PDA

View Full Version : Tom Clancy games on Xbox...



xboxgamer142
08-01-2002, 12:24 PM
Tom Clancy games seem to be quite popular now a days and Xbox will have Tom Clancy games also of course. But which ones?

At Xbox.com is says that Tom Clancy's Ghost Recon and Tom Clancy's Splinter Cell are coming to Xbox. But are Rainbow Six: Raven Shield and Sum of all Fears coming to Xbox also?

symposiumx
08-01-2002, 12:39 PM
Originally posted by xboxgamer142
Tom Clancy games seem to be quite popular now a days and Xbox will have Tom Clancy games also of course. But which ones?

At Xbox.com is says that Tom Clancy's Ghost Recon and Tom Clancy's Splinter Cell are coming to Xbox. But are Rainbow Six: Raven Shield and Sum of all Fears coming to Xbox also?

I belive they are, but I have to loko more into it for "official confirmation"

Liquid Gears
08-05-2002, 03:03 AM
I really don't like the idea of how Splinter Cell is copying Metal Gear Solid. If it wasn't for Metal Gear Solid there would be any good steath action type games.

symposiumx
08-07-2002, 11:57 AM
Originally posted by Liquid Gears
I really don't like the idea of how Splinter Cell is copying Metal Gear Solid. If it wasn't for Metal Gear Solid there would be any good steath action type games.

I don't understand your logic. Metal Gear simply just came first. Your arguement for not liking Splinter Cell is analogous to saying "I don't like Halo because it's copying the original Castle Wolfenstein".

I mean come on Liquid Gears, they are both stealth/action games, but you can only have one?? That is ludicrious.

Hugh_Jass
08-08-2002, 12:17 AM
MGS is just a modern version of Thief from Looking Glass Studios. They pioneered the stealth game.

Sodacider
08-08-2002, 04:37 PM
Originally posted by Liquid Gears
I really don't like the idea of how Splinter Cell is copying Metal Gear Solid. If it wasn't for Metal Gear Solid there would be any good steath action type games.

I can name 3 games that came before Metal Gear Solid which were more impressive in scope. ;) don't act like it's the first and best.

Btw, the #1 of those is:
X-Com: UFO Defense (Enemy Unknown)

Sodacider
08-08-2002, 04:37 PM
Originally posted by Hugh_Jass
MGS is just a modern version of Thief from Looking Glass Studios. They pioneered the stealth game.

Thief was my #2 :)

BlindSniper
08-10-2002, 06:00 PM
i never liked tom clancy it was boring

y2kash_14
08-15-2002, 05:40 AM
Originally posted by Liquid Gears
I really don't like the idea of how Splinter Cell is copying Metal Gear Solid. If it wasn't for Metal Gear Solid there would be any good steath action type games.

hmm....you dont like Splinter Cell because it is copying MGS......just because it is a Stealth/Action game you already assume that its copying MGS? Isn't Halo pretty much like every other FPS out there? There Can't be only one Stealth game in the whole gaming industry

Tkf5000
08-15-2002, 11:45 AM
metal gear solid wasnt the first stealth game. there were more. and before metal gear solid there was metal gear games for nes. thats how the gaming industry works. games have to be the same. what are we supposed to have 1 fighting game, 1 shooting game, 1 football game and nothing ever copies eachother. the gameing industry would plain suck. it would be a race to finish a game before someone else took ur idea.