PDA

View Full Version : I should play XBox more...

wweomaniac
08-01-2002, 06:54 PM
Quit Halo,
Quit rallisport,
Never really started Morrowind...

My XBox has been unused for a while...

haven't had an XBox party in a month...
everyone is on vacation...

:: twitch ::

going to play basketball...

Magnum Blast
08-01-2002, 06:59 PM
Well you want DTR and that will be out soon. But I agree that summer is a bad time for multiplayer games seeing as so many ppl are away on vacation. And once fall rolls around you wont be bored.

Snapple
08-01-2002, 07:17 PM
yea i know what you mean everyone is gone :(

and go bakc to halo and start playing it:eek: :confused:

man cant wait till march and december(march is my birthday december christmas)then ill get brute force and i dont know the other game:)

wweomaniac
08-01-2002, 07:28 PM
:: wipes sweat from playing basketball ::

thats not really it... I haven't been playing XBox at all for a while. even before summer.

Anyone else stop playing or is the flow constant?

kornavs19
08-01-2002, 07:35 PM
I havent played X-Box for more than about 5 minutes, probably like 3 or 4 months..... Im just honestly gettn bored of it....I ahve other things to do....I play rarely and when i do it aint for long...
Cant wait for some good games....:)

Toonz
08-01-2002, 07:49 PM
Yup we definetly need some more 9-9.5/10 games. So far since launch its been 1 big dissapointment for me. I love HALO and PGR but nothing else has been screaming at me to play it thus far. There's been tons of hype and lotsa games that many people on here really enjoy but my Xbox is getting old real fast. I am praying online will be all they say it will be but I am skeptical. The voice thing has gotta be the most overated part if you ask me. They are saying cellphone quality.......bah if thats the case why isn't there a communication program for my PC that sounds that good while I am playing SoF2 or Counterstrike. I just don't believe the hype

kornavs19
08-01-2002, 07:56 PM
I was goanna make a thread about this a while ago when i firt stopped playing my X-Box but i was afraid of getting flamed, so i didnt... Im glad that someone did do this thread and that im not the only person who hasnt played their X-Box....:)

Snapple
08-01-2002, 08:15 PM
yea i know what you all are saying i have that problem too:(

the games get old and boaring when you play them by yourself every signle day:eek: and its not like i hate my box i love it i just gets old after a while:) all thow i still keep playing it:D

Toast
08-01-2002, 08:18 PM
halos always fun on legendary with a bud.

Expedite_Wrap
08-01-2002, 08:20 PM
i know what your talking about i had the same problem from like march to june, there just wasnt any games, so i stopped playing my xbox and channeled my money back to my first love paintball:rolleyes:, but then morrowind came out and i was in love with that for a long time but then my character got to good and now nothing is a challenge....so i have stopped again

chili325
08-01-2002, 08:38 PM
Originally posted by AloneInTheDark
Why do you quit...that is a waste...200 bucks on the shelf... I dont really think its quiting, but one of the problems with having a new system is that u dont have all the great games available. As u can c, wwemaniac is very involved with games for xbox, look at his sig!!!Games will come. As I recall, u purchased ur xbox pretty recently, so as soon as u start to get bored with current games, u will have the fall line up (drools) to select from.

Expedite_Wrap
08-01-2002, 08:42 PM
true, this fall's lineup is like 100x better than last falls....me also drools....but not even just for xbox, GC is getting the new metroid and ps2 umm is well getting some thing good im pretty sure..ha:D

faceoff508
08-01-2002, 08:51 PM
Just you have to look out . Some of them are gonna back stab you. Meaning they will be a major dissapointment.

Scarlet Spider
08-01-2002, 08:53 PM
nope, i havent played in a long time either

faceoff508
08-01-2002, 08:57 PM
Geuss I am the only person who play Xbox every other day:confused:

Just wait till fall, sleep all day and night in the summer, so you wont have to sleep while playing the Xbox Live all day and night in the fall.

Toonz
08-01-2002, 09:02 PM
Hope your right Faceoff

Slacker
08-01-2002, 09:15 PM
I play everyday , But every system since atari ,hell pong, there are LAGS , There are lags in Nintendo and PS2 also it's just the nature of Gaming , there will be periods of time where it will be slow, Also its summer, hell it's august in a month alot of people go back to school so people are making the most of it,

Come fall though when everyone is gearing up for christmas and the holidays thats when the games come out in force ,

wweomaniac
08-01-2002, 10:25 PM
Originally posted by chili325
As u can c, wwemaniac is very involved with games for xbox, look at his sig!!!thanks for noticing :) it's true... I know everything aboot Xbox (not bragging... seriously... whether it's a good thing or not)... and I haven't quit on it.

I love the XBox... no good games. I have looked at just aboot every game confirmed for XBox. The ones in my sig seem to be the only ones to satisfy me.

Toder
08-02-2002, 04:02 AM
wweomaniac its been the same for me with the xbox. I guess with a summer job and going out and hanging out with friends all the time, I haven't been able to play my xbox that much. And to tell the truth my interest in has gone down alot. But I hope that since i'm moving later this month and will be able to get a cable connection my interest will be sparked again.

FuNkY mOnK
08-02-2002, 06:45 AM
My gamecube keeps my gaming needs busy for the moment not that gamecube is the substitute, it’s because it has quality stuff that makes gaming sense, like, fun to play and addictive, when I need my xbox fix I play munch, pgr, halo, these are fun and addictive and show case the xbox well. But lately developers are finding that anything that brands the name xbox is a winner, BS! Get off your lazy a ss’s ,visuals take you so far.

cityson
08-02-2002, 07:49 AM
How can you stop playin' Xbox? You money is wasted....You life is over!

wweomaniac
08-02-2002, 04:26 PM
Originally posted by cityson
How can you stop playin' Xbox? You money is wasted....You life is over! money wasted? naa... i still have the system... just waiting for games... there are better things to do in the summer anyway.

MerimacHamwich
08-02-2002, 09:08 PM
I find I don't play xbox as much during school but on holidays I am playing it all the time. WWEOMANIAC I think you will be dissapointed with dead to rights when it comes out. It looks a little too arcady. Looks like it will be similair to Sega Dreamcasts Outtrigger. That game got lame kinda fast. However I am excited about the rest of the fall line up. I was excited about Dead to Rights but after seeing gameplay my interest is at 0 in it. Lately I have been playing XboX alot. Especially since we got Enclave.

Calve
08-02-2002, 09:16 PM
Yeah, I only play my XBox when I go to my friends house because he has cable, so I can play Halo on-line! And unlike most people here I don't have broadband and can't get it, :( which means I won't have XBox Live:( . I hope MS doesn't forget us "Offline" people! Right now I'm playing UT over the net quite a bit (I wish I knew I could play on-line a long time ago lol, its so fun) But hopefully XBox will give me a couple games to go crazy over around the Holiday season like N64 did! :)

wweomaniac
08-02-2002, 09:32 PM
Originally posted by MerimacHamwich
I find I don't play xbox as much during school but on holidays I am playing it all the time. WWEOMANIAC I think you will be dissapointed with dead to rights when it comes out. No I won't. geez... I like arcade games! I like a challenge. :)

Xtopia
08-02-2002, 10:40 PM
Get Morrowind...I have been playing that non-stop...it is a must buy. Heck, I am to busy to come around XBA much I play Morrowind so much! That is how good it is!!! Go buy it! NOW!

Seriously...go RIGHT now.:)

wweomaniac
08-02-2002, 11:50 PM
Originally posted by Xtopia
Get Morrowind...I have been playing that non-stop...it is a must buy. erhmmm... Do you actually read the posts or do you just post randomly? I already have Morrowind. It isn't fun for me. Not my type of game... I wouldn't wanna waste my time inside in the summer playing a single player game.

I would play street hoops but it isn't out yet... I'm sorta looking forward to RENTING that game. Until then... I'll do the alternate thing... play basketball at the park.

mrmp3
08-03-2002, 02:06 AM
I've had the same thing happen to me. People are around. It's just people have lost their interest in Halo. I still think multiplayer Halo is amazing even with just one friend. I tried introducing Moto GP still noone wanted to play. Since I'm short on cash, I haven't bought morrowind (which and I played and think is amazing) and I haven't played greats like Blood Omen 2 and JSRF. As for DTR looking like Outtrigger, noone should ever compare a game to that. The one player was almost like training missions and multiplayer sucked just as much. I believe DCIGN gave that game a 9. somethin. I never played online mode but 4 player sucked. With the ability to use your dog to attack and disarm people, the disarm moves, the Navy style executions (I think that's what they are), the adult themed story line, and bullet-time I think that's the game that will get me playing again. I also enjoyed NCAA 2003 a great deal but again, no money to buy it. Right now, I've put my crossover cable to a better use and have been playing LAN games on my 98 SE laptop and XP desktop. Man was that the most complicated **** to do. XP and 98 SE just seemed not to ever see each other and all of a sudden it worked for no reason.

If DTR doesn't interest me (which I strongly doubt), there is going to be at LEAST 1 fall title either from the Xbox Live list or just any old Xbox game like TS2 (played the demo, has the same sound effects as Goldeneye and remixed music, SYSTEM LINK, it's gonna be a must buy) that'll keep me playing forever, and eeeeeeeeeeeeever more. Signing off...

Highlite23
08-03-2002, 02:13 AM
I don't know...I'm up tp 17 games and i play every night before i crash. Still having alot of fun with my system, and i'm excited about the games coming out.

Maybe it's because i was in a gaming droubt before i got my XBOX, but i really am getting alot out of my system.

Sorry some of you feel it's lacking at the moment.

Afro Aura
08-03-2002, 10:20 AM
wweomaniac I'd say take a break get outside bathe in the sunlight, play basketball, football or whatever sport you play be real smooth with the ladies BECAUSE when XBOX Live shows it's ugly face round your corner, you ain't gonna see the outside world anymore, your XBOX is gonna be 24-7:)

wweomaniac
08-03-2002, 10:25 AM
Originally posted by Afro Aura
wweomaniac I'd say take a break get outside bathe in the sunlight, play basketball, football or whatever sport you play be real smooth with the ladies BECAUSE when XBOX Live shows it's ugly face round your corner, you ain't gonna see the outside world anymore, your XBOX is gonna be 24-7:) lol... I don't intend on playing Live too much. even when i was playign XBox, I wasn't playing too much. It comes out in November so no worries.

Whisper
08-04-2002, 12:30 AM
i put in about an hour a day, if i rent a game ive never played before, 3 hours the first day, then its usually beaten :(

i put it in way more time watching DVDz on it. it has more DVD time under its belt than game time

peejay2288
08-04-2002, 07:18 AM
Before I had an Xbox, my main system was the PS2. I only played it like once a month for no more than 15 minutes. Then I got the Xbox and I've been hooked on Halo Online Multiplayer. It's so fun! I can't really relate to the drought of Xbox games because I just got an Xbox and there are great games I haven't tried yet. But I can tell you that Xbox ixn't the only one lagging on games. PS2 is also. The PS2 hasn't come out with a good game since GTA3.

wweomaniac
08-04-2002, 09:14 AM
Originally posted by peejay2288
The PS2 hasn't come out with a good game since GTA3. I think I agree. I really can't think of another game that was outstandingly extraordinary from PS2 after GTA3.