PDA

View Full Version : have you had problems with your xbox?

DenniZz81
07-30-2002, 12:02 PM
ive had some minor issues...
gets the dirty disc one rallisport ocassionally
and hunter locked up ONCE.

and i dont really know... is the into sequence in oddworld supposed to be that choppy?

thats all...
overall im pretty happy with my xbox.

Halo is still really great, i will probably never get bored with multiplayer.

Doa3 is a really underestimated game
i hated it at first, then i picked it up.... jan lee is now my favourite character and once you get to learn the "idea" with the game. Counter attacks and some nice kicks and throws in close combat. You really get into the game.
Rallisport is really cool
Oddworld is okay
Hunter is pretty fun to i have almost completed it on nightmare.

Highlite23
07-30-2002, 12:50 PM
None what so ever. Had it since launch and have 16 games.;)

XboxFan7
07-30-2002, 01:16 PM
i also havent had problems with it since launch

lllSmokelll
07-30-2002, 02:25 PM
it broke once....and i got it fixed and it freezes whenever i play nba live francise...it freezes when i try to go to the off season.

Keltiks
07-30-2002, 02:38 PM
Morrowind has frozen a few times and given me a dirty disc error. I have not had problems with any other games.

Besides even though technology has improved, I think people are too critical. The 8-bit Nintendo hardly ever loaded a game on its first try. So I am happy.

cityson
07-30-2002, 02:43 PM
Never had a problem with my XBox, cuz I took good care of it....Aren't like you Keltiks.....Also, Morrowind's problem is not your disc's fault, it's teh game developer's fault. Morrowind's problem is just a bug. Like Halo, when you play online system links, dirty disc message sometimes show up.

Shorezy
07-30-2002, 05:06 PM
That damn Dirty Disc error, its Sooo annoying. Especially when i've JUST launched tunnel on Gamespy, and i'm about to play some foe. Bit of a pain in the a$$.:mad:

cityson
07-30-2002, 05:08 PM
Exactly Halo_11.....I always get that message when using GameSpy, but never in XBconnect! :cool: Use XBconnect, it's awesome.

Snoopy7548
07-30-2002, 05:08 PM
ive gotten the dirty disc error for a few of my games. and my pgr always freezes in this one spot on time attack mode.:mad:

cityson
07-30-2002, 05:11 PM
I know, stop spitting on your discs Snoopy.

Snapple
07-30-2002, 05:30 PM
i only had 3 errors

broken disc and 2 times frosen

i dont know why xbox does that but with errors and all its the best system yet:)

kornavs19
07-30-2002, 05:58 PM
i only had a few errors... Other then that... I havnt had a problem...:)

PROUDXBOXOWNER
07-30-2002, 06:57 PM
no problems whatsoever.i watch dvd's on it i have 10 games and i have it from 6 feb 2k2 so i guess if u take good care of ur xbox it would take good care of u.

BORNGD
07-30-2002, 07:37 PM
i keep getting "Dirty disc or not an xbox disc" every so often...no big deal though

Expedite_Wrap
07-31-2002, 06:47 PM
hmmm where to begin...., well it was the day after christmas and was comming home from my step brother's house with a new x-box, man was I happy, any way i was setting it up and my controller was sitting on my bed..well it slipped off my bed and fell 2 ft to the ground, at first i thought well 2 ft isnt far so its propably ok, but it wasnt the rumble thing was broken(just from falling 2 ft onto carpet), next a few months later my x-box stopped turning on for some reason, it just wouldnt start(weird), it had something to do with my power cord, it works only after i give it some loving, now it scratches my music cd's and freeses on me when i play games for awhile(like 2-3 hours). But im happy i still bought it, because my cousins own a ps2 and there's doesnt even play games at all....

P.S. If your thinking im not a careful person your wrong...I take the best care of my xbox

No Fear 23
07-31-2002, 09:20 PM
i have no problems so far.:p

mrmp3
07-31-2002, 09:29 PM
I started getting them recently. Today I got my first OXM and it had a lot of trouble loading. Hunter also kept freezing at the same point for some reason. Other than that, no problems. Signing off...

Xbox Owner
07-31-2002, 09:32 PM
Dirty Disk Error on Halo Today About One Hour Ago.:(

JunkyJu
08-01-2002, 07:24 AM
I never thought a console would have problems after 2 months.
Morrowind locks up, which was nothing new for that game, then a week later Halo started locking up, skipping framerate.
I have seen the black "Call customer support.." screen, while the CD light flashes red, which they say is an internal problem that I will be charged $100 after shipping the thing to MS. I blame MS, and underpowered processor, low memory, and the guy that designed the thing, who I believe quit. Heh. I still think this thing should have had a Duron 1Ghz, and at least 128 Mb RAM. Memory was so cheap, it was stupid not to. Oh well, if I remove the powercord for a few mins, and plug it back in, it seems to be fine for a few days. Awesome reliability.
:)

Derek_00
08-01-2002, 09:49 AM
I've had a **** load of problems with my xbox

- when i got my brand new xbox christmas morning and went to pluger in and get started the damn thing wouldn't work the green light on the front was red or orange im not too sure but because the stores were closed for the two days after christmas i had to wait that long to get a new xbox and when i talked to the guy in the store he said there were internal problems in every xbox in the first shipment they recieved
- my new xbox werked all right for a few months or so but it was pretty slow loading compared to my friends xbox i didn't think too much of it at first but when i started getting the bad disc error on every one of my games and they would freeze. i brought my xbox back to the store for a second time and got a new one and the new one has been working ever since without a single problem.

i've had a rough relationship with my xbox or should i say xbox's having owned three now but its all worth it the xbox is the greatest console on earth.

Tinny
08-01-2002, 09:58 AM
Well quite a few "dirt or damaged" disks - especially from the OXM demos. But they only happen like twice a week or something. A bigger problem is with my Amped. It keeps freezing and the sound tracks jutters and stuff. Ofcourse, thats my fault for purchasing a second hand game. Yeah, I am a cheap ass.

Expedite_Wrap
08-01-2002, 08:33 PM
hey derek that red/orange flashing means you box aint plugged into the tv....

oh and by the way welcome to xba junky

JunkyJu
08-01-2002, 09:59 PM
And after today I think the box is truly dead..Halo will load, then locks up after a few secs... then the black customer support in a dozen languages screen...hmm Black Screen of Death.

Looks like I'll have to heave a brick through the door of the closest CompUSA.

Gaws
08-02-2002, 04:52 PM
My morrowind freezes every 10 minutes, i get at least 5 Dirty disc errors a day, 1-800-4-MY-XBOX said it will cost $99.00 to repair. I HATE XBOX!