PDA

View Full Version : Gunmetal

Ronin2004
07-30-2002, 10:56 PM
Hey has anyone here played gunmetal i hear it is like Zone of enders for ps2 and that game rocked anyways buying games tomorrow need to decided between enclave and gunmetal.

cityson
07-31-2002, 05:08 AM
Yes, I've heard of GunMetal and it's not on PS2.

Chaotic
07-31-2002, 09:20 AM
I played the demo and its pretty sweet.

Professor Kaos
07-31-2002, 10:06 AM
cityson, he was askin if gunmeatle is like Z.O.E. for the pos2 not if gunmeatle was on pos2

symposiumx
07-31-2002, 11:59 AM
Originally posted by TheMentorsXbox
I played the demo and its pretty sweet.

Where did you play the demo?? when is the next OXM due out (I have a subscription but havent seen this next one yet...last one I have is #9)

Woocifer
07-31-2002, 01:20 PM
I played gunmetal...I wasnt too impressed with it... the mech is too damn slow...the jet feel kinda arcadey, but thats overlookable(is that even a word?) but the rest of the game demo just felt kinda cheesey....

Enclave is looking like another mindless game, but personally I prefer how it looks now that I've played Gunmetal.

symposiumx
07-31-2002, 01:29 PM
so are either GUNMETAL or ENCLAVE actually on store shelves in the USA yet?

Chaotic
07-31-2002, 02:35 PM
Originally posted by symposiumx
so are either GUNMETAL or ENCLAVE actually on store shelves in the USA yet?

ENCLAVE is out, I just bought it.

Gunmetal comes out on the 6th i think.

yes gunmetal is on OXM #10

symposiumx
07-31-2002, 02:37 PM

ENCLAVE is out, I just bought it.

Gunmetal comes out on the 6th i think.

yes gunmetal is on OXM #10

when did you receive your OXM #10?? I haven't received mine yet :(

Chaotic
07-31-2002, 02:41 PM

when did you receive your OXM #10?? I haven't received mine yet :(

29th

symposiumx
07-31-2002, 02:44 PM

29th

OK...maybe mine's lagging becasue I moved recently.
What playables are on the disc? What non-playables and freatures? Spill the beans...I can't wait!! :)

Chaotic
07-31-2002, 09:20 PM

OK...maybe mine's lagging becasue I moved recently.
What playables are on the disc? What non-playables and freatures? Spill the beans...I can't wait!! :)

Be patient grasshopper there is not a lot of playables but you will be very happy with the 10 VIDEOS of soon to be released games, OH BOY am i happy to own an xbox after watching those.

ENJOY

symposiumx
08-01-2002, 10:55 AM

Be patient grasshopper there is not a lot of playables but you will be very happy with the 10 VIDEOS of soon to be released games, OH BOY am i happy to own an xbox after watching those.

ENJOY

You're evil I tell you....EVIL!!
That makes me want the OXM #10 even more. lol

What actual magazine articles do they cover? (previews, etc).

Duke
08-01-2002, 11:14 AM
I played gunmetal very briefly at CircuitCity. Really, I wasn't too impressed. I was pretty much ready to pick it up on release day, but it I'm definitely renting first now.

Could still be a great game, but my first impressions weren't that great.

Woocifer
08-01-2002, 08:44 PM
I have to agree...gunmetal feels kinda hokey. It's fluff...the mech moves too slow, the game actually slows down to a crawl if too much is happening...I thought we got past that a LONG time ago with video games?

Anyway it looks like the same missions happen again and again, same type of scarios...I dunno just seems dull to me.

JimmieDoogan
08-03-2002, 03:34 AM
I dig on this game. I've been playing it all night and it's a whole lot of fun so far. I've gotten through quite a few levels now too. Anyone who enjoys Mech games should rent or pick this up. It'll do you well.

Stncold
08-04-2002, 04:30 PM
I just pick this game up and i am really liking it. The graphics are great although when in a huge fire fight there can be a drop in frame rate. The controls are great with a little moddifing. Because its hard to shoot in mech mode with reverse controls, but you can switch it for the plane only. The gameplay is great to the game gets challenging the further you get. There are a ****load of weapons in this game too. I definitly recommed checking this game out.

NomadLLama
08-08-2002, 11:18 PM
dude this game kicks ass! Gunmetal came out on the 5th, but most people did not see it in stores cause they had it "in the back". meaning that they had the game, but did not display it either beacuse the workers were too lazy or they did not check the "put out" dates.

well, read my review of Gun Metal. search for games on the homepage of XBA. Its a great game. replayability is a bit questionable cause there is no multiplay and only 14 missions. but the good thing is that it uses the XBX soundtrack feature and its not a racing game!

if you want the game, ask a worker in the store if it is not where they have the games. if they say that they do not have it and did not check, then say, "Damn you and your *** ass buddies. the game was released august 5th."

BlindSniper
08-10-2002, 04:43 PM
[QUOTE]Originally posted by Woocifer
I have to agree...gunmetal feels kinda hokey. It's fluff...the mech moves too slow, the game actually slows down to a crawl if too much is happening...I thought we got past that a LONG time ago with video games?

Anyway it looks like the same missions happen again and again, same type of scarios...I dunno just seems dull to me. [/QUOTE

the meck does move very slow doesnt it but i love the shooting and ability to move faster with the jet

Tiger Krowe
08-11-2002, 05:26 PM
I have to say...GunMetal is a great game for all the Mech fans out there "jonesing" for MechAssault and Steel Battallion!!! The graphics are cool and the sounds very cool. You can also read my rating of the game as well!:cool: I do admit that it has it's slow moments...but I just think if it were on any other system it would probably freeze up the console and have a meltdown.:eek: I am still having problems with the later missions, and I will warn you that the 6th one is a doozy(named "Leviathan"). However, as one other mentioned...you get some really cool weapons in this game and can do some real carnage, as well!!:mad: All in all, it's a game worth getting...oh yeah, as for replayability...it rocks!!! Just think about those levels that gave you a hard time before...and hit them again with the better and improved weapons you just aquired.:eek: And it says that there are at least 25 missions to play...not only 14!!:( So there...:)

Highlite23
08-11-2002, 08:11 PM
Originally posted by Woocifer
I played gunmetal...I wasnt too impressed with it... the mech is too damn slow...the jet feel kinda arcadey, but thats overlookable(is that even a word?) but the rest of the game demo just felt kinda cheesey....

Enclave is looking like another mindless game, but personally I prefer how it looks now that I've played Gunmetal.

I agree with you on Gunmetal, but dissagree on Enclave.;)

lllSmokelll
08-11-2002, 08:58 PM
that gunmetal demo was hard

venom_maximum
08-11-2002, 09:08 PM
Yeah i got gunmetal. the only grief i have with it is that it takes like 20 times to complete a mission but when u do complete it it took like 2 minutes