2002, 05:56 PM
Update: the Xbox Live Beta registration is now closed. Beta candidates will be contacted between August and October.

That is at the bottom of this page onxbox.com (http://www.xbox.com/LIVE/xboxlive-intro.htm)

So according to that I'd be surprised to have it in November actually. I don't care when it comes out. As long as it's not 2 years down the road. If it comes out in December because they had to take care of a few bugs. Then that is perfectly okay with me. Rather have less bugs then have it now :)

Crazy Joe
07-31-2002, 03:49 AM
Update: the Xbox Live Beta registration is now closed.
Beta candidates will be contacted between August and October

ummm... ok, so the Beta starts in like October-November, man, we are gonna have to wait until like the new year or something, that sucks.

cityson
07-31-2002, 06:16 AM
Who cares about EB....I signed up teh Xbox Live! Beta test three months ago and I just got an e-mail today from Microsoft sayin' "Thanks for signing up"......So yea, who cares about EB?

Bakeman
07-31-2002, 06:38 AM
to much negativity

should be glad to hear that the beta should be starting up soon which means we are closer to the launch of Xbox Live.

I just got an e-mail from Xbox Live Beat Selection Team, and took some survey. Hopefully I'll be picked *crosses fingers*

Bakeman
07-31-2002, 06:40 AM
oh yeah,

from now on if you don't have something positive to say, please don't reply..

I posted this for the people excited about Xbox Live and want to get their Starter Kits ordered so they don't have to worry about it later.

I sure in the hell wish I could pre-order it..
People seem to think there are gonna be limitless amounts of the Starter Kit with 1 year subscription.. I for one fear they will be a limited selection and hope to be able to get it as soon as possible

peejay2288
08-06-2002, 10:36 PM
I have been reading all types of reviews and have been hearing all different types of things. Can somebody please lay it down flat all the costs to use the Xbox Live and how exactly their server will work.

Right now I have road runner, gamespy, and halo so i don't need anything else to play online.

Now with Xbox Live I see something about a 1 year subscription. Is that required for everybody, or only for people who don't pay for broadband every month? And also do you need something like xbconnect or gamespy? Or can is there some "official" server made exclusively by MS?

I AM SO CONFUSED!!!!!!:eek:

Nat
08-06-2002, 11:18 PM
Hey, does anyone know how much the Xbox Live Starter Kit is gonna cost in Canada? I can only find the price in American dollars, but I think everyone knows how much the Canadian price on video games and accessories vary in Canada. Any help would be appreciated, eh!

Bakeman
08-06-2002, 11:22 PM
details are all over the place in forums with people talking about it... But here is some info off the top of my head.

To be able to play Xbox Live all you need is
Xbox
Xbox Live subscription
Broadband (Cable/dsl/t1)

Xbox Live has a start kit which cost $50
That gives you 1 year subscription to Xbox live and the Xbox Communicator. After that 1 year, you pay $10 a month.

If you want you can just continue playing System Link games via gamespy/xboxconnect. Or join Xbox live. It's up to you.

noodleboy
08-07-2002, 07:36 AM
if you received your second email from xbox.com, I would suggest NOT pre-ordering the headset and subscription until the beta testing is all figured out. That would suck to pre-order it from EB and then have to buy it directly from M$ before it came out to the general public.

Bakeman
08-07-2002, 04:13 PM
lol yeah it would