PDA

View Full Version : Enclave Is Sweet

natewebb
08-01-2002, 11:08 AM
I played ENCLAVE for a few hours last night and it was awesome. If it had multiplayer it would be perfect. HALO and ENCLAVE are the best 2 reasons to own XBOX!!!

A lot of reviewers say it's too hard. I'm passed 4 levels and it hasn't been too hard yet. Does anybody know how hard the other levels are (compared to the first 4)??

Reply to self: I'm on something like level 10 now and it's not really getting harder. I admit I played the harbor level 7 times to beat it. The funny thing is thats my favorite level. Pick the hunter and go sniping!!

Most levels take about 3 tries to beat.

Woocifer
08-01-2002, 08:50 PM
I dunno man...I got it and it feels dry. The game seems to be the same thing over and over again, the pace and design of the game don't really flow well enough to draw you into the game. I remember seeing screenshots of this game a long time ago, and all the promises. Well I dont hold it against them for removing the multiplayer and such...but what exactly were they doing all this time? They definitely weren't trying to have the game flow.

It almost feels like a chore for me to play this game just because of the uneasy feeling I get when fighting and moving around the levels. It just doesnt feel like your character has these great abilities... more like just some guy swingin his sword and running around. That's all right...but it just doesn't offer enough to cause the interest to continue and plow through the game.

It's all right...but I don't feel it will get any better than this.

FuNkY mOnK
08-04-2002, 11:25 AM
This game is a must have for the xbox, when you play in first person mode with the s-controller it makes a world of a difference, the save scheme works for me because you just can’t go in gung-ho with swords a blazing, you tend to be more careful in your tactics the second and third time around which adds a bit of strategy. The graphics are top notch and morrowind could have taken some advice from this one. The characters are at a nice poly count with textures to boot, the AI is mediocre and can become a nuisance when ambushed. But once combat is mastered they should be no problem.

Enclave is a breath of fresh air from the stale air that’s been lurking around lately, so go out and buy it I’m sure you guys bought a lot worst then this.

Professor Kaos
08-04-2002, 03:14 PM
by the way u guys make it sound i really want this game, but i need to get some damn cash :(

Spaztic
08-05-2002, 08:58 AM
this game is sweet! I definatly reccomend...this game is a must have!

Duke
08-05-2002, 10:31 AM
I wasn't even thinking about getting this game, but after reading the reviews I'll definitely have to pick it up in the next couple days.

Have a couple games I need to trade in anyway.

Spaztic
08-05-2002, 11:01 AM
Originally posted by Woocifer
I dunno man...I got it and it feels dry. The game seems to be the same thing over and over again, the pace and design of the game don't really flow well enough to draw you into the game. I remember seeing screenshots of this game a long time ago, and all the promises. Well I dont hold it against them for removing the multiplayer and such...but what exactly were they doing all this time? They definitely weren't trying to have the game flow.

It almost feels like a chore for me to play this game just because of the uneasy feeling I get when fighting and moving around the levels. It just doesnt feel like your character has these great abilities... more like just some guy swingin his sword and running around. That's all right...but it just doesn't offer enough to cause the interest to continue and plow through the game.

It's all right...but I don't feel it will get any better than this.

it kinda sounds like you are going gung ho into fights. I was doing the same thing, and felt like the fighting was kinda lame, the trick is to strike then move back, move forward, hit them again, move back, etc....Once you get that down the fights seem to be alot better! Give it a chance, I felt the same way as you until I got the tricks down, and now I can't put the damn game down!

Snoopy7548
08-05-2002, 12:09 PM
lol, the best is shooting those little guys in like the first level with the crossbow. lol. the boss for the first level was so easy though.

consolegamer
08-07-2002, 09:25 PM
I think Enclave is the best Xbox game to date. Even surpassing HALO. Besides, if you get frustrated with the difficulty, go to gamewinners or read my post for god mode and to unlock and skip levels. I think you need that in a game like this. A true masterpiece graphically, gameplay wise and everything a game is supposed to be:cool:

By the way, to get god mode and to skip levels, pause during gameplay and press X Y X X Y Y X Y X X Y Y

THERE'S ALSO A CODE TO UNLOCK THE DARK MISSIONS. Go and get it at gamewinners, cause I don't have it off hand but I used it and it works.