PDA

View Full Version : OXM 10 article: "If we could design Halo2"

Reclaimer
08-04-2002, 12:18 AM
How many people actually read the article in OXM 10 about if OXM could design Halo 2. Now, how many people who read that article, actually think the ideas they mentioned where worthwhile?
What would you include in Halo2? What would you change?
I didn't really like any of OXM's ideas except for the smoke grenade. I would dig the option of using sabbot slugs in the shotgun instead of buckshot. Like how you can change between grenades. What else?

Snapple
08-04-2002, 01:45 AM
i read it nd there was some pretty funny stuff in there:D

the tiger take oooo my oooooooo my:)

they also did come up with neet ideas

Reclaimer
08-04-2002, 01:55 AM
Sorry Xboxfan38, I'm not intentionally following you around the forums posting after you.

I forgot about the tiger tank. That was classic. But seriously, I just felt like some of the stuff was useless like the flash of bright light gun or the toxic cloud of death bomb. They "borrowed" from Duke Nukem 3D- the hologram-self. I felt some of that doesn't belong in a game like this. I'm not exactly a Halo purist, but some things are just plain silly and don't belong in the story of the game. Though the single greatest idea was the being able fly the Pelican. But maybe they should make a human version of the banshee instead. Something smaller.

Young_Fledgling
08-04-2002, 10:31 AM
yes they should not get carried away.... it is supposed to be a pretty realistic game... lets not add in crap guns that are like all fake... i like realistic and obviously almost everyone else does if it is selling so good.

Snapple
08-04-2002, 02:02 PM
thye did have some very stupid ideas like the tiger tank

but some ideas were pretty neet like the microwave gun and flash:)

but we wouldnt need a but load of grenade like omx put

Reclaimer
08-04-2002, 06:49 PM
but some ideas were pretty neet like the microwave gun and flash
I don't think they'll fit in a war game.
The microwave gun is sort of real. There is a working tool that uses soundwaves to disorientate rioting crowds. It's vehicle mounted and it just rolls up to the riot unleashes the sonic pulses and everone pukes and craps themselves. The police then come in and hoses them off and handcuff them. This tool is still in prototype phase and there is no current deployable model.

Now saying that, I don't think this would be a good idea for Halo2. You have enemys after you and you want to make them poop? No way. We're a killing a machine. Not some tree hugging I want less then lethal weapons because it won't kill people.

The flash gun, no way dude. We're here to kill aliens. Not be nice. If you want to make an escape from a bad situation, that's what a few grenades are for.

I'm not sure what they're paying those people at OXM to do.
I mean if you're going to cash in on the future of the biggest current Xbox game, might as well to a good job right? Not just fill a bunch of pages with half-assed ideas.

X-Factor
08-04-2002, 08:57 PM
There should be bots in Halo 2, so you can play multiplayer by yourself, and have the ability to chose options for the bot/s.

shrew king
08-05-2002, 07:52 PM
i think a flashbang grenade would be pretty tight, think about it, you throw it in a room, the covenant are holding there hands over their eyes and on the ground (put some pepper or somethin in the grenade:D ) and then you run in and gat their asses. does that sound so bad?

I think the ability to climb would be pretty tight, climb the side of a cliff, throw on a camoflauge, and snipe.

A SILENCER! for the hand gun it'd be tight azz to have a silencer so you can be stealthy and not alert all the covenant (or whatever enemy we face) it'd be useful for taking out the sleeping ones without waking the others (screw punching em)

Spazmatik
08-05-2002, 07:57 PM
Alrighty I have been thinking about this for a while, and have a few thoughts for weps, new levels, and transportation:cool:. For new weapons I thought of definately the flame thrower, remote mines and granade launchers. I was thinking the granade launcher becuase I loved in Bond 007 for the 64 the bank bank shot, where you could bank it off like 2 walls and get it to land right beside your opponet. Anyways, I also thought for transportation it would be cool to have like some kind of marine boat and it have a couple turrets on it or something like that. Another thing would be a human helicopter to equal the banshee. Now my final ideas were that of multiplayer levels. I think it would be fun to have like 2 islands that are the same distance away as the 2 blood gulch bases. On these islands would be a red and blue base of course and also like the blood gulch has wart hogs the islands could have these new marine frigit type boats. It would be amazing for capture the flag, jumping on the boat with 3 other friends and pinning it through the water to the other base with turrets a blazing. or a level in the sky lol and you can use the helicopters and so on. Meh just some ideas I had thought of, feel free to comment on them lol.

Spaz

shrew king
08-05-2002, 08:23 PM
Another thing, wouldnt it kick ass to be able to play missions for each race? like you could be a Covenant Scout for your own set of missions, Master Chief for a set of missions, and Some kind of Flood or whatever enemy they have in Halo 2 for a set of missions? all in the same story, it'd be kickass i think.

chickenmunky
08-08-2002, 06:40 PM
Personally, I think that most of their ideas sucked!