PDA

View Full Version : DOA 3 yes or no?!

odpr
07-31-2002, 03:05 PM
ok this is it!
to buy or not to buy!

( one say yes the other say sucks! I can't decide..\)

bye
o

JJaX
07-31-2002, 03:21 PM
id say NO if you have prior fighting game knowledge.
The gameplay is as deep a puddle of rabbit pi55.

Dre
07-31-2002, 03:26 PM
Originally posted by JJaX
id say NO if you have prior fighting game knowledge.
The gameplay is as deep a puddle of rabbit pi55.

Where's it pìssing? Because it could be pìssing into a narrow yet deep hole which would make the puddle of rabit pìss have some depth to it :D

Joking aside, DoA3 has really nice graphics. I bought it at launch and agree with Jjax about the depth of the fighting. However, I still find quite a bit of enjoyment from it, plus its a great title to show off the xbox. I'd recommend it, but you know what to expect.

E Nomini Patri
07-31-2002, 03:29 PM
It's a great multiplayer game! All my friends love it!

JJaX
07-31-2002, 03:31 PM
Originally posted by StarWarsFanMan
It's a great multiplayer game! All my friends love it!

cause they can sit there with there mouths open and mash buttons?

This game is a button mashers dream. Theres no tactics like Soul calibur.

Snapple
07-31-2002, 05:14 PM
its not a botton masher Jjax you just dont know what the hell your doing

o yea get this game its really awsome and the graphics are the best on xbox so far:D

btw:the reason Jjax is calling it a botton masher is cause he doesnt know how to do combos and junk so he presses bottons

Nerrad529
07-31-2002, 05:24 PM
I rented dead or alive 3 when i first got my xbox i played it for about 2 hrs. The only way that game is any fun is if you play multi player. I wouldn't buy it there is better games out than that. If you get oxm that's about all u need of doa3.

Snapple
07-31-2002, 05:27 PM
no its,your just probly mad cause your bad at the game:rolleyes:

theres all kinds of modes and every thing

survivle,time attack,story mode,vs,ect

Highlite23
07-31-2002, 05:55 PM
I second XBOXFANS comments,

Learn to play it and you'll have a blast, Play with your friends and you'll kick there ass...because they will be gauking at the clevage.;)

POD13259
07-31-2002, 06:00 PM
Dude, I gawk at the cleavage way more than what you should normally be allowed and still be able to do well. Just this morning, I beat Time Attack with Kasumi in 7 min., 46 secs, and we all she has cleavage!

Definitely get DOA3, odpr. You won't regret it.

Integra Man
07-31-2002, 06:20 PM
its a great game buy for sure. but u have to have a friend with you just to make the game fun. that what i did with my brother we made fun of all teh characters and how they acted. its a lot of fun

so buy

Snapple
07-31-2002, 08:31 PM
originally posted by higlite23
I second XBOXFANS comments,

learn to play and youll have a blast,play with your friends and youll kick there ass...because they will be gauking at the clevage

thats what point i was trying to make,that its not a botton masher if you know what your doing:) but being a button masher can make you kcik ass and buy you a new controller:D

again get this game trust me youll love it:)

xboxfan38 give it a 1,000,000,000 star and 50 thumbs up ,this game only has one mistake and that is blood(i so wish those doa bonus packs would have something to do with blood in them)

btw:this game will get old after a while but when you play alot of other games its desent to go back and look at the outstanding graphics

Evil_Dr_Beefy
07-31-2002, 08:57 PM
it's a great game, you and a few of your friends should have a good time with it...it's not a button masher (bloody roar on the nintendo gamecube is what i would call a button masher) Besides, a quick counter will stop a button masher right in his tracks.

No Fear 23
07-31-2002, 09:09 PM
this game is cool, but boring when u play it by urself, not alot of ppl in my area likes fighting game, so i traded it in for outlaw golf.

NomadLLama
07-31-2002, 10:47 PM
YES! but not worth 50 bucks. if you find it for that price, do not buy it. i got mine for 40 bucks on sale at Circuit City. and also, if you like fighting games, then this is for you. small bit of quick thinking strategy, fast reaction time, and how fast you can execute a combo are all essential. if your a casual gamer, then no.

johnsmiley
07-31-2002, 11:57 PM
LOL I have a great advantage over most of my friends in DOA3 i'm queer so i am not affected by the large breasts MWAHAHAHA! errmmm....sorry

cityson
08-01-2002, 02:29 AM
Don't buy DoA3!!!!!

1) Getting old....
2) DoAX and DoAX Beach Volleyball is comin' soon. Why bother with DoA3?
3) Get MotoGP....It can rename your Xbox like DoA3.

DenniZz81
08-01-2002, 05:15 AM
buy it! its a great game once you lern how to play it

cityson
08-01-2002, 05:58 AM
Don't listen to Denniz! Yes, this is the best fighting game so far but it gets bored after 3 mins. 16 characters only.....What a waste fo money.

Chr0nik
08-01-2002, 06:32 AM
If you would spend your hard earned money for a few minutes of interest and fun, then YES.

If you value your hard earned money and don't like to see it flushed down the sh|TTer, then NO.

Snapple
08-01-2002, 07:50 AM
first off citiyson doa extrem beach vallyball looks like ass unless your a little pansy and wanna play volleyball:rolleyes:

and dont all games get boaring after a while:rolleyes:

get this game trust me you wont regret it,sure it gets old after a while but a few weeks later youll have a craving to play doa3 and look at the butifull graphics:)

and about that 16 charecters thing(sure i would love to have about four more)it is actually enough and theres also a hidden charecter you can get:)

if you want to wait till doa4 you can but it will be a while

xbox_elf
08-01-2002, 11:43 AM
unless you are a person that jacks off regularly at the site of girls flashing their crotches in your face,do not buy doa3.

BlindSniper
08-10-2002, 04:53 PM
it is good at fiorst...then it gets boring and syucks

lllSmokelll
08-11-2002, 10:21 PM
its one of the best games on the xbox....go get it!!!

spike spiegel
09-09-2002, 03:28 PM
This game is a must buy. The counter,sidesteps,craps, and combos(as well as a few off the wall moves for us experts:D )add up for a fighter with some really good strategy. The single player mode does suck ass I will admite this, but I have yet to play a fighter with a very intresting single player mode. When ever I have a friend over for a while we sit down and play a quick game of DOA3. What ****es me off is other gamers see the hot girls and automatically dis the game(say it has no depth or some bull like that). The game isn't a button masher. In most fighters if your biggining you'll probably be better with mashing the buttons, but instead of mashing them if you keep on trying to get better you'll find out that it just takes some time to be good. I have a friend thats a button masher he used to **** me off, but now I can beat up too five of his ppl before he kills one of mine in team mode!

[oXo]
09-11-2002, 06:00 PM
Originally posted by odpr
ok this is it!
to buy or not to buy!

bye
o

okay, do U like martial arts games?
If yes it's quite simple = This game HAS to be in your collection then ;) It's the best done fighting game I've ever seen.

SPARTAN VI
10-04-2002, 11:58 PM
Absolutely. Buy it! But, you might want to rent it first.
Idon't own the game, but I play with my bud's copy. It took me a while, and some practice to master it. I would like to find a tournament to test my skill, playing the same 4-6 guys gets boring after a while, esp. when I keep winning.

jaxspider
10-07-2002, 02:49 AM
IMO its a great party game. I suggest renting and playing it with friends cause after that its pretty boring alone. so yeah done buy it. Just rent it everytime there is a party gonna happen. :D

DOA3 = single player = sucks!
DOA3 = multi player = Great!

Slim Shady
10-08-2002, 04:50 PM
Originally posted by xboxfan38
its not a botton masher Jjax you just dont know what the hell your doing

o yea get this game its really awsome and the graphics are the best on xbox so far:D

btw:the reason Jjax is calling it a botton masher is cause he doesnt know how to do combos and junk so he presses bottons
Thats what i do :D

morbowski
10-08-2002, 04:57 PM
Buy it, DOA 3 is an awsome fighting game. As for being a button masher type game....thats true....if you suck at playing it.
It has a lot of depth to it and the AI is really good too try getting 100 wins on survival on the hard difficulty setting.
As for soul calibur it to is a great game but sorry it also falls in the button masher category as much as DOA 3 would.

Brutal Grace
10-08-2002, 10:11 PM
If you like fighting games a lot I would recommend DOA3 as a must-buy game. The fighting mechanics have been tweaked some from DOA2, and IMO it actually plays pretty well.

Because DOA3 was rushed out for the Xbox launch there are not a lot of single-player goodies (a few, but nowhere near enough to be called sufficient). However....

I have read at Tecmo's forums and elsewhere that some seemingly meaningless records and items you can pile up in the DOA3 save file are going to be necessary to unlock certain things in the DOA Xtreme Beach Volleyball game... that may just be a ******* tease, but it's something else to consider.

There is talk of a DOA: Code Cronus game that will be first shown in December (its existence was announced at the recent TGS). This is said not to be "DOA4", but probably a compilation of all or most characters, costumes, and stages from the entire DOA series, with possibly some new extras (could the DOAX girl "Lisa" be making an appearance? :cool: ). Just another thing to consider... in some ways, Tecmo is getting more like Capcom every year. :p

DOA4 itself is slated for a late Summer or Autumn 2003 release, in conjunction with the release of a planned live-action DOA4 motion picture.

So the choice is yours: You can get'em all, get some, or get none of them. Hopefully, if you do buy DOA3 and then get really sick of it you will trade it in on something else. I haven't wanted to trade my copy in yet. :)

Pyro_678
10-30-2002, 11:00 PM
Originally posted by JJaX

cause they can sit there with there mouths open and mash buttons?

This game is a button mashers dream. Theres no tactics like Soul calibur.

Wtf are you talking about soul caliber is all button smashing u ass, MK DA is gona take skill to be able to pull off combos using your different fighting styles. Plus u get a **** load of weapons, fighting styles that are all real not fake like most fighting games. theres over 20 charcters such as... Subzero, Scorpion, Reptile, Shangtsung(spelled wrong) Quanchi(spelled wrong too most likley) Frost, blind kenshin, kano, jax, sonya. rayden, a vampire chick, sheeva, Cindel(the chick with long white hair who screams n ****), dead guy, jonny cage, kitana, plus many more. theres also mini games, tons of hidden stuff and the xbox version is alot smoother and better than all other systems. this will resurect th Mk series. unless ur a blind fool like jaxx that thinks soul caliber takes skill hahahaha of all games lol

Drew12
11-03-2002, 11:22 AM
Is there any news on DoA4's release. It is suppose to be out in summer 2003, but they are still debating on what system it should be for. I don't think it will leave the x-box.

Cloud Strife
11-29-2002, 08:10 PM
Oh yeah, it is the second best fighting game ever. I know the game has little depth but it is a lot fun.;) I love the characters in the game.:)

Jeffers
12-01-2002, 03:07 PM
Me and my *** little brother think it was fun. its got good graphics.

Spaztic
12-02-2002, 01:04 PM
this game rocks, it is a must have! It isn't as deep as MK but my friends enjoy it much more.

TheCovenant
12-17-2002, 05:42 PM
i agrree with xbox fan too.......

the combo's arent obvious....but they are there.

You wont see a specific move that makes you say"oh, i can use that to link this!"

but if you try it enough ways you will kind good combos.

Shoot, i have a friend that can do 10+ hits with christie......

SPARTAN VI
12-18-2002, 02:19 PM
Originally posted by TheCovenant
i agrree with xbox fan too.......

the combo's arent obvious....but they are there.

You wont see a specific move that makes you say"oh, i can use that to link this!"

but if you try it enough ways you will kind good combos.

Shoot, i have a friend that can do 10+ hits with christie......

Yep! That's my sister!:)

Too bad she never gets to use the combo, and she looses every fight cuz she concentrates on the execution of ONLY THAT combo.:rolleyes:

I'm still the master..:cool:

Arashi
12-19-2002, 12:18 AM
Yep! That's my sister!

Too bad she never gets to use the combo, and she looses every fight cuz she concentrates on the execution of ONLY THAT combo.

I focus on multiple combos. I just keep on losing b/c I have the bad habit of pressing the same button too many times...

SPARTAN VI
12-19-2002, 01:28 AM
Originally posted by Rogue

I focus on multiple combos. I just keep on losing b/c I have the bad habit of pressing the same button too many times...

Uh-oh, my sister hit the XBA forums...:confused:

RUN FOR YOUR LIVES!!!!!!!!!:eek:

kev05551
12-22-2002, 11:02 AM
hell no mortal kombat

TheCovenant
12-22-2002, 02:16 PM
Originally posted by SPARTAN VI
Absolutely. Buy it! But, you might want to rent it first.
Idon't own the game, but I play with my bud's copy. It took me a while, and some practice to master it. I would like to find a tournament to test my skill, playing the same 4-6 guys gets boring after a while, esp. when I keep winning.

CURSE YOU SPARTAN! CURSE YOU!

anywho, it's a great buy, but it's strength is definatly multiplayer. if you have no one to play with, i recommend splinter cell or something.

tenchi
01-03-2003, 01:07 PM
i agree with the covenant it is stronger as multi and if you r alone you should go for something like sc unless you have live.

The Jackal
01-17-2003, 01:44 AM
one of first games i bought.... great graphics... smooth... countering is good addition to fighting games.... amazing environment and interactment with it.... just needs more characters but still a great game overall

Software2
01-20-2003, 08:49 AM
Originally posted by odpr
ok this is it!
to buy or not to buy!

bye
o
Buy it. It's great in so many aspects, and it's 20 bucks now at alot of stores.

Cloud Strife
01-20-2003, 08:56 AM
Originally posted by Software2
Buy it. It's great in so many aspects, and it's 20 bucks now at alot of stores. I agree. I paid $50 for mine and absolutely love it.:)

kev05551
01-20-2003, 11:26 AM
i like doa3 but i would get mortal kombat dedaly alinence firstwww.mortalkombat.midway.com (http://www.mortalkombat.midway.com) :)

The Jackal
01-20-2003, 02:43 PM
Originally posted by kev05551
i like doa3 but i would get mortal kombat dedaly alinence firstwww.mortalkombat.midway.com (http://www.mortalkombat.midway.com) :)

nah... DOA3 has way better graphics

Cloud Strife
01-20-2003, 02:56 PM
Originally posted by The Jackal
nah... DOA3 has way better graphics I agree. MK Deadly Aliiance might have more but DOA3 is the overall better game. MK Deadly Alliance controls very slowly. However, MK DA is no button masher. My friend, who's a button masher, hated MK DA because he couldn't beat me and it moved too slow for him. I told him you can't button mash iin the game.;)

The Jackal
01-20-2003, 03:52 PM
Originally posted by Burning Ranger
I agree. MK Deadly Aliiance might have more but DOA3 is the overall better game. MK Deadly Alliance controls very slowly. However, MK DA is no button masher. My friend, who's a button masher, hated MK DA because he couldn't beat me and it moved too slow for him. I told him you can't button mash iin the game.;)

yeah thats true but i think that game was too technical... like it had so many combos where the buttons were completely different then ontop of it the moves... and with all the different styles you had to resort to pretty much picking one character and pickin him over and over to get REALLY good with just him... thats no fun... DOA3 has lots of move but the way you execute some of them are similar to other characters just the moves themselves are different... makes it much easier to become good really good with 4 or 5 different characters... and course theres still the one that you can just smoke everyone with ;) Hayate baby!! ;)

kev05551
01-20-2003, 04:04 PM
Final Thought: the real answer is try all fighting games pick the one or ones you like and master that 1 or 1s. take care of youre self and each other

The Jackal
01-20-2003, 04:52 PM
Originally posted by kev05551
Final Thought: the real answer is try all fighting games pick the one or ones you like and master that 1 or 1s. take care of youre self and each other

thanks Jerry... appreciate the final thoughts ;)

Cloud Strife
01-20-2003, 05:07 PM
thanks Jerry... appreciate the final thoughts ;) You know his name.:confused: Well, I'm not about to say what my name is.:D

The Jackal
01-20-2003, 05:43 PM
You know his name.:confused: Well, I'm not about to say what my name is.:D

i have no idea what his name is... i meant Jerry as in Jerry Springer... the final thoughts thing.... get it?
and if you dont want people knowin your name you should really take it off your site :rolleyes:

Cloud Strife
01-20-2003, 06:03 PM
i have no idea what his name is... i meant Jerry as in Jerry Springer... the final thoughts thing.... get it?
and if you dont want people knowin your name you should really take it off your site :rolleyes: My fault dude. I wasn't thinking of Jerry Springer. It's been a while since I've watched that show.

I just used my name because Liquid Gears did on his site. However, I just now changed my name on my website to T.C. I don't care if anyone knows that is my name.:)

kev05551
01-20-2003, 06:10 PM
did i caus a problem what the hole jerry springer thinghttp://www.jerryspringer.com (http://) http://jerry.com http://fat.com tommrow on the show a miget pimp!!!

kev05551
01-20-2003, 06:12 PM
don't mess withe jerry:mad:

The Jackal
01-20-2003, 07:13 PM
you still watch Jerry? i remember when he was huge for like a year... then it just go to be the same stuff over and over... i havent seen it forever... still the same stuff?

Cloud Strife
01-20-2003, 07:17 PM
you still watch Jerry? i remember when he was huge for like a year... then it just go to be the same stuff over and over... i havent seen it forever... still the same stuff? I'm with you on that. I use to think it was the funniest thing in the world when I was younger. Now, I don't care for that stuff. I use to also watch wrestling at that time. I find that too childish for me now.;)

kev05551
01-20-2003, 07:27 PM
i never said i watched jerry

The Jackal
01-20-2003, 08:44 PM
I'm with you on that. I use to think it was the funniest thing in the world when I was younger. Now, I don't care for that stuff. I use to also watch wrestling at that time. I find that too childish for me now.;)

yeah same.. use to always watch wrestlin... went to one when they were here... now i dont care at all for it

kev05551
01-21-2003, 06:13 AM
i don't watch springer byt i watch wrestling sometimes

tenchi
01-25-2003, 08:51 AM
Jerry is for kids i watched it when i was like 12 and 13 but if violence like that still entertains you in your adult years or late teens go ahead and watch it but what is the world comin to when they watch crap like that for entertainment.

Nyjee
01-25-2003, 12:02 PM
I think most ppl are too picky these day's, sure you have to spend the money for the game, but if you do enough research, and are sure its ok, just go buy it. I bought it today, and so far I think it's cool, and you can do a lot of stuff. The characters are interesting, and they do Karate, Tai chi, ****zu, and more. :eek:
The game isn't as expensive as newer games. I think that's good too. ok, bye:)