PDA

View Full Version : Day 1-2 Broken Xbox Warranty...

bbchs_trash
07-31-2002, 01:33 AM
After reading the latest posts about broken Xbox's and the like with no warranties, I have decided to post my adventures with the Xbox.

November 15th- Pick Xbox up at store.

December- Start noticing some problems with the Xbox when I get the message that I need to contact my Xbox Warranty Provider immediately, as there is an internal problem.

Late December- After noticing more frequent problems I call them up and they tell me they are more than happy to send me the warranty box. It will include instructions on how to ship it off. Should arrive in five days.

March- No warranty box has arrived yet, even after frequent phone calls.

April- Get letter in the mail requesting I extend my warranty. I do so, for $50 for two years.

July- Try and live through the problems, finally recieve verification that my Warranty has been processed and anything needed please call.

July 26th- Play NCAA College Football 2003, win National Championship, Xbox freezes while loading the trophey screen. Had frozen earlier on a dirty disc problem multiple times. Call Xbox Warranty people and notify them. I am told once again a box will arrive within 5 days.

July 28th- Box to package Xbox in arrives. I pack it up and head off to work after calling the Airborne Express people. They tell me they will be by the next day. While at work I buy a Memory Card so I can back up Hard Drive, upon arriving home, I find my Xbox had already been picked up by same lady who dropped it off. No reciept upon pick-up is given, no proof it was ever sent.

July 29th- Read stories on Xbox Addict, try and find my Xbox via tracking system on Airborne Express.com. My luck sucks, my Xbox is no where to be found via the tracking system.

I will continuously update this every day to let everyone know how the Xbox warranty dealy works. Maybe this will be a very long adventure, and it will give me even more reason to purchase a PS2 and SOCOM: US Navy Seals, with the network adapter, on August 27th. We will find out, but its a definite I'm getting it. I figure by the time my Xbox gets back(was told 15 days or less) I will have 2-3 new football games for it, and possible SOCOM and a PS2 to make it right at home. No longer will my Xbox sit by itself, while its brothers and sisters sit tightly packed in the top of the closet.(maybe the Atari and NES and the like would qualify as Mother and Father?)

Integra Man
07-31-2002, 01:37 AM
HOLY CRAP! WHAT A STORY. dude i cant belivie that. im so sorry that has to blow! what are the chances of that happening twice on you. well good luck man keep trying

Chr0nik
07-31-2002, 05:08 AM
My extended warranty is good for an in-store exchange ( no questions asked) for 3 years on all hardware including controllers.

The store sales manager encouraged me to beat the snot out of my controllers and to exchange them for new ones when I notice the performance drops off.

Slacker
07-31-2002, 02:15 PM
Thats Strange , this is the first time I have ever read of somebody having that many problems with thier warranty.

Mostly I read , I sent it off on monday got it back saturday already fixed,

Keltiks
07-31-2002, 02:42 PM
You left the xbox on your front porch when you left to get the memory card?

or am I reading this wrong?

bbchs_trash
07-31-2002, 04:23 PM
Leave sweet old Sneak on the front porch? Are you crazy? I would never do that... Sneak is my pride and joy.

I had someone at the house while I was at work, so they gave it out. Hopefully my Xbox shows up at the door sometime soon. Tht would make me happy to see it show up on Saturday. Check back tonite for updates...

robnyack
07-31-2002, 06:08 PM
i bought an xbox on day 1, and about two months later had to return it due to games constantly freezing up (never got any messages, just freeze ups). I bought the box at EB and got the EW to go with it.

Took it back to EB, they asked what was wrong, I told them, they went out back and got a new xbox and handed it to me and told me, I was all set and I if i was unlucky enough to get another one that broke, i could bring that one back as well, and another and another, and another infinte...up for two years.

So, while I was POed, about my first xboxbreaking, EB treated my EXACTLY how I should have been treated, put a new xbox in my hands, on the spot, with no questions asked. This xbox has played perfectly ever since.