PDA

View Full Version : should i buy enclave or gunmetal??

Snoopy7548
08-04-2002, 05:24 PM
i have like 400 bucks, and i wanna buy a game. i cant decide between enclave or gunmetal. i rented enclave, and im on the 3rd level. its soooo fun. how long is the game???:)

thebruce
08-04-2002, 05:43 PM
Originally posted by Snoopy7548
i have like 400 bucks, and i wanna buy a game.

hmmm... don't you think you could buy both?

Snoopy7548
08-04-2002, 05:45 PM
lol, yea. but im saving my money for a car, so i should probly only buy 1 game. and i was really excited about gunmetal, but then i played the demo, and i didnt like it that much. but i found a place online where i can buy enclave for 40 bucks (includes shipping and handling):D

MerimacHamwich
08-04-2002, 06:58 PM
Well... Seeing as you didnt like the way gunmetal was coming along and you really like enclave I would say buy Enclave. I love Enclave. I am on the Seventh Local. The one on the coast. I guess it would be level 10 or something. I think I am halfway through the light campaign. It is taking me a while to beat. We have had it for 3 days now. I havent played Gunmetal but I highly recommend Enclave. I won't reveal what characters you unlock in which order but some are hella fun to play as.

faceoff508
08-04-2002, 06:59 PM
Originally posted by MerimacHamwich
Well... Seeing as you didnt like the way gunmetal was coming along and you really like enclave I would say buy Enclave. I love Enclave. I am on the Seventh Local. The one on the coast. I guess it would be level 10 or something. I think I am halfway through the light campaign. It is taking me a while to beat. We have had it for 3 days now. I havent played Gunmetal but I highly recommend Enclave. I won't reveal what characters you unlock in which order but some are hella fun to play as.

I hear the rock character is the best to use.

Snoopy7548
08-04-2002, 07:01 PM
i just have a question. when u beat the game, and unlock the dark campaign. you can play as the enemy. but when youre the enemy, do you do the same exact levels as when youre the good guy? like, is it the same levels, but youre just the enemy?

Highlite23
08-04-2002, 07:06 PM
Well i agree with you...the Gunmetal Demo didn't do a thing for me, but i bought Enclave and i'm having a blast.

So i guess it's obvious.

faceoff508
08-04-2002, 07:10 PM
Originally posted by highlite23
Well i agree with you...the Gunmetal Demo didn't do a thing for me, but i bought Enclave and i'm having a blast.

So i guess it's obvious.
Then why did the reviews hate it so much:confused:

Snoopy7548
08-04-2002, 07:13 PM
yea i know. like all of the websites, gave it like a 6 at most. i have no idea why. its such an awesome game. g@yspot gave it a 6 i think

wweomaniac
08-04-2002, 07:30 PM
I'm going to say GUNMETAL...
that's all I'm gonna say.

I gtg now to eat dinner.
I thought I'd just reply to this post.
Give you my arguement later.

Highlite23
08-04-2002, 09:21 PM
Originally posted by faceoff508

Then why did the reviews hate it so much:confused:

Don't really know, lately the games i end up liking rank low and the ones i don't care for rank high. On occasion i agree with some reviews, but lately i just get what perks my interest and find out for myself.

Of course we all have different tastes so i don't expect that my opinion should be the last word on any game.

Spaztic
08-05-2002, 08:32 AM
...ok my first impression of enclave wasn't good, this weekend I started to play it more and I got a handle on the game! It is freaking awsome! I would definalty reccomend it! It is going to last forever and the games is really challenging...which I like...I haven't noticed the extremely hard play that the writers of the gamespot review, are talking about....though I haven't made it far!

yall
08-05-2002, 10:14 AM
I too am enjoying Enclave. I'm on the 5th level. Its hard, but not impossible. So far I think its a solid game.

On another note, I highly reccomend the game pass at blockbuster. I got it this weekend and its a sweet deal. You get 2 games for 30 days for 20 bucks. The kicker is you can swap out whatever games you want, however often you want over the 30 days. Want 2 games for 30 days? Done. Want 60 games for 1 day each? Done. I plan on getting this every month. My first 2 game swith this deal were Enclave and 007. Both are much better than the reviews they got.

Snoopy7548
08-05-2002, 10:59 AM
i made up my mind. im gonna buy enclave tomorrow. ill probly go down to circuit city and get it. i found a place that was selling it for 40 bucks online, but the shipping was like 4 bucks, and the handling was another 5 bucks. so, thats a ripoff. it'll cost the same to just go out to the store and buy it, and it will take less time. and i didnt really like gunmetal. when i heard about it, i was so excited. but when i played the demo, i didnt think it was so good. on my second try, i beat the demo, it was so easy. i think that enclave will last me a long time, since it has both the light and dark missions or whatever. and its really fun:D

LTM360
08-05-2002, 11:02 AM
I couldn't say Enclave, or Gunmetal, I havnt played any of them, except the demo of Gunmetal, and I have to say I really liked it. but anyways, Game Informer mag. gave Enclave a 7.5 / 10. Not bad. The only problems they had with it were.

"Enclave is more of a corridor shooter than anything else. Of course, the option of hacking enemies to bits is available, but for most instances, it's a suicidal course of action as it's terrible inaccurate, slippery, and somewhat ineffective." "the plot is yawn-inducing, and trying to comprehend the chotic close range combat could lead to a heart attack."

So, other than that, thats the only thing wrong with Enclave in their mind, they though the graphics were solid, and the rewards increase replay value. A "Solid [game] but lacking in several ways"

chili325
08-06-2002, 12:54 PM
yea i know. like all of the websites, gave it like a 6 at most. i have no idea why. its such an awesome game. ***spot gave it a 6 i think Hype my friends...Hype. Had this game not been hyped so much it would have came as a pleasent surprise. If I ever made a game, I would keep it relitively quite and humble and just do a helluvalotta advertising. That way, people will look for it, and reviewers will not have increased expectations. Hype sucks.

Snoopy7548
08-06-2002, 01:46 PM
i just bought it. first, i went to circuit city, and they didnt have it. then i went to toy works, and they didnt have it. so i went home, and i called toys r us, and guess what, they didnt have it. so i just ordered it online for 48 bucks (free shipping).:D :)

DBXNY
08-06-2002, 06:02 PM
i just bought it. first, i went to circuit city, and they didnt have it. then i went to toy works, and they didnt have it. so i went home, and i called toys r us, and guess what, they didnt have it. so i just ordered it online for 48 bucks (free shipping).:D :)

Man, it's too early for any of those stores to have it yet. They'll probably get it in within the next week or so though. If you want games pretty much around their release dates, you have to go to an EB store.

Snoopy7548
08-06-2002, 06:04 PM
oh, but it came out a week ago, thats plenty of time for stores to get it, lol. but i dont care. i got it cheaper online, the total was only 48 bucks. id probly pay like 53 bucks if i bought it in the store.

MerimacHamwich
08-06-2002, 07:09 PM
You do not play the same levels with the dark campaign as with the light. Tottaly different as far as I know. Liking the game so far snoopy? I don't know what the reveiwers are talking about by saying it is a corridor shooter... Close range isn't that hard either. These people must just suck at gaming. You just have to know when to attack and when to back off and let the enemy swing at you. When you get a backhand swing in it is incredibly effective and usually will kill the enemy. I also like the plot.

Snoopy7548
08-06-2002, 07:12 PM
yea, i rented it, and i played to the 3rd or 2nd level, but then i quit. cause i just ordered it, and i wanna save it for when i get the game. lol. but its so awesome. the first boss was so easy (the one near the catapult) cause i was on the other side of it, so i shot him with my crossbow, and he moved, but he was stuck there, so i kept on shooting him and i beat him. lol:D :)