PDA

View Full Version : OXM 10 now i know why i own an XBOX WOW!!!!!

Chaotic
07-30-2002, 07:45 PM
Let me say go out and get OXM 10 it has some awesome xbox exclusive with video and let tell you am i excicted for whats to come to the xbox, some real unbelievable games are going to move the xbox ontop of the console wars.

Unreal looks well UNREAL :eek:

Also i thought GunMetal was a pretty cool game i just need to get used to the controls but the graphics are awesome.

Young_Fledgling
07-30-2002, 07:48 PM
ew ew... the next issue is finnaly out? the september one?

what demos are on it?

Chaotic
07-30-2002, 07:49 PM
Gunmetal
TimeSplitters 2 which is sweet!!!!
NCAA 2003
and the DOA crap again:rolleyes:

Young_Fledgling
07-30-2002, 07:51 PM
mm timesplitters and ncaa... those sound good... AND WHEN WILL THEY DITCH THE DOA3 CRAP!?!?!?

i want addons for halo or wwf raw or something...

Chaotic
07-30-2002, 07:53 PM
timesplitters is really good i love it.
Gunmetal is pretty sweet also both have awesome graphics and the gameplay is actually pretty damn good.

I already own NCAA 2003 and its a great football game :p

Young_Fledgling
07-30-2002, 07:55 PM
i have never heard of gun metal... looking forward to that :D

Chaotic
07-30-2002, 08:00 PM
Originally posted by wardpr68
i have never heard of gun metal... looking forward to that :D

It's like transformers you can be a robot and hit the Y button and trasnform into an airplane.

Chaotic
07-30-2002, 08:13 PM
24.99 for 12 issues, 1 a month.

Snapple
07-30-2002, 08:54 PM
my disc better get here tommarow cause i been waiting every since the 25

and i thought that it would have more demos on it than that cause its late:mad:

lllSmokelll
07-30-2002, 09:13 PM
:mad: :mad: fu** those little bi***** when am i gonna get mine.... :mad: :mad:

PSYCH0 GUY
07-30-2002, 10:53 PM
tha'd be really pathetic if the september issue is out and its not even august....thats quite stupid IMO

JJaX
07-31-2002, 08:01 AM
Originally posted by PSYCH0 GUY
tha'd be really pathetic if the september issue is out and its not even august....thats quite stupid IMO

Most magazines have a issue date of the month after its actual release.

I usually get mine on the 20th of every month. Its the 31st now and im pi55ed off.
Drunken postal workers are playing my timesplitters demo :(

Professor Kaos
07-31-2002, 09:47 AM
dude this ****in smokes monkey pole i been waitin since like the 25th and still didnt get here, bet we had a fire out here at quad graphics (the same place that prints playboy) mayb thats y we r gettin them so late but idk im just ****ed cuz i wanna play or watch the stuff on sega gt 2002:mad: :mad: :mad:

Chaotic
07-31-2002, 10:01 AM
Originally posted by Playya
dude this ****in smokes monkey pole i been waitin since like the 25th and still didnt get here, bet we had a fire out here at quad graphics (the same place that prints playboy) mayb thats y we r gettin them so late but idk im just ****ed cuz i wanna play or watch the stuff on sega gt 2002:mad: :mad: :mad:

There isn't anything on sega GT 2002.

Professor Kaos
07-31-2002, 10:02 AM
damn, didnt it say there would b in the back of the mgs2 issue?

Chaotic
07-31-2002, 10:09 AM
I'm not sure man i dont remember seeing that, but anyways ENCLAVE is out im off to the store to buy it and a Controller S !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :eek: :p

Professor Kaos
07-31-2002, 10:12 AM
OMFG Enclave came out tday, damn ima have to get some money and fast, mayb go sell some hoe's or somtin. but i agree with ur choice on teh controler s

Brevity
07-31-2002, 10:15 AM
Ohhhhh yaaaaaa:D

Nerrad529
07-31-2002, 10:26 AM
Iam use to gettin my oxm around like the 22 where is it? Better come today or iam gonna be bent.

studepaber
07-31-2002, 10:27 AM
damn, didnt it say there would b in the back of the mgs2 issue?

They like toying with our emotions :( At least there's a TS2 demo, joy!

chili325
07-31-2002, 02:39 PM
Originally posted by wardpr68
mm timesplitters and ncaa... those sound good... AND WHEN WILL THEY DITCH THE DOA3 CRAP!?!?!?

i want addons for halo or wwf raw or something... Why does it bother people so much that the doa3 stuff is there? Its there for new subscribers. I dont care as long as its not taking something elses spot, which I doubt.

Batman2372
07-31-2002, 03:04 PM
Still don't have mine, either. Guess we just have to be patient

Chaotic
08-01-2002, 01:15 PM
Originally posted by XBOXMIKE
this demo ****in rules! i love gunmetal its a great game but i ccant seem to kill those bastards:mad: :rolleyes:

I couldn't kill them either :confused:

symposiumx
08-01-2002, 01:43 PM
Originally posted by chili325
Why does it bother people so much that the doa3 stuff is there? Its there for new subscribers. I dont care as long as its not taking something elses spot, which I doubt.

Because this makes it like 3 issues in a row with the same add on for DOA3. Come on already, put in some other stuff.

I don't know who said it earlier, but I agree.....OXM dragging their butts on not getting playables out BEFORE the release of a game.

one more thing...has anyone else noticed in the top 10 plays that usually most , if not all the top 10 plays aren't all that special? I mean in issue #9 there were 1 or MAYBE 2 plays that were decent, the rest were run of the mill plays, or downright boring.

JJaX
08-01-2002, 01:47 PM
WHen does this issue hit the store shelves?

I have a subscription but it looks like they forgot to mail this issue to me. (not the 1st time)

So i might as well go out and buy it :mad:

symposiumx
08-01-2002, 01:57 PM
Originally posted by JJaX

I have a subscription but it looks like they forgot to mail this issue to me. (not the 1st time)

they forgot to mail yours!!! OMG!!
How do you contact them to see if they've sent it out?

Maybe I'll call and bug them for my issue...MU HA HA HA!!

Chaotic
08-01-2002, 02:38 PM
Originally posted by symposiumx

Because this makes it like 3 issues in a row with the same add on for DOA3. Come on already, put in some other stuff.

I don't know who said it earlier, but I agree.....OXM dragging their butts on not getting playables out BEFORE the release of a game.

one more thing...has anyone else noticed in the top 10 plays that usually most , if not all the top 10 plays aren't all that special? I mean in issue #9 there were 1 or MAYBE 2 plays that were decent, the rest were run of the mill plays, or downright boring.

Like stated above they keep it on there for new subscribers so they dont miss out on the add-ons.

symposiumx
08-01-2002, 02:46 PM
Originally posted by TheMentorsXbox

Like stated above they keep it on there for new subscribers so they dont miss out on the add-ons.

well, personally, I would like to see others either
A) subscribe already
or
B) pick up back issues

this way the rest of us won't constantly be tortured (exaggerating) by having the same DOA3 add-on in all these demos.

I do feel it hurts us though. That is time and space that could be used to fit in something, ANYTHING else.

At this point, after being subjected to DOA3 add-ons too many times in a row, I'd rather have a "Bill Gates Virtual Lap Dance" Demo section!!

(excuse me while I go evacuate my lunch!!)

DrUnKtAnK
08-01-2002, 03:48 PM
Originally posted by JJaX

OXM has told me that the issues are not late unless they arrive after the 15th of the next month....(if you haven't gotten the Sep issue by Aug 15th, then it's late by OXM and they will send you a new issue....)Anyway I'm in Ohio and got mine this afternoon...

Chaotic
08-01-2002, 03:48 PM
Yea no sheet i think it's like a new add-on everytime i see it then i realize it's the same damn thing, but i understand their reasoning behind doing that. :mad:

symposiumx
08-01-2002, 03:53 PM
Originally posted by TheMentorsXbox
Yea no sheet i think it's like a new add-on everytime i see it then i realize it's the same damn thing, but i understand their reasoning behind doing that. :mad:

I understand also, but it does still bothers me neverless.

I would liek to see some other game add-on

Halo with a new level (or weapons)

or something cool like that. I think the subscription #'s would go through the roof.

Professor Kaos
08-01-2002, 03:56 PM
WWWWWWWWWWWOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO I finally got my issue today. YYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:cool:

Chaotic
08-01-2002, 04:24 PM
WWWWWWWWWWWOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO I finally got my issue today. YYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:cool:

Damn about time :eek:

Professor Kaos
08-01-2002, 04:27 PM
no ***** ive been waitin since the 25th to get it and im soo happy that i finally got it

symposiumx
08-01-2002, 04:28 PM
no ***** ive been waitin since the 25th to get it and im soo happy that i finally got it

lucky you, maybe mine will be at my house after I get off work!!
Its not like I live on the far side of the moon!

Chaotic
08-01-2002, 04:31 PM
playa what do you think of gunmetal and timesplitters? I thougth that game was cool im definatly buying timesplitters, also i thought gunmetal was pretty fun.

Did you watch the preview videos??? :eek:

Umm can you say BRUTE FORCE and UNREAL OMG :eek:

Chaotic
08-01-2002, 04:31 PM
Originally posted by AloneInTheDark
How much is a subscription to OXM?

I think its 24.95 for 12 issues.

Professor Kaos
08-01-2002, 04:33 PM
i like time splitters i just gotta get used to the mec warrior type game again, but i cant wait for unreal c or brute force

Professor Kaos
08-01-2002, 04:39 PM
idk, i wish i knew( i would wait in the xbox isle the day the came and wait till they put the games on display, i also wanna get sega gt 2002 cant wait till they all come out

Chaotic
08-01-2002, 04:41 PM
SEGA GT 2002 will be sweet i cant wait either.

You know what i was thinking last night after putting down MOTO GP? (One of the best racing games ever BTW!!!!:cool: ) is why dont they make a motorcyle game like SEGA GT where you can customize your bike and buy parts,turbos,nitrious etc... and race on regular streets??

Man would that be sweet i would be the first to buy that game.

Professor Kaos
08-01-2002, 04:42 PM
somtin along the line of a fast and the furious motorcycle style? if thats what u mean that would b totally ****in sweet

Chaotic
08-01-2002, 04:45 PM
somtin along the line of a fast and the furious motorcycle style? if thats what u mean that would b totally ****in sweet

Yes, just like a GT3 type game but with motorcyles.

I would love that.

They need to make a game with 100% freedom and allow you to do anything to your bike that is possiable in real life.

Professor Kaos
08-01-2002, 04:46 PM
right, lol

Chaotic
08-01-2002, 04:51 PM
hopefully someone.

this game will sell like hotcakes.

ok guys off to play some moto GP on my 62" HDTV :eek: :eek:

Woocifer
08-01-2002, 08:39 PM
I dunno why this thread was even started...most of the game movies on this demo disk don't even have game play in them. They are also so compressed that everything is totally fuzzy...would it kill them to get an actual transfer of video from the ACTUAL companies in order to give a good idea of what the game will look like?

The only game that impressed me was Panzer Dragoon Orta. That is it. The rest of the games look wishy washy at best OR didnt include ANY gameplay and reran footage that has been around for at least 3-6 months.

I'm kinda disappointed with what OXM is doing with these DVDs they charge us for. I would rather 10 seconds of gameplay than a minute and a half of some cinematic. If I wanted to watch that I'd rather put on Toy Story.

I am however impressed that they got a demo of a few games that arent ACTUALLY out yet! OMG there's a first haha 3 of them even. Good stuff...but seriously the videos have to be of higher quality, otherwise I could dl em online.

I personally did not like any of the demos on this disc either, but that isnt their fault. The Xbox is feeling a major draught right now for quality AND quantity. I know, wait till the winter and yadda yadda...sure, but there better be some good games comin. A lot of people thought Enclave was going to be pretty good...its bland. It's all right...but its kinda bland.

Same with Hunter...blandish. I bought Onimusha for 20 bucks the other day(canadian) and am enjoying that better than any of the newest releases because there is more of a range of actions to do in that game. There is more immersion in it as well. And no, I didn't like Morrowind for a lot of reasons. I am just kinda in a lull over the lack of interesting titles. It's kinda depressing me that games are pretty flat.

BTW did Gunmetal seem to slow down quite a bit during the demo? Mine slowed to a crawl when I blew up a tank and its smoke was billowing out....kinda sad yet again.

I think Slinter Cell will be the game that will give a little more life to the system just because of the amount of things you can do in the game just like Halo did in the beginning.

Chaotic
08-02-2002, 07:59 AM
I didn't notice any problems at all with gunmetal, remember its a demo disk and it does skip.

All the demo disk are just wipped up real quick and shipped out, their quality sucks arse:mad:

faceoff508
08-02-2002, 08:07 AM
They had some gameplay footage in the these movies:

Whacked
Brute Force
Unreal Championchip

Tinny
08-02-2002, 08:34 AM
*Glares at Americans*

Although I don't get the same problems Woocifer with the OXM demo disks I do hate them (the UK ones anyways). Not only is the number of playable demo decreasing here in the UK with each issue of OXM:

OXM 4 - 6 Demos
OXM 5 - 5 Demos
OXM 6 - 4 Demos
OXM 7 (Aug 22) - 3 Demos

The video quality is bad and not nearly long enough. Seriously, I envy you yanks. Atleast you got most of the game demos. We have to wait months to catch up you know. Oh yeah, sure, we got two games (Enclave and Gunmetal) before you guys, whoopy! 2 games. *sigh*

PS. About the bike game: lol, it sounds like A Road Rash game (it's a bike game on the PS. you can run over pedestrians and punch (or use a weapon on) other bike riders and get to smash into cars and get chased by police. Just give this game Moto GP graphics and more extras and a bit more freedom and you will have another classic bike game.

Woocifer
08-02-2002, 01:20 PM
Originally posted by faceoff508
They had some gameplay footage in the these movies:

Whacked
Brute Force
Unreal Championchip

Okay Whacked...you have to be kidding me. I might as well buy a nintendo hahaha just kiddin... the video for Brute Force? yeah I'm gettin really phuckin sick of seeing the same damn footage of some cinematics. Its so annoying...the in game footage lasted for 2 seconds combined probably and wasnt clear at al what was happening or what we can expect.

And Unreal Championship? well watch it again and tell me if you notice the game goes from 2 fps to about 60 fps in the demo reel. Why does it look as ticky a phuck and then all the sudden as smooth as liquid poo?

I'm just sayin these videos dont give us ANY indication of what the game is like...heaven forbid they take the time to get a media package from the companies and FULLY transfer the proper video size and fps on to these DVDs. Why am I paying all this money for something that isnt delivering? The demo disks are as useless as most of the titles that have come out hahaha

Anyway, Tinny, the same pattern has happened here as well with the demo discs. I dont think you have anything to be jealous of because we are getting the same kyfe as you are more or less. Actually I'd doubt it if your discs were any different from the ones in north america. We have 3 demos and the doa 3 crud and then a whole whack of garbage movies.

Just on a side note...who the hell are they trying to kid that these movies are from E3 or are the movies companies decided to show at E3?

Like I said the only thing that impressed me was Panzer Dragoon. I want to know where the Splinter Cell, Project Ego, KOTOR, NFL2k3, Ghost Recon, and Blade 2 movies were? Excluding Blade 2 I suppose, these games are being flaunted as great titles in the upcoming months...why werent they on the demo disc? I think what bothered me was the lack of splinter cell movies actually...this game offers the most diverse game play that the xbox is going to offer(up until hopefully Project Ego or BC do so) and yet they fail to give content. Blech.