PDA

View Full Version : Paging guys from UK with ENCLAVE???

Chaotic
07-31-2002, 11:20 AM
What's your take on this game, I want to go buy it today and i keep reading good and bads about it.

let me know what you guys think about this game and if it's a short game or a long game?

Afro Aura
08-01-2002, 05:14 PM
dude I'm not quite sure what sort of game your looking for, Enclave it without a shadow of a doubt the most gorgeous game around right now with Hi-Res graphics sound it brilliant BUT the game is so damn boring mate, it's just a hack and slack game this might have been OK but the combat system is somewhat lacking your not sure if your gonna get hit of if your gonna hit the enemy it's just a hit and miss situation, in a nutshell mate I'd say rent this game first as you might be a bit upset when you take it home and its not what your really looking for

personally I think Gun Metal is a more fun game

but then that my 2 pennys:)

Chaotic
08-01-2002, 05:17 PM
Gunmetal is pretty cool.

Afro Aura
08-01-2002, 05:35 PM
Originally posted by AloneInTheDark
Is it anything like hunter? cause hunter is way too hard!
hmmm tricky this one as I had no problem going through Hunter:The Reckoning with the defender, it's pretty easy with her , anyway Enclave it's very and I mean very hard to hit your enemies without you getting hit as well, you can get killed when ever the consoles decides with the thieving enemys with their bows and arrows it's damn depressing

Afro Aura
08-01-2002, 08:59 PM
That sucks..i was looking foward to it..
should I get enclave or gunmetal?
hmmm OK Gunmetal is a bit like Max Payne you've just got the ability to change into a plane, Enclave looks prettier but with it's hit and miss combat system doesn't help it that much and you can play other characters but on the long run I think Gunmetal wins if your into destroying everything (buildings, walls, forests, animals, people etc) then choose this one but if your looking for a game that looks pretty and you don't have that much contact with the environment then choose Enclave

Sorry I can't really help you there best thing is to either play them at your store or rent:confused:

faceoff508
08-01-2002, 09:02 PM
Gunmeatal is ****ing hard. Well thats only based on a demo.

robnyack
08-01-2002, 09:44 PM
haven't played the game too much yet, but, one thing is very clear.....this game is GORGEOUS!! This game has some of the richest detailed graphics I have ever seen.

As for gameplay....still a little early to say, but, it might be lacking just a bit. But, if you like a good adventure game where you have some interesting missions to go with EXCELLENT graphics and have to basically hack and slash your way through levels collecting goodies, then you will have no problem with this game.

And I can see the biggest ***** about this game is going to be the lack of a save option. You have to complete a level in order to save. You get killed, and it's all the way back to the beginning of the level. A little frustrating.

Tinny
08-02-2002, 08:57 AM
Enclave

Length - Appox. 20-30+ hours depending.
Style - 3rd Person Hack 'em Up.
Graphics - One of the best on the X-Box.
Storyline - Fantasy telling RPG style with two campaigns.
Controls - Irratating and requires supreme tolerance and patience.
CPU A.I. - Bad. Don't bother trying to find some.

Quick opinion: Nice lengthy game with a good storyline. If you need a long game for this month I advise you to get Enclave as it will require alot of your time to play. Remember that this game will come to it's own as you carry on through the missions. Though tedious at first, you have to get use to the combat controls and learn the knack of it.

Irratations that you will encounter:

-No (rare) check points in mission. You will find yourself having to start all over again.
-Really bad A.I. The enemies aren't so much as hard as they are relentless in their pursuit. Also, don't expect quick wits and tactical battles.
-Bad. Really bad puzzles. "Follow instruction" kind of puzzles.
-Combat. If you don't master it, don't bother trying to have a duel. Remember: Your shield will go up and down as to take a swing and always keep yourself at a angle so you left side is facing the enemies attack. Hold up shield when there are archers and hope.

Only buy this game if you are going to face a long wait till the "better" games. THis game is ideal for me since I have to wait till the end of August before some good games are released.

Spaztic
08-02-2002, 09:28 AM
Is it anything like hunter? cause hunter is way too hard!

if hunter was hard....don't even bother getting enclave...I am having trouble getting though the secound level...and I thought hunter was pretty easy!

This is one of the hardest games I have ever played. The graphics are awsome! This is just a hack and slash so it gets a little repetitive! I like the game and it rounds off my collection well, but I would probably pick some other games over it!....did I say the graphics rule!

FuNkY mOnK
08-02-2002, 05:04 PM
With all the Krap that has arose for xbox in the past one being Spiderman,better yet bruce lee, I would say enclave is way better than both these games. I like this game very much, the characters are very nicely done and playing in first person enhances game play, I liked Sword Of The Berserk-Guts Rage on dreamcast. So for me, I’m in my glory with enclave. I love it.

MerimacHamwich
08-02-2002, 06:33 PM
Enclave has beuatiful graphics and sound and great gameplay. I don't know what Afro Aura was talking about. I play this game for hours on end. It is kind of like Rune or Blade of Darkness. Both very fun games. I never found it boring yet and it has a decent story line. With all of the different characters you can play as I found great replay value in each level. You can buy new weapons and armor after each level with the gold you find which I like. I was not expecting that part but I am glad they included it. You get a different experience with each weapon. Some are faster, some slower, more powerful, less etc. Plus after you beat the "light" campaign you can play the dark one. The dark campaign is supposed to be harder. I havent beat the light campaign yet so I do not know. You can also buy weapons and everything like in the light campaign. There is also replay value found in collecting gold. If you cannot find all of it in one go you can play the level over again and try and find it. Using bows is incredibly fun. With sniper arrows you can zoom in and get headshots, as well as any part of the body - shots. It is cool catching one of the enemies naping and shooting him in the face with an arrow. There is a first person as well as third person view. If you are not sure about this game rent it. After you ahve rented it I can almost garuantee you will want to buy it. I would label this title as a must buy for any xbox gamer. :)

Snoopy7548
08-02-2002, 06:34 PM
i just rented enclave. i havent played it yet though

Toonz
08-02-2002, 10:43 PM
I have been playing this game for about 5 hours now and I am glad I rented it first. Not a buyer for me. The graphics are first class and it runs real smooth but its really lacking in the control department. I don't understand why they didn't make it play like HALO or Max Payne. The combat system is kinda lame IMO. Its rather difficult to use ranged weapons such as bows and stuff. I am finding it much easier to just hack my way through with the sword. The mapping is kinda poor at times as well. You need to collect gold to buy better weapons and quit frankly certain buildings and roadways were just put there to hide some gold at the end of them. I would have preferred a secret entrance ( RTCW style ) method of collecting gold. There are some great effects as well though. When you get hit my a enemies arrow you see blood spray off your body ( my favorite little feature so far ) and blocking with shields works great which I find is done poorly in most games. I give it a 7/10 loosing 1.5 for poor controls IMO and loosing another 1.5 because I don't think it will have real replay value once you have completed it once. Better off to rent it and if you really like it rent it a second time to finish if you can't get it done the first time.

robnyack
08-03-2002, 07:25 AM
you need to play this game for a while before you can actually warm up to it. It takes quite a while to get the fighting down. The poster aboves says the longe range weapons re too hard, so it's easier to just slash your way through with a sword. It is true the crossbow is tough to use, but it most certainly has it's use and the sooner you get used to using it, the better off you will be.

I have a feeling I am going to like this game the farther along I get. My only gripe though.....no check points. how can you have no check points????????????

TheDarkwolf
08-03-2002, 01:55 PM
So far I love this game. It has awesome graphics and the characters are freaking cool! I don't think it is too hard then again I didn't have much trouble with gunvalkyrie either. I am already on the 7th level. The druid rules. She has 5 different magic staffs so far and can shoot lightning, create a treant, shoot ice shards etc. The characters all play differently which is nice as well. Also before each level you purchase your own weapons for each character and unlock new items after every level. I would give this game an 8 out of 10.

Snoopy7548
08-03-2002, 04:37 PM
i just played the game for like 5 minutes. lol. it has really good graphics. but the controls suck. like the aiming is so stupid, cause if you press it to like aim right, or left, it also goes either up or down, and its really annoying.

FuNkY mOnK
08-04-2002, 06:42 AM
Enclave Imo is down right one of the elite games for xbox. I know it has a sh ity save scheme but I feel this will only make you more careful in your tactics which adds great strategy. Combat gets easer once you get the knack of movement and know which weapons work the best. and try playing in first person it's a new animal.This game deserves a ten for climbing over all the c-rap that’s been spewing out for the xbox in the past.

Snoopy7548
08-04-2002, 08:21 AM
lol, how do u play in first person?:)

FuNkY mOnK
08-04-2002, 10:25 AM
Just hit the black button, or white i forget? also i'm using controler-s which of course makes more sense over the original.

robnyack
08-04-2002, 11:27 AM
first person mode is better.

I think it's the black buttom.