PDA

View Full Version : Aggressive Inline is a great alternative to Tony Hawk

dougi3000
08-02-2002, 01:51 AM
I think this game totally rocks! I got really bored with Tony hawk, since i played them to death, and 100% every single game, with every single character....

This is an awesome game, no 2min timer or stat coins, just experience points, active worlds, HUGE levels, pretty sharp textures, bright high contrast colors, great stuff!

the controls took me about 30mins to an hour to get use to, they are a little different than tony hawk.

If you are looking for an alternative to Tony Hawk, this is it!

Chaotic
08-02-2002, 07:52 AM
Yea i seen this game got some great reviews.

Snapple
08-02-2002, 09:37 AM
it looks dumb on the video for it but i only review a game if i played it:)

DrUnKtAnK
08-02-2002, 10:05 AM
Thanks man, when I see it I'm going to rent it and check it out.

POD13259
08-02-2002, 06:34 PM
I played the demo of it, and it's pretty good. I'm thinking of getting it myself.

nogjedi
08-02-2002, 11:01 PM
man i just bought aggressive inline, and i can say super cool game. it talkes a long time but fun time completing a level. the first level im still on, fun challenges, sweet tricks, sweet game. go get it. NOW. everything is fun. levels are so big. this is a buyuer, dont rent, buy, BUY

hook-worm J
08-02-2002, 11:14 PM
I haven't played the game yet, so I cant make an opinion about it. But I'm wondering something.... I mean, your on rollerblades! How many trick possibilities are there?! just spins and front and back flips? I mean, with tony hawk, you are skateboarding, so you can flip the board, plus spins, manuels, ect. Could someone explain the trick system to me? I want to rent it maybe, but I was just curious how many trick combos there actaully are...

dougi3000
08-02-2002, 11:22 PM
Well it is not about how many tricks there are, it is the gameplay.
hehehe
on rollerblades, it seems that you can only do various ginds, flips, spins, and touching your blades. Doing tricks in this game is quite a bit easier than tony hawk, since you dont really need to do rotations as much as in tony hawk, therefore you can land most of your air tricks.

One cool thing that is not in tony hawk is the ability land on the ground when you fly off the side off a halfpipe without bailing.

Oh yeah, I originally said the levels were HUGE! I take that back.
THEY ARE MASSIVELY HUGE!!!!!!!! After unlocking more parts of level, the level size increased by over 100%!!!!! and Even more challenges are unlocked for the new areas!!!!

Ultra Gigantic Levels!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Frink
08-03-2002, 10:54 AM
Originally posted by hook-worm J
I haven't played the game yet, so I cant make an opinion about it. But I'm wondering something.... I mean, your on rollerblades! How many trick possibilities are there?! just spins and front and back flips? I mean, with tony hawk, you are skateboarding, so you can flip the board, plus spins, manuels, ect. Could someone explain the trick system to me? I want to rent it maybe, but I was just curious how many trick combos there actaully are... Well, just as in Tony Hawk, you do have manuals, and a revert style move (cess slide), a large number of grinds and flips (several variations of all of them). You can also vault and skitch. It adds quite a bit of realism, even to the simple things. In Tony Hawk, if you were to go down a quarter pipe (commonly reffered to as dropping in) you would just fall to the bottom of the ramp. While in Aggressive Inline, you actually "drop in" your skates touch the coping, then your body follows down the transition of the quarter pipe.

Woocifer
08-04-2002, 12:12 AM
I was playing this game today...it is true that the levels are huge and not once did I see the frame rate drop below 60. That is a great thing and I wish it was the norm. Anyway the one thing I didn't like about this game, and it has been asked on here...yes the tricks are very dull and limited.

The only reason they are dull and limited is because its the guys feet...he crosses his feet, grab his ankles...does different leg movements... I'm sure its a great thing when you're actually physically rollerblading and that its damn hard...but really on a video game you can't tell too much of a difference.

Spins and flips are kinda cool, but there isnt enough variation to keep you more than a couple hours interested in what you are doing in the levels. Massive sure, but it kinda lacks after a while because you don't feel you are doing enough variations and mixing the gameplay up at all.

The soundtrack feature is garbage in this game too...you have to change it every time and you have to select the tracks you want and dont want EVERYTIME individually...thats inexcusable. They should be a little more intuitive..

anyway the game was all right, but better than Tony Hawk? I don't feel it is. The few things it has over the Hawk series is the frame rates, the ability to grab onto things and the level size. Other than that I'd say its on par and a little under the game life of Tony Hawk.