PDA

View Full Version : Rallisport Challenge - What Cars/Transmission Do You Use?

Rancey
08-02-2002, 04:02 AM
I was just wondering what car and transmission most people race with, so far I've been going with he Citroen Xsara Kit Car, long gear ratio (most tracks), and a manual transmission for all types of races. What does everybody else thinks is the best to use for the different race types? I am sure there are some people who find a certain car better for ice, a different one for hill climbs, etc....so, what do you use? :)

CRAIG123
08-08-2002, 04:20 PM
I use The ford focus rallycross on everything apart from hill climb, i always use a medium gear ratio, and i use automatic transmission, I use auto because i find its hard enoguh negotiating the tough tracks as it is, without having to worry about the gears. lol :)

hook-worm J
08-13-2002, 01:52 AM
I just got it, so I haven't gotten really too far into the game, right now I am using the Mitsubishi Lancer EVO VI for the rally races. And the Subaru Impreza WRX for the ice races. Medium gear ratio. Auto tranny for the same reason craig mentioned.

btw, how do you turn on the headlights? is there a way? b/c I saw some screens at ign with the cars headlights on.

hook-worm J
08-14-2002, 02:51 PM
Nevermind, I am farther into the game now, I now know that the headlights turn on in rainy/snowy and overcast conditions. I am now using the Citroen Xsara Kit car on the rally races. I've beat every race on career up to the hillclimb events, except for one, where I got 2nd. It was one of the mediterainian races. It didn't matter though b/c at the end of the event (it was the first long event with like 9 races) I was still had A LOT more points than the car that came in 2nd for the whole event. So now I am starting hillclimb, I think I am going to use that grey/black Xbox car with 510 hp, forgot the name of it. That or the blue and yellow one right before it. And for rallycross I'll probably use the Citroen Xsara rallycross car. This game is so fun, and very challenging.

Sharee
08-27-2002, 02:56 PM
How do you get to the case-sensitive driver name... I am trying to put codes in and it is notworking in the driver name.. I dont know what to do.. please help me!! :) :eek:

Xracer
08-30-2002, 05:22 PM
I seem to remember using the peugot cars w/ standard tranny's.
The hillclimb car was smoking , fast easy to handle. I'll post some times when i get back home and see exactly what i was using.

[oXo]
09-12-2002, 09:41 AM
Whenever possible I use the Peugeot 206 since I have great experience in other rally games driving that motha.
Same in this game = fast and accurate;)
But it's great that the car selection is BIG.

I've been tinkering with the special cars unlocking in the credits screen cause I want to drive the RS 200 (0WNAGE !!!) but I can't seem to select it anywhere ...any thoughts?

evil xbox king
09-13-2002, 03:19 AM
I use the Peugeot 306 and the Toyota Whatchamakullit (What-cha-ma-call-it)

Kortiz
09-17-2002, 11:26 AM
i use the Opel sompin or other. great car it is the one with the Xbox written all over the car.

that is my fav. car i use auto tranny all the time and race with whatever it gives me during a race, too hard for me to use MT, and i dont have a racing wheel i can mount on a table, otherwise i would use it. MT i mean

[oXo]
09-25-2002, 10:43 AM
WOW this following car is WICKED : Mitsubishi Lancer Evo 6.5 !!!
It has 330 HP 4WD and handles like a tight dream. Haven't YET tried all the cars but this 1 is worth a try trust me. VERY agressive. And I always use Auto-tranZ since I can't be bothered with shifting gears when all hell brakes loose:D
And with this car it really doesn't cramp it's style since it's a fast sunobabi0tch;) Now go try it out !!!

hook-worm J
09-25-2002, 12:08 PM
Originally posted by [oXo]
WOW this following car is WICKED : Mitsubishi Lancer Evo 6.5 !!!
It has 330 HP 4WD and handles like a tight dream. Haven't YET tried all the cars but this 1 is worth a try trust me. VERY agressive. And I always use Auto-tranZ since I can't be bothered with shifting gears when all hell brakes loose:D
And with this car it really doesn't cramp it's style since it's a fast sunobabi0tch;) Now go try it out !!!

I agree, I like that car, is that the white lancer? I had to use it on some of the pacific tracks because it handled the best. Some of the other cars just slid off the track too easily.

I'm also now liking the Subaru Impreza hill climb and the WRX. Bad ass looking cars and they handle nicely.

[oXo]
09-25-2002, 04:40 PM
Yeah that BAD4SS is mostly white with some sponsor tags on I believe. Just select: Mitsubishi Lancer Evo 6.5 ...you can't miss it. I will try out the Subaru(s) also, but it's hard to let that wild beast go you know?:D :D :D