PDA

View Full Version : Who will be the new king of F.P.S.?

Reclaimer
07-31-2002, 12:10 AM
I got this idea when I was posting in a different thread.
Eventually I hate to admit it but Halo will get old and start to wither away. Face it guys... It was good to be king. Those where some good long months we where on top of everything.

But I want to see who will pick up the torch and carry on as the King of FPS. Halo 2 seems so distant. With the arrival of the new wave of FPS closing in, who will it be? Or will Halo stand out and beat back the competition? Halo is not dead yet, but I think it's days might be numbered. Let see what you have to say...

OppiumNitrates
07-31-2002, 09:24 AM
i dont know most FPS dont have the stratagy that halo has . . . for 1 i love the fact that u can only carry 2 wepons, for second in most FPS a grenade is a wepon like a gun that u have to switch to to use . . . in halo u can throw them anytime . . . also the shild is another peice of the Halo stratigic puzzle that most FPS dont have . . . . . . Theres alot of reasons that Halo is #1 and i dont know if UC is gunna be better then Halo but it will be the first FPS thats on XBL . . . . and the vichls well if a game is going to be better then Halo its going to have to top all that i mentioned plus have some really swett, multipule player vichls that send the Warthog to the junk yard

Expedite_Wrap
08-01-2002, 04:25 PM
halo will always be wanna my favs..but i think that with all the new fps's commin out like turok, SS, RTCW, UC, doom 3?, red faction 2, and all the other ones i cant think of....but any way theres two many to tell who will be #1

cityson
08-01-2002, 04:31 PM
Halo.....

Reclaimer
08-04-2002, 12:13 AM
But what are the odds... I mean, that Bungie will take the things that we did not like about Halo and make it better.. If you look at Halo righ now and say: What if they fixed these few things...
I bet Halo 2 would be a monster. Would that be enough to stand out above the crop of FPS's coming out? I know this is all speculating, but you can only hope. Will the Halo world continue to rule the world?

SpartanSniper
08-05-2002, 01:24 AM
Unreal Championship till Halo 2 comes out.

shrew king
08-05-2002, 07:44 PM
is Splinter Cell not first person!? if it is then it will definitely be one of my fav's.

clutch
08-05-2002, 10:59 PM
Unreal Championship is going to own everyone.

Tkf5000
08-06-2002, 10:31 AM
Unreal championship until we get halo 2. theres not a lot of fps anyway planned for thebox. all i can think of is Team SAS, Mace Windu Bounty Hunter or whatever,turok, timsplitters 2... and that all i remeber right this sec. theres not much of s choice really.

OppiumNitrates
08-06-2002, 10:41 AM
Originally posted by Tkf5000
Unreal championship until we get halo 2. theres not a lot of fps anyway planned for thebox. all i can think of is Team SAS, Mace Windu Bounty Hunter or whatever,turok, timsplitters 2... and that all i remeber right this sec. theres not much of s choice really.

:confused: uhhh :confused:

dude i think theres more FPS then anything

Team SAS
it's Mace Griffin Bounty Hunter
turok
timsplitters 2
and then theres

Jedi knight
Halo 2
Counter strike
brute force
Asylum
Bounty Hunter
Dreadnoughts
Dredd Vs Death
Half-Life 2
Internal Pain
Maelstrom
Operation Flashpoint: Cold War Crisis
Psychotoxic : the 4th Horseman T
Return to Castle Wolfenstein
Seraphim
Serious Sam
Shayde
Shrapnel: Urban Warfare
Soldier of Fortune
Stung
Unreal Championship
XIII
Yager

well not all FPS, but 3d shooters, some might be in 3rd person view

and huuu yeah thats about it, i think :cool:

Tkf5000
08-06-2002, 10:46 AM
some of those like yager arent a fps. and some of them i never heard of. plus i said that just some.

OppiumNitrates
08-06-2002, 11:04 AM
some of those like yager arent a fps.

Originally posted by OppiumNitrates
well not all FPS, but 3d shooters, some might be in 3rd person view

and some of them i never heard of. .

Here you go (http://www.xboxaddict.com/products/games_genre.php?Genre=3D%20Shooters)

Reclaimer
08-11-2002, 03:09 AM
It's official, thanks to the press release,

Halo2 will be the new king of F.P.S.

Toonz
08-11-2002, 11:19 AM
If we get a good port of RTCW I think that game will own on Xbox Live mostly due due to fact everyone will have Voice Chat going on. If you have ever been fortunate enough to have all you team on Chat you know how absolutely deep this game can be. Strat is everything in that game.

hook-worm J
08-11-2002, 03:25 PM
Ok, Half Life came out for the PC about 4 years ago. And the mod for it, Counter-Strike, is the #1 online game to date. Keep in mind, the mod is still halflife, just with some changes.

lllSmokelll
08-11-2002, 10:54 PM
Unreal or Halo2...i cant decide

Tkf5000
08-12-2002, 09:55 AM
definitaly halo 2. by a mile.

LynxFX
08-12-2002, 08:12 PM
on the Xbox it will be Unreal Championship. Halo 2 isn't even in the running since it is well over a year away.

I'm more psyched for UT2003 which just went alpha!