PDA

View Full Version : Games Of August

faceoff508
07-31-2002, 03:24 PM
Here are the games (in order of release) Gun Metal Has been delayed:

Totaled!

Ships 08/01/2002
Totaled! is a fast-paced, furious and fun step into the world of classic cars and their subsequent destruction. Climb into a hot red, muscle or performance car and rip it apart at the expense of your opponents. No engine tweaking, tire balancing or pit stops, just glorious mayhem in the cars of your dreams.

Gun Metal

Ships 08/01/2002
Standing 30 feet tall and equipped with an arsenal of weaponry, Gun Metal fights hordes of enemies in this mission-based shooter exclusive to the Xbox. At the touch of a button, transform from robot to jet fighter and take the fight to the skies. Destroy and make use of everything--crush rocks, fell trees, and tear chunks from buildings--on your quest to liberate your people. Gun Metal offers a devastating mix of action and strategy gameplay!

Barbarian

Ships 08/05/2002
Barbarian is an action game of fighting and conquest in combat arenas across the land of Barbaria. Play in different battle modes against one or more opponents or experience the rich history of each Barbarian by playing their own Quest. With its perfect blend of exhilarating fighting and deep RPG storytelling, Barbarian will take you further than any fighting game has ever taken you before!

NFL Fever 2003

Ships 08/06/2002
NFL Fever 2003 is the best-selling, fast and hard-hitting football game for Xbox. Easy to pick up and start playing, NFL Fever 2003 delivers all the action, attitude and excitement of the National Football League, allowing gamers to create, play and control their ultimate NFL team. With the opportunity to earn all the accolades and honors of the NFL, NFL Fever 2003 challenges hardcore football fans and gamers to be the best in the world. The realism of NFL Fever 2003 provides gamers with the ultimate NFL experience.

Prisoner Of War

Ships 08/06/2002
Prisoner of War captures the intrigue, danger and heroism of Allied escape attempts from prisoner of war camps during World War II, including Colditz - the Germans highest security "escape-proof" camp. Gameplay delivers a tense 3rd person stealth adventure game where bravery, stealth and cunning will win the day.

NFL Blitz 20-03

Ships 08/12/2002
Featuring real NFL teams, players and stadiums, NFL Blitz 20-03 showcases intense 8-on-8 gameplay coupled with a host of new features that challenges gamers to pick up the skills needed for the "big time." NFL Blitz is the only dedicated adrenaline-style football videogame franchise - providing bigger hits and wilder plays than any other football game. Like a football highlight reel, NFL Blitz 20-03 allows gamers to execute adrenaline-style, over-the-top moves such as bulldozing and stiff-arming, take outrageous dives for passes and control strong-armed, precision-passing quarterbacks who throw darts, bullets and bombs. Along with larger-than-life players and lightning-fast moves, the Create-a-Player mode allows gamers to build their alter ego into the game, pushing NFL Blitz even further atop the football category.

Street Hoops

Ships 08/13/2002
Throw down your best moves as you fight for bragging rights in an all-out, street level, blacktop blitz. Street Hoops is the real deal...the most authentic and realistic street basketball game available. Choose your team and then rock 10 of the most notorious street courts in America with the speed, energy and attitude of serious urban ball. Create your own custom baller, bet with virtual cash and then gear up to get down with your winnings. The game starts and ends in the streets.

Madden NFL 2003

Ships 08/13/2002
Enjoy the excitement of the 2002 NFL football season in EA's latest title, Madden NFL 2003. Madden NFL '03 promises to deliver one of the best gaming experiences in the history of football gaming. The competitive standard for interactive football gaming is back and it's going to be a very big year for football fans & video gamers everywhere

NCAA College Football 2K3

Ships 08/13/2002
College football is about tradition, pageantry and the purity of the game. "SEGA Sports NCAA College Football 2K3" embodies all of those things, as this year's game features dramatic improvements including new player models, completely redesigned stadiums, all 25 official BCS bowls and a revamped Legacy mode where gamers can recruit key high-school stars and compare lifetime records against other collegiate programs in the historical rankings system.

David Beckham Soccer

Ships 08/13/2002
David Beckham Soccer features over 200 international and domestic teams, a vast array of competitions and game modes plus a unique "train with Beckham" training mode that allows you to hone your soccer skills before taking on real opponents with a series of tests set by David Beckham himself. You can even learn how to take David's speciality free kicks! This is an exciting fast paced soccer game - and the only soccer game - to be officially endorsed by David Beckham! Train like him. Play like him. Be him.

Mat Hoffman's Pro BMX 2

Ships 08/13/2002
Join 1O-time World Vert Champion Mat "The Condor" Hoffman and 10 of the greatest names in the sport as they rip through eight U.S. cities on the ultimate BMX road trip. Mat Hoffman's Pro BMX 2 continues the tradition of great action sports gaming by deiivering an over-the-top experience with the best BMX game ever created. Could it get any better? It just did.

Buffy The Vampire Slayer

Ships 08/19/2002
Step into the shoes of Buffy Summers, popular high school student by day, destroyer of the undead by night. Secure your standing as The Chosen One in this third-person action/adventure game by vanquishing legions of monsters using over 60 fighting moves and combinations, and a select arsenal of slayer weaponry. Punch, kick, and stake your way through familiar Sunnydale locations like the sunken church, Sunnydale High School, and the Bronze nightclub where you match wits with enemies such as Matereani, Rhakshasa, Spike, and The Master. If you run into trouble, your Watcher Giles and friends Willow, Cordelia, and Xander are on-hand to assist you. Start sharpening your stake. It’s up to you to save the world.

NFL 2K3

Ships 08/20/2002
Emerging bigger, stronger and more determined than ever, SEGA Sports NFL 2K3 approaches the 2002 season destined for greatness. Complete with all of the updated rosters, new NFL re-alignment changes and authentic stadiums redesigned in full 3D for the 2002 season, NFL2K3 will deliver the most exhilarating gridiron action on the Playstation 2 computer entertainment system, the Xbox video game system from Microsoft and Nintendo GameCube this fall

Sega Soccer Slam

Ships 08/20/2002
"SEGA Soccer Slam:" It's a kick-off revolution... and the pitch will never be the same! A host of outrageous teams from across the globe unite on the pitch for intense, 3-on-3 matches of the world's most popular sport. Users will be enticed by thrilling gameplay action involving nasty tackles, lethal killer kicks and brilliant spotlight maneuvers. This isn't ordinary soccer... and with additional user-controlled features such as weather and difficulty levels, players can create the ultimate match of champions.

Dead to Rights

Ships 08/20/2002
Jack Slate, an innocent cop sentenced to death, makes a daring escape from the Iron Point Maximum-Security Penetentiary. Driven to bring the criminal element that framed him to justice, Slate hunts the hunters in this gritty, crime-noir inspired epic. With super-charged game play, jaw-dropping graphics and hard-boiled storytelling, Dead to Rights raises the bar on the crime action-thriller genre.

faceoff508
07-31-2002, 03:25 PM
Antz
08/27/2002

Ships 08/27/2002
Jockey for first place with your favourite character from the hit motion picture Antz, using vehicles that aren't your typical garden variety. Surf using a leaf, race in a cool drink can - even hop on a wasp for the antenna-raising thrill ride of your life! You may feel tiny, but practise will make you a giant among racers

Commandos 2: Men of Courage

Ships 08/27/2002
Commandos 2: Men of Courage is a tactical action/strategy game set against the backdrop of World War II. From the heart of the Third Reich to the most remote islands in the South Pacific, command Sergeant “Tiny” McHale and his elite group of gritty soldiers and utilize their combined expertise to venture deep into enemy territory in an attempt to change the course of the war.

Turok: Evolution

Ships 08/31/2002
Turok: Evolution is an epic adventure of treachery, exploration, and war in a land of lush jungles, suspended cities, mysterious temples, reptile armies, and towering dinosaurs

Snoopy7548
07-31-2002, 04:08 PM
turok is comin in august? sweet. that game looks so awesome. ill probly buy it.:D :)

Zion
07-31-2002, 04:27 PM
Hey, what about Slam Tennis???

wweomaniac
07-31-2002, 04:31 PM
Dead to Rights, NFL 2k3, Street Hoops, Gunmetal <---- games I'll try out.

i'll buy DTR and NFl 2k3.

Snapple
07-31-2002, 05:12 PM
i would say nfl fever 2003 and dead to the rights

GRAVEDIGGER
07-31-2002, 05:40 PM
Nice post faceoff, but without a doubt it would have to be NFL Fever 2003 and DTR.

Untill next time...:mad:

robnyack
07-31-2002, 06:09 PM
oh my god!

I'm gonna go broke this month!

Keltiks
07-31-2002, 06:10 PM
Out of all those I am probably going to buy:
NCAA College Football 2k3

And rent:
Dead to Rights
Street Hoops
Gunmetal
Turok

Expedite_Wrap
07-31-2002, 06:35 PM
hey i thought mech assualt was comming out this month, :mad: i rather play that than gun metal but....I guess i'll try it out

robnyack
07-31-2002, 06:39 PM
am I going crazy or was my post and another's just deleted from this thread?

The only thing each had in common was we mentioned Star War's Galaxies. Is there something wrong with mentioneing that?

EHWfedPres
07-31-2002, 07:56 PM
So far...nothing worth buying.

hook-worm J
07-31-2002, 09:15 PM
Prisoner of War sounds cool. I'll probably try out Dead to Rights.

No Fear 23
07-31-2002, 09:19 PM
isnt dead to rights cell-shaded? is it 1st person shooter?

Xbox Owner
07-31-2002, 09:34 PM
Fever and dead to rights for me..

Originally posted by AloneInTheDark
Dead to Rights and Turok, and Gunmetal for me..but the only problem with dtr is it sounds a little too much like Max Payne

Hey man..i like ur sig alot..but you spelled "Extra" wrong..hehe;)

NomadLLama
07-31-2002, 10:36 PM
Gunmetal and Dead to Rights. hey think about it, that is if you guys ever really do think about price (*cough parents *cough). that's $100. that's about 15 hours of hardwork right there. that's the problem with console games. they are so expensive. i mean computer games are much lower in price after like 2-3 months of initial release. i wonder why that is.

Snoopy7548
08-01-2002, 10:10 AM
gunmetal is only 40 bucks:D

Hugh_Jass
08-01-2002, 12:21 PM
I hope Totalled is as fun as I think it will be. That's all I'm really interested in at the moment.

FuNkY mOnK
08-01-2002, 03:27 PM
Nice post face-off, but I have to be honest; I think the best games for xbox are the launch titles and I hope project ego lives up to the hype or I think my xbox will be cashed in. it has been one disappointment after another thus far and I feel this trend will continue, my only hope is that Seamus Blackly will show innovated stuff before xbox exhausts its life cycle. But none the less I’m very meticulous.

Liquid Gears
08-03-2002, 03:21 AM
Is Stuntman coming to XBox?

robnyack
08-03-2002, 07:14 AM
it has been one disappointment after another thus far and I feel this trend will continue,

hey, let's not forget the RobNyack Rule: 90% of ALL games SUCK. Only 10% will be very good to great games.

This rule applies to all platforms....xbox, ps2, GC, pc.

You just have to weed thru the mountains of crap to find the rare gems. You switch over to ps2, and sure you will have more games to choose from, but the 90% rule still applies. You go over to GC, same rule applies.

I suggest you ride it out with the console that has the most hope of delivering that rare gem.....xbox. Plus, that rare geme on xbox is likely to be better graphics, better sound, better game.

plus, don't forget xbox live......no other console plan can even compare.

faceoff508
08-03-2002, 09:16 AM
Originally posted by Liquid Gears
Is Stuntman coming to XBox?

Not yet, but a lot of people say it sucks.

Afro Aura
08-03-2002, 10:26 AM
Originally posted by Zion
Hey, what about Slam Tennis???
Yeah what about it , I don't think this will warrants a metion

DBXNY
08-03-2002, 01:25 PM
Originally posted by faceoff508

Not yet, but a lot of people say it sucks.

Yeah, Stuntman sucks on PS2. I still can't believe Gamespot gave it such a good rating too.

playmoresoccer
08-03-2002, 07:08 PM
NCAA 2k3
NFL 2k3
Dead to Rights

and maybe:
Turok
Gunmetal

y2kash_14
08-03-2002, 10:52 PM
Originally posted by irule23
isnt dead to rights cell-shaded? is it 1st person shooter?

you are thinking of a game called 13, which will come out summer of next year.

From the list i am probably only gonna check out Fever, DTR and Street Hoops

FuNkY mOnK
08-04-2002, 06:26 AM
Originally posted by robnyack

hey, let's not forget the RobNyack Rule: 90% of ALL games SUCK. Only 10% will be very good to great games.

This rule applies to all platforms....xbox, ps2, GC, pc.

You just have to weed thru the mountains of crap to find the rare gems. You switch over to ps2, and sure you will have more games to choose from, but the 90% rule still applies. You go over to GC, same rule applies.

I suggest you ride it out with the console that has the most hope of delivering that rare gem.....xbox. Plus, that rare geme on xbox is likely to be better graphics, better sound, better game.

plus, don't forget xbox live......no other console plan can even compare.
Your formula seems to be very accurate, but none the less I was being a bit harsh towards my xbox, I would never cash it in, I know the potential of my green power plant.

faceoff508
08-04-2002, 08:30 AM
Originally posted by y2kash_14

you are thinking of a game called 13, which will come out summer of next year.

From the list i am probably only gonna check out Fever, DTR and Street Hoops

XIII is what it really is called. And it will support Xbox Live.

y2kash_14
08-04-2002, 09:04 PM
XIII is basically 13

Stifler
08-04-2002, 09:53 PM
I'll be getting NFL Fever 2003, Prisoner Of War, and Turok.

-Stifler

MerimacHamwich
08-05-2002, 01:35 AM
David Beckham Soccer, Buffy, Barbarian, Prisoner of War, NFL fever 2003, Blitz, Dead to Rights, Commandos 2 and turok are all worth at least a rent in my opinion. I tihnk everyone will be dissapointed with Dead to Rights though.

Liquid Gears
08-05-2002, 01:54 AM
Originally posted by MerimacHamwich
David Beckham Soccer, Buffy, Barbarian, Prisoner of War, NFL fever 2003, Blitz, Dead to Rights, Commandos 2 and turok are all worth at least a rent in my opinion. I tihnk everyone will be dissapointed with Dead to Rights though.

Buffy The Vampire Slayer's gonna kick a$$!!