PDA

View Full Version : Sears Surprise

thedrisc
10-31-2001, 12:15 PM
I went to my local EB store today to pay of my xbox. I was hoping to finally play some of the games but they had no demo machine at all. I then went to Toys r us and they did not have the xbox demo machine turned on. Man was I disappointed. Next I tried sun coast video. Nothing was turned on again. So I walked into sears because I knew they had a dreamcast demo and I figured I would play for a while. Well it was gone and in its place was a fully functioning xbox demo.

I played the interactive munch demo. It looks really good and plays great. The controller is really big but it was comfortable in my hands. After a few seconds I did not even notice the size. I would think some one with smaller hands might not have the same experience I did. It is really designed for bigger hands.

I was surprised that sears did not have any of the other new systems running. No ps2 or gamecube. They only had PS1 and GBA. Also in my travels I did not see any game cube demo machines and only on PS2 demo machine turned on at EB.

l Maximus l
10-31-2001, 12:24 PM
Drisc...that was my experience, too...but, I had no idea that Sears had a demo! I never thought of that! That's great!

When I went to Toys R' Us, I also saw an XBox demo and also played the Munch interactive demo. I realize that this is not the real game, just a demo...but found it pretty fun considering how short it was. This was probably just a tiny taste of what this game is all about. I'm looking forward to it!

I also did see a PS2 kiosk at Toys R' Us, but, no one was playing it and several people were in a huddle around the XBox kiosk. It was great!

There was no GameCube demo...just a TV propped up that was showing a movie of some of the games. No console in sight...just the movie and only two kids watching it....very little kids...probably 4 or 5 years old who were laughing and giggling watching Luigi zap ghosts. I thought it was great to see the kids find joy but, that is no system for seasoned gamers like XBox gamers :cool:

-Max

Xboxmaster2001
10-31-2001, 02:56 PM
i went to sam goody to play it

Plasticman
11-01-2001, 03:29 AM
Sears sucks! They're like Consumers Distributing, they don't update late arrivals. I remember the Eatons catalog being much bigger than Sears. I wonder how they stay in business?? Oh yeah, young men under 18 buy their catalog just to look at women in underwear. Find something that isn't so synthetic.

scarecrow kfj
11-01-2001, 09:18 AM
Actualy sears is losing money and is being sued left and right. they just were being sued from Avon for breaking a contract. Sears is going to stop selling furniture and cosmetics at the end of the year.

l Maximus l
11-01-2001, 11:52 AM
Well, if Sears carries XBox, it appears that Sears is redeeming themselves :D