PDA

View Full Version : Thems figtin words....

Woocifer
08-02-2002, 01:31 PM
Okay seriously for those of you who got the OXM demo disc, I have a question for you.

Remember when we were all told that Kakuto Chojin was going to be one of the most realistic and graphically enhanced fighters ever?

WHAT THE CHRIST HAPPEND?!?!?!

Did you see that sorry excuse of a fighting game on the disc? The two games, kakuto and that fang or whatever game(thats how bad it is that I dont remember the title), on the disc look like utter crap. The animation with the fighters is horrible as well. Kakuto is just trying too hard to use lighting to cover up its jerky movement, its lack of interesting fighting moves and horrible character design.

This game is ugly and jerks more than an epileptic at a rave. They claimed that their musculature would react and flex and move with the bodies. That might be the case but it certainly looks totally disgusting in terms of quality graphical modelling.

I don't think DOA3 has spoiled me because I would rather play other fighting games like Street Fighter or the old Mortal Kombat series rather than these fluffy 3rd rate fist fighting games.

What I do think is DOA3 has certainly givin us the ideology that these companies who are churning out games are doing so without ANY experience in the field. I know you have to start somewhere...but you shouldn't start by saying this will be the best and then hand over a chunk of dirt.

The other fighting game, fang of the horrible or dark ***** or whatever it is called is yet another attempt at trying to make a fighting game work alone on word of mouth. These videos are horrible and I don't understand why you would even attempt a game if you have no idea how.

Is it so hard to realise the quality put into Soul Calibur and DOA and say Tekken? You dont have to like these games in order to appreciate that the way they have been done is in a quality manner.

For a game that has been flaunted by M$ for a while(Kakuto) the footage is more than disappointing to say the least... I don't want another 2 Kabuki Warriors on my xbox thanks.

studepaber
08-02-2002, 01:37 PM
Haven't seen the movie yet, that's too bad though I thought that title looked promising. I guess the next best thing would be Tao Feng then? :confused:

Snoopy7548
08-02-2002, 01:38 PM
i just got my mag today and i havent seen the movies yet. but ive seen movies of kakuto and tao feng on websites, and they looked really awesome. they probly look bad because most movies on the oxm discs are pretty bad quality.

yall
08-02-2002, 02:40 PM
The Unreal movie was choppy as well. I dont think the movies are representative of the overall game quality at release time. I too was looking for more out of Kakuto Chojin, but remember, If the game was finished, it would be on store shelves, so don't take crappy clips from a free disk as an indication of what the final build will be like.

symposiumx
08-02-2002, 03:16 PM
Originally posted by yall
The Unreal movie was choppy as well. I dont think the movies are representative of the overall game quality at release time. I too was looking for more out of Kakuto Chojin, but remember, If the game was finished, it would be on store shelves, so don't take crappy clips from a free disk as an indication of what the final build will be like.

Is that too much to ask that the video quality of DEMO discs AT LEAST represent the game they are previewing?? I understand it not being 100% complete, but some videos are downright sloppy!

as for being " a free disk" , I don't view it that way....I view that part of the $$ I spend on subscription goes to give those people a job - that make that disc. I spend my hard earned money, so I want a decent show on the disc.

we don't let the "paper" magazine side suck, and get away with it, so why are we allowing the DISC magazine side to get away with sub-par effort?

yall
08-02-2002, 03:46 PM
Actually, I think the paper side of the mag does suck. I get the mag strictly for the demos. For 2.50 bucks an issue (or whatever the subscription price is) you get a disk with 3 or 4 demos on it that are usually good for 4 or 5 hours worth of gaming.

Now that I think about it though, the mag itself isnt really that bad either. I just question the validity of the info sometimes. Since they are official, you know some of it is propaganda BS. Like how many times do they keep on saying 'dont count out some GTA version coming to the xbox' when its clear that it wont happen within the next 2 or 3 years.

But other than that I must say I like it overall and look forward to its arrival every month!

symposiumx
08-02-2002, 04:03 PM
Originally posted by yall
Actually, I think the paper side of the mag does suck. I get the mag strictly for the demos. For 2.50 bucks an issue (or whatever the subscription price is) you get a disk with 3 or 4 demos on it that are usually good for 4 or 5 hours worth of gaming.

Now that I think about it though, the mag itself isnt really that bad either. I just question the validity of the info sometimes. Since they are official, you know some of it is propaganda BS. Like how many times do they keep on saying 'dont count out some GTA version coming to the xbox' when its clear that it wont happen within the next 2 or 3 years.

But other than that I must say I like it overall and look forward to its arrival every month!

I do agree with you on a lot of those points. I guess my opinions were clouded over by my lusting for one of the OXM members.
the blond chic (cant rememebr her name)...shes kinda cute looking, but more important is she has a wicked sense of humor (not to mention being a game freak)....oh sweet sweet OXM girl *sigh* (stalker music fading in)

hahahaha

Woocifer
08-03-2002, 10:43 AM
Hahahhaa she's the associate art director...just put the tongue back in your head, I don't wanna see it.

Okay I understand the movies on the demo disc are not the best representations...but if you watch the movies even the fighters move ticky, they are jerky and the game play looks horrible. It moves as fast as a street frighter game or as slow as some garbage 3rd party fighter from the old 3D0. Both fighters on the disc actually dont look all that interesting.

It just looks like a couple crappy fighters...the graphics do not look all that hot but more importantly is the character design, the moves they are doing and the environment they are in. It just looks like a$$.

Evil_Dr_Beefy
08-03-2002, 04:44 PM
I get into this debate with my friends all the time.....dead or alive 3 has spoiled me as well...every now and then a game will come along and raise the bar...as far as quailty goes....dead or live 3 was one of those games. I will not buy a fighting game that's not as good as..or worst than doa 3. If we xbox fans get together and in one voice tell the game companys..."that we won't stand for half @ss rushed and ugly fighters...we want games to push the limits of the xbox..in terms of graphics and smooth gameplay....maybe things will change.

Snoopy7548
08-03-2002, 04:51 PM
dude, you think that these games look horrible? heres some screens:

Kakutou Choujin:

http://www.xboxaddict.com/screenshots/images/5314.jpg

http://www.xboxaddict.com/screenshots/images/5304.jpg

Tao Feng: Fist of The Lotus:

http://www.xboxaddict.com/screenshots/images/5184.jpg

http://www.xboxaddict.com/screenshots/images/5183.jpg

http://www.xboxaddict.com/screenshots/images/5181.jpg

IMO, they look as good if not better than doa3.

Woocifer
08-04-2002, 12:00 AM
Personally I think DOA3 does look better than those screen shots. The backgrounds in these games contrast WAY too much with the characters. Every dark line is bled so deep that it looks a little too rediculous.

But other than their attempt at making these characters look to their top quality, the animation, moves and characters are just silly.

Watch the movies on the OXM DVD and just notice how boring the fights seem, how jerky and cheap the characters move and notice that the texturing on the characters isn't all what it is cracked up to be.

I don't think DOA3 has spoiled us...like I said, I think it has made us realise that we don't have to put up with junk.

I am just hoping Kakuto smartens up, doesn't stay so dark, smooths everything out and is a great game. I'd like to have another great fighting title. But as it looks...these two are pretty poor looking.

GRAVEDIGGER
08-04-2002, 12:46 AM
Well i havent seen the new OXM Demo disc yet, BTW what month demo disc is this on?

Either way i think those screen shots that Snoopy posted speak for themselves, those games look raw as hell. DOA was nothing but eye candy, the thrill didnt last beyond 24HRS i returned my DOA 3 the thrid day from the time i bought it. I think Tao Feng and Kakuto Chojin will have more fun things to do and last longer. And Besides these games are months upon months away from being final, so one cannot cast a final and clear judgement untill one plays a final version of these games.

Untill next time...:mad:

Snapple
08-04-2002, 01:35 AM
okay doa3 is way better in graphics and in fighting play

1.one of those game the charecters are extremmly shinny like they got all oiled up:rolleyes:
2.in one of the games the charecters had like 500 muscles showing on them and i think thats just gross:o
3.on one of the fighting games it looks like it only has 3 charecters:rolleyes: