PDA

View Full Version : More assuring news of ONLINe capabilities of NFL 2k3

wweomaniac
07-31-2002, 04:25 PM
NFL 2K3: Sega VS. EA

Wednesday, July 31, 13:35 | Talon |

Sega of America sent out word today that they’ve moved up the release date for Sega Sports NFL 2K3 to August 13th for Xbox and PlayStation 2, and August 20th for GameCube. The move, while seemingly just another push forward for a highly anticipated game, incidentally puts the game out on the same day Electronic Arts is set to release Madden NFL 2003. NFL 2K3 features online support on Xbox and PlayStation 2, improved visuals over previous installments of the series, and a revamped franchise mode. Expect more on news on NFL 2K3 as it becomes available.

So... 1st of all: Ha ha GameCube.

Now thats out of my system... "online support for XBox"... so far there hasnt' been any official statement from Sega saying that it would support player to player gaming through XBox Live. Gamespot and IGn haven't said anything about XBox Live capabilities for NFL 2k3 in their previews.

the only thing that says 2k3 will support Live gaming was the press statement released when Live was first announced... May 23rd or something. nothin ever since. MS has been focussing on Fever Live support... nothing is mentioned about 2k3 live suport of xbox.com either.

I hope "online support" doesn't mean just putting your stats on the networks top 10 list (like NCA 2k3 :p)

wweomaniac
07-31-2002, 05:18 PM
here's what Gamespot FINALLy had to say about multiplayer online 2k3...

"the PlayStation 2 and Xbox versions of the game will include online support for multiplayer games. "

:: sigh of relief ::

This is the first time that this has been mentioned. I was hoping that they wouldn't pull a NCAA 2k3 by just supporting Live with the ranking system.

DZNUTZ
07-31-2002, 05:23 PM
wwe ..what r u talkin about...its been confirmed forever that it will be online? seriously look anywhere..OLD egm's oxm's....pretty much anywhere.

wweomaniac
07-31-2002, 05:49 PM
Originally posted by DZNUTZ
wwe ..what r u talkin about...its been confirmed forever that it will be online? seriously look anywhere..OLD egm's oxm's....pretty much anywhere. to my understanding... I didn't see it on any sources...

i don't get OXM or EGM, but two big reviews by Gamespot and IGN didn't say one thing about it. sega.com didn't say anything about XBox Live capabilites.

even XBOX.com didn't say anything about it being a Live game.
They talked about other games being live in their reviews... but not 2k3.