PDA

View Full Version : NCAA 2003 Dynasties

robnyack
08-03-2002, 07:55 AM
Anyone else got some dynasty info they want to share?

This is my first season, and I am playing with default settings. I think I will have to either move up to the next hardest level or adjust the slider settings at the end of this first season. I got all the Big East rosters off of the web, and have edited in most of their names.

I am in my first season as head coach of the Syracuse Orangemen. In order to keep the university happy, I have to be in the top 20 2 out of 3 years, win the Big East once in 3 years or win a national championship.

So far, I am 7-2 and close with the 3 hardest games of the season....Va Tech, Boston College, and [gulp] Miami. I am currently ranked 32nd in the nation, and all 3 of those teams are ranked higher, with Miami being a dominating #1 in the country.

I am slated for the Gator Bowl at the moment (doubt I will be if I lose one of the final games) vs Florida State University.

My QB, RJ Anderson is excellent as is my HB, Reyes and my WR Morant. No players are currently up there for any season awards though. :mad:

I can't wait for the offseason so I can see how the recruiting and scheduling goes. I hope it's as good as the rest of the game!

POD13259
08-03-2002, 01:06 PM
All right! A Syracuse fan! Sweet!

robnyack
08-03-2002, 02:01 PM
my home town! :)

POD13259
08-03-2002, 02:28 PM
No kidding. What part of town?

robnyack
08-03-2002, 07:12 PM
POD,

actually, my home town is Fulton, NY. About 25 minutes north of Syracuse.

ash
08-04-2002, 12:33 AM
I'm already in my third season with Notre Dame.
The recruiting period is very cool.
you have to map out 5 weeks of visits and phone calls.
I can't seem to get any top talent to come to my school.

I did make it to bowls my first two seasons (1-1)
I edited my schedule to play all top 25 teams this season (i'm 0-3)
I have to play Texas, Miami, Michigan, Michigan St, Flor ST, Washington, Stanford, Penn st, and Syracuse-ouch!
I've changed my stratigies to try to atract some qb's and wr's, but no luck.

BTY I play on All-american level

this game f-ing rocks

ash
08-04-2002, 01:26 AM
oh yeah, every year your new recruits have names and corso and nessler actually announce them. They aren't real players, but you don't know who the future college stars are anyway...

Marc
08-04-2002, 05:23 AM
I've been playing with Clemson on Heisman difficulty and default everything else. I added Texas and Tennessee to the schedule so that I could get up in the rankings. I had to go to Texas, Tennessee and Florida State all in a row. I won the games 28-14, 20-17, and 10-0. Right now I'm ranked 10 in the nation with a 6-0 record. I'm in 2nd on the bowl rankings though. I can't wait to start recruiting, but I have to finish the season first. I'm tempted to buy Madden so I can import my players from NCAA to the NFL. Oh yeah, Clemson's kicker SUCKS. I can't wait to recruit a good kicker.

ash
08-04-2002, 11:29 AM
sounds like you're kicking some a$$-

This is my first football game for xbox (i've rented the others but), and the controls are a bit different.
I find myself pressing the button where it would've been (on ps2) causing passs to wrong players and other headaches.
Because of this I'm not that disappointed about EA not being online.
I can now spend a whole season fine tuning my game before seriously challenging online.

I'm gunning for you next season!

good luck dude

robnyack
08-04-2002, 11:44 AM
Just finished my season. A very disappointing ending. As I noted, I was 7-2, ranked 28th with 3 games against higher ranked teams left.....VaTech, Boston College, and Miami and penciled in for the Gator Bowl. I was hoping I would be able to take 2 of 3 of my last 3 games and finish in the top 25 and get a good bowl bid.

Lost to Va Tech 35-31 in the final seconds. Killer game. Tech offense mighty potent.

Beat Boston College pretty handily.

Got TROUNCED by Miami. Wow. Dorsey and those WRs were just way over my head. My boys were lefted stunned.

So finished up 8-4 and was reduced to playing in the Insight.com Bowl. But, I had to play #14 Oregon, so there was definate incentive to play and win for one last shot at the top 25. Shut down Oregon's running game, but their passing attack was very potent. They riddled my secondary for 395yds passing. SU was chasing them all day and was forced to pass all day. Anderson, QB ended up with 385yds passing 2TDs and 4ints. 4 interceptions in the end zone. Unbelievable. Oregon 31- 17.

Finished the season 8-5 ranked 38th in the nation. Did not meet any of my contract goals.

Offseason is EXCELLENT!. Loved the recruiting mode. Ended up with 25th best recruiting class. Not bad, I guess. Just finished training mode. I like that. Had some nice improvements on some of my guys.

Season two just around the corner.

great game.

POD13259
08-04-2002, 02:05 PM
Fulton, huh? Well, close enough. I'm from East Syracuse, like I had put in my Location *points to left* but now, I think I like this one better.

CharlieHustle
08-04-2002, 02:21 PM
I just finished my frist season with the CANES. I won the national championship(All american settings). I pretty much breezed through the season, the recruiting season is almost as fun as the regular season, while you are spending recruiting points for a blue chipper, then he signs to another school, that sucks soo bad. My recruiting class was rated 15 in the nation. My second season, i scheduled all games against top 25 schools, and i also thew notre dame(missed that rivalry) on my schedule. My school was preseason ranked #1 only person who left worth mentioning was Dorsey and Sands. I whipped arkansas(ranked 22) 24-7 in my first game, so, im gonna turn my settings to heisman to get some comp. I hope sega sports did their homework with their game because this game is solid. Did anyone noticed the in bowl games, the players have the bowl logo patch on their jerseys?? Thst is tight.:cool:

ash
08-04-2002, 06:10 PM
I think I'm going to start over.
3 winning seasons (2-1) in bowls (np bcs), but my recruitibg sucks. My classes get weaker and weaker.

I'm going to start over and do two teams....
1- Notre Dame
2- Penn St

I'm not sure if you can do two at once or if they have to be two separate dynasties....
to be continued...

Marc
08-05-2002, 04:33 AM
After I beat Florida State the rest of the season should be honey. The only way I beat them was to hold the ball and milk the clock. I held the ball for 18 minutes and 36 seconds. I would have held it for 19 minutes and 32 seconds, but my dumbass halfback fumbled the ball with about a minute to go. It looks like I'll be playing Miami in the Fiesta Bowl if I can get through the rest of my schedule. The funny thing is, I'm ranked 6th overall, but in the bowl points thing I'm ranked 2 and slated to play Miami. I hope it holds up. I'm looking forward to recruiting and hoping a national championship brings in the recruits.

robnyack
08-05-2002, 09:54 PM
I am on a 5 year plan to take SU to the national championship. I am not really interested in taking a team that should be national champs and making them national champs. What fun is it to take Miami and be #1? You are supposed to be #1!!

My friend went much more extreme, than I, he has taken Rutgers and has a 7 year plan to take then to #1. Now that I have to see!

POD13259
08-05-2002, 10:12 PM
lol...Even on the easiest mode, that's still kind of hard...

CharlieHustle
08-07-2002, 10:59 AM
Originally posted by robnyack
I am on a 5 year plan to take SU to the national championship. I am not really interested in taking a team that should be national champs and making them national champs. What fun is it to take Miami and be #1? You are supposed to be #1!!

My friend went much more extreme, than I, he has taken Rutgers and has a 7 year plan to take then to #1. Now that I have to see!

Some of us are Hurricanes fans, and its against the law to play with other teams. :mad: Anyways, my first year was pretty much a breeze cuz my team had a lotta talent on it. But my recruiting season was garbage, and i will have very few talent after my second season. BTW i lost my 3rd game of the season against Colorado, and i mean an ass whippin. But now im ranked second in the polls, and 3rd in the BCS. If by the end of my 3rd franchise season, and im rackin up a ton of wins, i will switch teams, hell i cant even get an all american from my team. i believe that i still have a lot to learn, and when my talent depletes, it will get interesting.

CrazyCougar
08-07-2002, 11:53 AM
Well I am coning towards the end of my second season. I took Pennstate and University Of Louisiana - Monroe as my 2 teams. Botht teams finished with a bowl bid at the end fot he first season. ULM played in the New Orleans bowl and Penn State played in the Rose Bowl. As it stands right now, PSU is ranked #2 and ULM is #13 in Week #14. ULM still has 2 opponents to play against "weaker" opponents. So we'll see if they get a better bowl game. They are set for the New Orleans bowl again :mad: , at 8-1...hmm doesn't seem quite fair. And PSU is slated to go against Tennessee for the championship. We'll see what happens.

As for my recruiting, I got an awesome TE for PSU. He has 24 TD's and 1300 yards for me in his freshman year. NO red shirt for him!!! And also ULM actually signed a 5 star QB by them name of Cooley. I couldnt believe it!! Both teams are on their way to some dominance I believ. Guess I'll have to step my level of play up eventually, but not until I have the 2 face each other in the National Championship...hehehehe! That way I am guarantedd..LOL!

By the way, for those wondering, ULM is in the Sunbelt division. :D

robnyack
08-07-2002, 12:04 PM
charlie,

understood. i got no problems with that. as long as we are having fun! ;)

I am 2-0 in my second season now, playing pretty good ball so far. I started the season ranked 38th, beat 24th ranked Michigan, and 35th ranked Toledo. I am now ranked 19th and 21st. Highest ranking I've had yet. So, a good start.

I really tried to redo my secondary in the offseason. It was not that good, and really got torn up by good passing teams. I think I mentioned I had the 25th best recruiting class. Not too bad, but was not as good as I had hoped. Only 3 blue chippers. So far, so good though.

cougar,

nice job with ULM. out of that division known for it's toughness...the ol' Sunbelt Conference. ;)

CrazyCougar
08-08-2002, 10:29 AM
Well just finished season #2!!!!! And wouldn't you believe it there is controversy already. PSU is protesting the bowl ranking system. Week #14 was my final game for PSU which they won against Michigan State 35-24. They were ranked #2 and ended the season at that ranking. Well come the end of the seasona nd final bowl bids are announced. The #3 Team Colorado beats me out for the National Championship bowl against #1 Tennessee. I was 12-0!!!! Needless to say Joepa was not very happy!!!! And neither was I!! Darn bowl voters!!!

Anyhow ended up losing to Washington in the Rose Bowl, meanwhile University of Louisiana-Monroe wins their second bowl bid at the New Orleans Bowl. They ended the season ranked #12.
Offseason sucked. PSU had the 8th best recruiting class while ULM came it at #70. But I didnt get some key players that I needed for both teams. The next season ought to be very interesting. Both of my teams now halve half a roster with actual named players. Kewl!

I will start the 3rd season at this ranking : PSU #6 and ULM #10.

Here we go!!!

Marc
08-09-2002, 03:49 PM
I just completed my first season with Clemson and won my first national title! I changed the schedule and added texas and tennessee to make the schedule harder. Florida State and Tennessee were my toughest games, 10-0 and 20-17. The main reason I'm so happy about it though is that Miami had me beat in the Fiesta Bowl national championship game. They were ahead because they took the lead 14-13 with 50 seconds left in the game. I threw a couple of 15-20 yard passes and hit a lucky 54 yard field goal as time expired to win 16-14. The only thing is, I got the coach of the year, Fiesta Bowl trophy, and national championship, but no ACC trophy. I know I won it, but it doesn't show up in the trophy room, so that part sucks. Anyways, I'm pretty happy and about to start my off season.

Marc
08-09-2002, 03:51 PM
One other thing, I was ranked #4 in the coach's poll, but 1 in the bowl rankings. At the start of the game it showed Miami as #1 and me as #4. Weird...

CrazyCougar
08-09-2002, 04:58 PM
Looks like some great dynasty stories coming out of this game. Keep it coming guys, I love reading what you guys are accomplishing. I'll let ya know what happens after my third season is complete. ULM and PSU won their first games ranked at #10 and #7. So will beinteresting to see if I can get a ULM, PSU national championship game. But who will I take in that game!!!! LOL!

Marc
08-10-2002, 05:29 AM
I'm into my 2nd season, but my recruiting sucked. I supposedly had the best draft class, but I have holes in the offensive line and running back positions, not to mention my secondary. My first three games were at Oklahoma, Notre Dame and Nebraska. Oklahoma was ranked 1st when I played them and I was 7th. I beat them 49-24 just because I threw the ball so much and was able to stop them some. My ranking shot up from 7 to 1 after that game. I beat Notre Dame 41-7 and Nebraska 38-3, so all I have to do now is beat FSU and the loser teams in the ACC and I should have my second national championship. We'll see. I had a ton of people interested in coming to Clemson, then they mostly signed with other schools. The RB and T positions are killing me. My QB gets sacked like ten times a game. I'm playing on Heisman level, so maybe that's why recruiting was so hard.

robnyack
08-10-2002, 07:32 AM
SU is now 7-1 in my second season and I'm at an all-time high in the rankings. Ranked 11 and 15 in the country. Very exciting. :D

My freshman WR is awesome. He leaped right into the starting lineup and I now have Morant and this guy (tally) tearing it up along with Reyes, my HB who just squeeked in this week in the "best RB" category!! :eek:

I am currently penciled in to play in the Orange Bowl.... WOO- HOO
However, with 3 games to go, (one of them miami), it could all be flushed down the toilet with one bad day on the field.

Despite how good I'm doing this season, my secondary SUCKS. Does anyone else have this problem? Teams just rip apart my secondary. I am consistantly giving up 300+ yrds passing. I thought maybe I was just playing some great passing teams, but when Temple shredded my secondary, I had to take a closer look. The Temple QB has a 68 rating!!!!! That is not shredding material in my eyes. My secondary is average, at best, but, I did add a freshman stud CB and I seem to have gotten worse, not better.

How's everyone else doing in their secondary?

CrazyCougar
08-10-2002, 05:36 PM
So far I have 12 picks in for my team. I'd say about 7 of those are the secondary and I am in week 7. But there are times that i do get burned , mostly because I go for the ball and not the receiver. Next thing I know he's past me and running downfield. On average I give up 240 yds toall offense per game. So yes there are games i get toasted left and right and then there are games I don't . I did get a freshman by the name of Buchanon, he's now a sophomore, and his career toal INT's is 8. 5 his freshman year and 3 so far this year.

BTW, did you guys ever get the on screen display "User Pick". i think this happens when the user actually intercepts the ball without CPU help. I have seen it about 3 times. It displays at the bottom of the screen "User Pick" at the instant of the INT. Is there anywhere I can see how many INT's that I, the user, actually picked?

Well off to play some more NCAA!!!! Getting the urge for NFL now!! Come on 2K3!!!

robnyack
08-10-2002, 07:23 PM
cougar,

yea, I got that "user pick" for the first time the other day. I was wondering if maybe that's what it always says, but I just never noticed it.

Alot of my getting burned has to do with me trying to switch to my lineman or LB who is just about to get to the QB. I like to switch to them and dive to try and make sure I get the QB. Problem is, many times when I do that, instead of switching to the guy closest to the QB and diving, I end up switching to the defender of the guy the ball has just been thrown to and I make him dive. Receiver catches the ball, I'm lying on the ground, and it's 6 points for the bad guys :mad:

gotta work on that.

just bought the controller S. I think I like it.

Marc
08-10-2002, 10:26 PM
robnyack: I used to do that dive thing all the time. I still do it occassionally. No way to stop but concentration. If I'm not careful I find myself diving all over the place.

I got a 5 star FS, a 5 star QB (scrambler), a 5 star center, a 5 star corner, and two 5 star outside linebackers that are red shirted. I had to start my 5 star RE immediately. I still have serious issues with the tackles, guards, and running backs. No talent and no redshirted people to help next year. MY MLB is a freshman and he sucks, so my senior OLB is playing middle this season. I had a ton of guys who were "interested" in Clemson, mainly a running back and two tackles, but they didn't sign. If I can finish the season winning with my QB, I should be set for a while if I can fix those holes.

robnyack
08-12-2002, 09:42 PM
9-1 now, ranked 9th and 10th in the country.

playing much better on D last couple games. Just played Va Tech (6-2, ranked 23rd) and blew them out 42-0. My first shutout. Held them to a total of 147 yards offense. Nice.

Game before that, stuggled to a 21-14 victory against Rutgers(!!), but still, D was pretty solid. So, D is playing better. Mainly because I have made a solid effort to NOT switch to the guy who is just about to get to the QB. Too risky.

Reyes, my junior HB, is now 2nd in the Heisman ballots!!!!! He has much better numbers than the 1st place guy (HB from Ohio St). I have 200 yards more rushing yards and 3 more TDs than the OH St guy!! I guess the prestige of OH St is keeping him in first place.

I got Miami (#12, just had their 2nd loss...damn!) and Notre Dame left.