PDA

View Full Version : Permanent max weight drop -- HELP!!!

Master Gracey
07-31-2002, 01:31 PM
Some people cast a spell that will permanently reduce the max weight you can carry... HOW DO I RESTORE TO MY MAX WEIGHT???

It's so frustrating! I used to be able to carry 595, then I fought Dagoth Ur and can now only carry 581. I wear a gauntlet that is a constant effect +20 strength, and it's still in perfect condition. My strength is still at 119. I've tried taking every potion out there, and even did a "restore attributes" blessing at an Imperial shrine, but I'm still only able to carry 581.

Right outside Molag Mar is a group of 3 mabrigash who fight you as soon as they see you. They started casting spells like crazy and after the fight ended, I found I could only carry 511. Since this spell seems to be cast against you so often, does anyone know how to counteract it's effects? And what is the spell? It makes me angry to know that I can work on something for so long and then have it go away permanently.

Alien
07-31-2002, 02:35 PM
Originally posted by Master Gracey
Some people cast a spell that will permanently reduce the max weight you can carry... HOW DO I RESTORE TO MY MAX WEIGHT???

It's so frustrating! I used to be able to carry 595, then I fought Dagoth Ur and can now only carry 581. I wear a gauntlet that is a constant effect +20 strength, and it's still in perfect condition. My strength is still at 119. I've tried taking every potion out there, and even did a "restore attributes" blessing at an Imperial shrine, but I'm still only able to carry 581.

Right outside Molag Mar is a group of 3 mabrigash who fight you as soon as they see you. They started casting spells like crazy and after the fight ended, I found I could only carry 511. Since this spell seems to be cast against you so often, does anyone know how to counteract it's effects? And what is the spell? It makes me angry to know that I can work on something for so long and then have it go away permanently. The only suggestion I have for you is trying to take Restore Strenght potions...um, and also Cure Blight, or Cure Common Disease...even though you said you did...but eh, I dunno.

And are you sure you didn't have another article that was enchanted with Fortify Strenght? Maybe like a Sword or somthing?

Sorry I can't help much...

cookie
08-01-2002, 03:36 PM
I found that if you take off all your magical items and then use a restore strength spell or potion it will fix it, if you keep the items on, the game thinks that your skills are already high enough at over 100, take the magical items off close the dialog box so the magical spells of items can dissipate, then reopen the item dialog box and look at your stats, then simply cast the spell or use the potion on the ailing class. Worked for me when i couldn't seem to get rid of blight and I was over 100 at the skill.

Professor Kaos
08-01-2002, 03:58 PM
or, take off all ur stuff that ups ur atributes and then go to the balmora temple and one of the shrines can restore the ones that r down

Master Gracey
08-02-2002, 02:20 PM
IT WORKED!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :D

Oh thank you, thank you, thank you, thank you!!!!

Here's the scoop... my max weight had dropped after my strength was taken from 119 to 116. I casted a restore strength spell and my strength went back up to 119, but my max weight stayed down. Then, thanks to your help, I took off the enchanted gauntlet (which is a +20 constant effect) and looked at my stats. My strength was still at a 96 instead of a 99!!! For some stupid reason, the game thought that 96 + 20 = 119! So I went to an Imperial shrine, restored my attributes, put the gauntlet back on, and I can carry my 595 max weight again. I'm so glad I can do math better than the programmers at Bethesda... :)

Again, thanks... after the crashes, this was the thing I found the most frustrating about the game. Now it's fixed!!

Professor Kaos
08-02-2002, 05:08 PM
no problem man