PDA

View Full Version : Timespliiters OXM Demo

natewebb
08-02-2002, 12:01 PM
Just wanted to see some opinions on this demo. I didn't llike how the wrist moves instead of the body when aiming. Perhaps it just takes a while to get used to. The graphics seemed good but not top notch. After playing the demo I feel less motivated to buy this one.

Woocifer
08-02-2002, 01:36 PM
Same here...flat lookin graphics, boring enemies, bland HUD design(ripped from Bond)... the limp wrist can be fixed by clicking the right joystick in. You lose your crosshairs, but you actually turn instead of giving the guy a michael jackson pose.

It feels like they found an engine and didnt want to tweak it at all. It moves nice and some of the things in it are kinda cool like the motion detector...but the doors and other objects just look very chunky and childish...same with the doorways, they are just over your head...makes no sense.

Not enough to get me to buy it.

FuNkY mOnK
08-02-2002, 08:55 PM
you guys are a tuff crowd, i thougth it was very good, it seemed a little like Golden Eye for the n64, and there's nothing wrong with that.

khaos2005
08-02-2002, 09:06 PM
I can't stop playing the demo. I can't wait until the game comes out.

Highlite23
08-02-2002, 09:11 PM
I liked the demo, i'm sure the controls take a little getting use to like any game. Yes the graphics seem a little sub-par for current XBOX games. But did you notice the disclamer at the begining of the disc??

Reclaimer
08-03-2002, 07:49 PM
Why did they pick this mission to showcase the game? There is nothing here on the demo to make this game stand out. Thanks to this demo alone, I can safely rate this game right beneath 007 Agent Under Fire. I'm sorry. Maybe this is supposed to be a great game with cutting edge graphics. The OXM Fanboy mag had an ad that stated that this game is suppoed to be better than Halo. Well, I played the demo and I think I got ripped off. Where's the Halo stomping graphics? I don't know what the hell OXM is talking about when they talk about how great the game is but they include a very boring demo. Is OXM intentionally shooting down the games they demo? By giving them **** poor demos? I swear if you stop and took 5 seconds to look at the big picture. Read all the hype behind any game in OXM. Play the demo. Is it the same game? No. I know I'm rehashing what I said in a different thread, but it's true. OXM demos give poor representation of the game it is representing when you compare it to all the hype the game is given.

Hugh_Jass
08-03-2002, 08:34 PM
Originally posted by highlite23
But did you notice the disclamer at the begining of the disc??

What did it say?

khaos2005
08-03-2002, 09:15 PM
Originally posted by Hugh_Jass

What did it say?

It said that all demos do not represent the final code that will make up the game when it's released. In other words, the games are subject to change.

It's odd this is the first time this warning appeared.

Reclaimer
08-03-2002, 10:56 PM
I saw that disclaimer.
Basically if they are going to put a disclaimer like that on this disc, that must mean that TS2 must still be in the early programming stages. Gunmetal included. Both games must still be in the drawing board phase. But... Disc 9 was the same situation and there was no disclaimer.
Don't get me wrong. I bet TS2 will be an awesome game. But you'll have to rent it to find out. I think the demo was poorly executed. That's all. Probably all the demos are poorly executed versions of really nice games. Weird though, you can rent a game for about 5 bucks and play it, or you get an OXM from the newstand for around 8 or 9 dollars and play a few low quality demos... Hmmm

Tkf5000
08-04-2002, 10:45 AM
i want to play this game so bad but i think someone stole my august oxm from my mailbox. i dont know, todays sunday, if it doesnt come tommorow it got stolen. i wasnt really hyped about this game nyway. i know its coming out for ps2 so its probly gunna suck, like most multiplatform games. are the ontrols like halo?

studepaber
08-06-2002, 04:02 PM
Originally posted by Reclaimer 343
Thanks to this demo alone, I can safely rate this game right beneath 007 Agent Under Fire. I'm sorry.

Ha that's a good one :rolleyes: AUF was absolute garbage with crappy graphics and crappy controls. I'm mainly getting TS2 for it's multiplayer options and create a map. From what I've seen from movies this game looks to dominate AUF on every level.

Tkf5000
08-06-2002, 05:40 PM
Actually after playing this demo i think te game is a lot better than i was expecting. I will proly buy this game. The thing is the whole game is goldeneye with different peple and levels and guns. actually some gun looked the same, like the shotgun. i think the developers are doing a pretty good job. but the x and b button need some action, like hit and jump.

silvaman
08-10-2002, 05:40 PM
:cool:

Tkf5000
08-10-2002, 05:44 PM
Originally posted by silvaman
:cool:
man what kinda spam is that? its ***ots like u who always come in and mess up xbox addict.

lllSmokelll
08-10-2002, 06:14 PM
did anyone beat it....when i get to the top of the dam it says game over :(

Tkf5000
08-10-2002, 07:58 PM
and u cant finish the level. oce u gte to the top it says demo over. so that means the demos over.

lllSmokelll
08-10-2002, 11:05 PM
Originally posted by Tkf5000
and u cant finish the level. oce u gte to the top it says demo over. so that means the demos over.
it says Game Over...and i didnt even beat all the things your supposed to :(

tooka
08-11-2002, 09:30 PM
those cotrols are a joke
i played for a bit the gun moves so silly
that game is unplayable
halo is super tight golden eye was super tight
turok hopefully will be better

lllSmokelll
08-11-2002, 09:46 PM
Originally posted by tooka
those cotrols are a joke
i played for a bit the gun moves so silly
that game is unplayable
halo is super tight golden eye was super tight
it was fun in my opinion!

Tkf5000
08-12-2002, 09:40 AM
Originally posted by tooka
its been said before, even by gamespot, turok will not be a halo killer. and from what i hear the game will be decent but not great. i feel sorry for that guy camping out 20 days before the games release. i think its gunna be a disapoint.

ps. goldberg, whys there a fat dood in ur sig. what happened to all ur goldberg stuff?

Sodacider
08-12-2002, 03:10 PM

its been said before, even by gamespot, turok will not be a halo killer. and from what i hear the game will be decent but not great. i feel sorry for that guy camping out 20 days before the games release. i think its gunna be a disapoint.

ps. goldberg, whys there a fat dood in ur sig. what happened to all ur goldberg stuff?

Is it possible he meant Turok will be better than Timesplitters 2? ;)

lllSmokelll
08-12-2002, 04:32 PM
fat dude?????
what fat dude?????

p.s.=mec did that!!

Tkf5000
08-13-2002, 12:39 AM
lol that fat dood was funny but now u got a tennis player. that doesnt match all ur goldberg stuff.

ScorpionX
08-13-2002, 01:04 AM
I thought the graphics on that game were.....mediocre :( The gameplay was OK, nothing special, and the aiming was just horrible. I reallt liked the flamethrower though. :)

Overall I give it a 7/10