PDA

View Full Version : What football game to buy?????

Nerrad529
07-31-2002, 05:29 PM
Hello all, I need some suggestions on a football game to buy for the upcoming season. I never played fever but i heard alot about it. Madden is sos been playin that for years. What do u think I should go with?

Snapple
07-31-2002, 05:33 PM
nfl fever 2003

its way better than madden and blits

Highlite23
07-31-2002, 05:52 PM
I would go with NFL Fever OR NFL2k3, either one will blow Madden away.

robnyack
07-31-2002, 06:13 PM
as an xbox owner, you really have to make Madden your last choice this year.

I think Fever and NFL2k3 are really going to take major leaps forward this year, so this might very well be the year to be jumping off the Madden bandwagon anyways.

I say if you can only get one.....hmmmm, Fever would be mine. I will buy Fever first, but, I have a feeling I am going to end up buying NFL2k3 also.

Strange, I am a long time Madden-backer, but some of the moves they made this year were the last straws. I have not bought NFL2k game since the first one on dreamcast. But, man, the game looks tight this year.

Integra Man
07-31-2002, 06:18 PM
nfl fever madden really sucks! i own it unfortuanltly. but fever is really good

No Fear 23
07-31-2002, 09:23 PM
what about that college football game??

i hear that u can compare ur gameplay stats agains the real stats in the history of college football to see how good u played.

personally, i like college football better than nfl.

Keltiks
08-01-2002, 02:03 AM
NCAA COLLEGE FOOTBALL 2k3. That should easily be the first game you buy.

Chr0nik
08-01-2002, 06:35 AM
Wait for NFL2K3.

Chaotic
08-01-2002, 07:38 AM
2k3

Woocifer
08-01-2002, 07:48 AM
Originally posted by ZGXB
nfl fever madden really sucks! i own it unfortuanltly. but fever is really good

Yeah that NFL Fever Madden is the worst game ever....almost as bad as Mortal Dead or Alive 3 Kombat or Project Gotham Kabuki Racing Warriors.

Sorry couldn't help myself... NFL2k3 will have awesome running play ability, Madden is all the passing game(but is an EA product which we are all having troubles with) and Fever...well its over bloated muscle/fat character models fast paced. I have Fever...I think it's pretty cool, enough for me to like football to play it...which is a task in itself. The animations and such in NFL2K3 look amazing though, so I'm thinking I'll wait and see.

JJaX
08-02-2002, 11:42 AM
I think NFL fever blows.......

robnyack
08-03-2002, 07:46 AM
speaking of NCAA 2003.....wow, what a great game. I was really trying to hold out for Sega's college game, but I snapped and got EA's version a few days ago. I have to admit, great game.

Looks really nice. Commentators are the best I've ever heard. Game play is solid. This is my first venture into the college football game world, and I really like the difference between pro and college games.

Obviously, all the college kids names are left out of the game, so all you get is numbers, but, all the players are editable, including name, and if you look around the web, you can find guys who are selling or giving away NCAA rosters on xbox mem cards. Check ebay for one.

I can't wait for my offseason to see the recruiting mode.

Snoopy7548
08-03-2002, 09:23 AM
Originally posted by AloneInTheDark
I For one like NFL Blitz...is that on xbox?

i think that there is a blitz game coming to the xbox. lol. i think its called like blitz 2003 or something.:)

faceoff508
08-03-2002, 09:32 AM
NFL FEVR 2003 jut got reviewed by IGN. I wonder what it got.

Invalid Name
08-03-2002, 10:00 AM
Presentation
Fully licensed by the league and its players, plus you've got the beloved Hall of Fame and classic teams. The menus even double check your decision making too. 8.0

Graphics
The game still looks good, but upon further review, the players don't move well enough for an NFL game. 8.0

Sound
Commentary still isn't very polished but Colabro helps a little. Surround sound is decent and could be applied much better. 7.0

Gameplay
It's functional and can be fun if you disregard the fact that this is supposed to be a football sim. Serious football fans need not apply because there's little NFL realism here. 7.0

Lasting Appeal
subject to change. As a stand alone game, the franchise and multiplayer game are adequate. The full promise of Xbox Live could boost this score and the overall score. 7.0

OVERALL SCORE (not an average) 7.7

wweomaniac
08-03-2002, 10:24 AM
1) NFL 2K3
2) Madden 2003
3) Fever 2003

No one seems to realize that Fever really sucks. Any real football player or football gamer would realize how bad the gameplay is. The defensive AI sucks (like as bad as inside drive). Everyone is too in love with Micrsoft to realize that. The season mode isn't even that good.

Out of all the games last year, I would say that Madden had the best gameplay and 2k2 had the second best.

Come on guys... has anyone here ever played madden? there's a reason why it's so loved on ps2. There's a reason why this franchise has existed for so long. There's a reason why all the the websites give Madden games 9/10.

I doubt most who say "madden sucks" have played it. Why don't you guys give it a try before critizing it.

I would buy Madden this year if it had Live features... but since it doesn't... I'll go with 2k3.

Comments are welcomed.

wweomaniac
08-03-2002, 10:27 AM
Originally posted by Invalid Name
Graphics
The game still looks good, but upon further review, the players don't move well enough for an NFL game. 8.0

Gameplay
It's functional and can be fun if you disregard the fact that this is supposed to be a football sim. Serious football fans need not apply because there's little NFL realism here. 7.0

OVERALL SCORE (not an average) 7.7
ha.. there you go. IGN says it! if anyone is more hardcore when it comes to Football games.. it would be IGN. There football reviews are right on the dot. After playing all the football games (2k2, fever and madden)... I read the reviews. They seems ot be right on the dot in case of problems and wicked features.

robnyack
08-03-2002, 11:40 AM
if that is the IGN review of Fever, then I am disappointed.

Yes, last's year's version was was not the best football game out there. The defensive AI (the DB's specifically) was bad. You could throw deep all day. The commentary was lacking (but then again, Madden's commentary ALWAYS sucks). And the presentation of the game was not the greatest either.

BUT, it did look very nice, and the dynamic player ratings in the dynasy mode was an excellent concept. The only problem, it was a pain to check out who went up and down on a game to game basis.

So, overall, it was a decent first effort. I never said it was better than Madden. I have been a lifelong Madden fan. Madden 2001 and 2002 on the pc were two of the best football games ever made because it had ONLINE FRNACHISE LEAGUES. The greatest innovation in football gaming since Tecmo football!!!

Madden 2002 was the first madden for the console game I had since the early days of Genesis (I got out of the console gaming racket years ago....got sick of all the kiddie games, and went to being a pc gamer until the xbox came out). I played Madden 2002 way more than I ever did Fever. Madden just was a better game. Fever was cool, but Madden was better. That was the bottom line. However, let's be honest, Madden had some pretty crappy gameplay too. The Madden DBs in 2002 also sucked. You could go deep on them all day long too. Commentary was nauseating.

However, going into 2003, I have a very big beef with EA. They killed the Online Franchise leauge mode on the pc version (and if you have never played in an online franchise league, you have never truly experienced football gaming!), and they opted out of xbox live. Those two things right were the straws that broke my back. Plus, from the sounds of it, Sega and Fever were looking to make major leaps forward this season, while Madden appeared to be standing still (unless you consider adding friggin little party games as an advancement).

So, I had high hopes for Fever and Sega. I still do. Fever supposedly was fixing the Defensive AI problem, and were enhancing the overall presentation of the game. And Sega, well, if you seen the movies, Seaga looks ready to be making a HUGE leap forward.

So, I will still keep Madden #3 on my football list. I will buy Fever and NFL2k3 and hope that oneor both of them kick some major ass and let me forget all about Madden. Madden has needed a good swift kick in the ass for a long time. So here's hoping the kick comes this year.

lllSmokelll
08-03-2002, 02:54 PM
Originally posted by Woocifer

Yeah that NFL Fever Madden is the worst game ever....almost as bad as Mortal Dead or Alive 3 Kombat or Project Gotham Kabuki Racing Warriors.
wtf.....anyways....i go with madden or 2k3....fever was terrible the passing was to easy and the running sucked

cityson
08-03-2002, 03:01 PM
Fever.....Fever all the way. NCAA is crap. Don't buy NCAA.

robnyack
08-03-2002, 07:08 PM
NCAA 2003 is a fantastic game. I see there is a review of Sega's upcoming college game and it is only getting a 7.9 whereas EA's version got a 8.9.

I think I made the right choice.

robnyack
08-03-2002, 07:10 PM
fever was terrible the passing was to easy and the running sucked

I don't get people. Yes, last year, the defensive backs A.I. sucked. But, that's why we have new versions, people so they can fix what weas wrong with last years version.

Madden's DBs A.I. also sucked last year BIG time. This year, they probably have tweaked it, just like Fever will do.

peejay2288
08-04-2002, 07:53 AM
By what I'm reading here's what I think is the order as far as football games on XBox.
1) NFL 2K3
2) Fever 2003
3) Madden 2003
Personally, I was planning on buying Madden 2003 for PS2 all summer until I got my Xbox. Now Xbox does have Madden 2003, but there's no online play (SUX!) After seeing how much fun Halo online was, an "online" football game is a must for me. Here's what I will probablly do. Wait for the release of both games. Rent both games. Play both games. Then buy the game I like most. I will also check out all the reviews. Right now, I'm leaning towards NFL 2K3 because of all the great things I hear about it and the online play. But for now Madden is totally out of the picture for Xbox. I would buy it for PS2, but then I also gotta get that internet/ethernet thingy that goes in the console. (extra $50)
So my choice as of right now is

NFL 2K3!!!!!

Nerrad529
08-07-2002, 03:10 PM
Final decision iam goin with fever thanks for your help all.

cityson
08-07-2002, 03:13 PM
Originally posted by Nerrad529
Final decision iam goin with fever thanks for your help all.

Nice decision. By that, I've came up with a rule....

*Smart ppl Fever.....Dumb ppl NCAA*

CrazyCougar
08-08-2002, 10:22 AM
I'm getting NFL2k3 and will check out their college version but dont think its going to even rate close to EA's NCAA 2003. That is a classic game even if its big brother is madden.