PDA

View Full Version : An Xbox Excluisive game that will never se the light of day

faceoff508
08-02-2002, 05:03 PM
Microsoft has resigned a contract to develop a title for its Xbox console for release early next year. The termination of one of Argonaut's Xbox games has had its new-found grip on profitability tested.

Argonaut released an update on trading for the year ended 31 July 2002 saying:
At the end of July 2002, the Group was informed that Microsoft had decided to terminate the confidential Xbox project being developed by Argonaut. This will have a moderate impact on the Group’s results for the year ending 31st July 2002. The key problem with this project was the lack of a shared vision of the game’s design between Microsoft and Argonaut. The development agreement was signed prior to the introduction of the Group’s current project management systems, which have been implemented in part to avoid this lack of design clarity.
--------------------------

Damn, I wanted to know what they were making. It could have been a very good game. Or maybe not.

Toonz
08-02-2002, 06:06 PM
Being that I have no idea what kinda game it was I won't miss it lol

Snoopy7548
08-02-2002, 07:03 PM
maybe it was Orchid. http://www.argonaut.com/orchid.asp because the only games Argonaut has coming out for the xbox is orchid, malice, and swat:global strike team.

Knight
08-02-2002, 07:15 PM
Originally posted by Snoopy7548
maybe it was Orchid. http://www.argonaut.com/orchid.asp because the only games Argonaut has coming out for the xbox is orchid, malice, and swat:global strike team.

It's not Orchid, it was a game microsoft has not showed off yet!!

faceoff508
08-02-2002, 07:24 PM
Originally posted by Snoopy7548

However it is worth noting that the development of other Xbox games like 'Malice', 'SWAT', 'Orchid' and 'Kung-Fu Chaos' from Argonaut's subsidiary, 'Just Add Monsters' are on plan.

DOOM
08-02-2002, 08:39 PM
Originally posted by faceoff508
Microsoft has resigned a contract to develop a title for its Xbox console for release early next year. The termination of one of Argonaut's Xbox games has had its new-found grip on profitability tested.

Argonaut released an update on trading for the year ended 31 July 2002 saying:
At the end of July 2002, the Group was informed that Microsoft had decided to terminate the confidential Xbox project being developed by Argonaut. This will have a moderate impact on the Group’s results for the year ending 31st July 2002. The key problem with this project was the lack of a shared vision of the game’s design between Microsoft and Argonaut. The development agreement was signed prior to the introduction of the Group’s current project management systems, which have been implemented in part to avoid this lack of design clarity.
--------------------------

Damn, I wanted to know what they were making. It could have been a very good game. Or maybe not.
Hmmm, Where Did You Get That Info?
GOT A LINK!!!:p

Duke
08-02-2002, 08:54 PM
I read it over on TXB. I'm guessing the game couldn't have been that great. After all, if MS thought that it would be a big seller, I doubt they would have canceled their contract.

Who knows, maybe it was. I sure don't agree with MS about everything.

Slacker
08-02-2002, 11:10 PM
DukeBuckhorn

Hey I noticed your from SC I grew up there its an alright Town I went to Del mar when it was a Middle school and went to highschool at the Ark , I haven't been there for awhile So how is SC doing??