PDA

View Full Version : unreal offline?

Professor Kaos
08-05-2002, 11:33 AM
i was wondering if any one has heard ne thing about unreal having an offline multiplayer mode, u know kinda like halo, cuz i want to get live but want to get unreal even more, and if i cant get live i still was hopin to be able to play unreal just at my house with a couple of friends???

laters

thebruce
08-05-2002, 11:35 AM
I doubt it will be a purely online experience, so expect a 1 player mode :)

Crazy Joe
08-05-2002, 11:37 AM
Originally posted by Playya
i was wondering if any one has heard ne thing about unreal having an offline multiplayer mode, u know kinda like halo, cuz i want to get live but want to get unreal even more, and if i cant get live i still was hopin to be able to play unreal just at my house with a couple of friends???

laters

i would give a 100% guarantee that UC will have split screen off line multiplayer, fear not my friend.

OppiumNitrates
08-05-2002, 11:45 AM
yes it does . . . the single player game is a multi player SIM, as in u play against bots and there is no story line type thing but there will be an OFFLINE multi player experiance also

Fred Gasman
08-05-2002, 11:53 AM
It has system link too!
FART!

wweomaniac
08-05-2002, 01:05 PM
Originally posted by Fred Gasman
It has system link too!
FART! u sure?

Tkf5000
08-05-2002, 01:49 PM
isnt there a one player mode where u have a team and u go thru the game together. and instead of the old unreals where u run around and grab all the guns u start with your guns from the last level.

OppiumNitrates
08-05-2002, 02:04 PM
Originally posted by Tkf5000
isnt there a one player mode where u have a team and u go thru the game together.

there is no real "Game to go through" is only a multi player SIM, no storyline or nothing just u against some BOTs or u teamed with some BOTs vs. some BOTs . . . . basically u sharpen your skillz in the single player before u go on XBL to wip some really gamers a$$'s

JJaX
08-05-2002, 02:10 PM
Originally posted by OppiumNitrates

there is no real "Game to go through" is only a multi player SIM, no storyline or nothing just u against some BOTs or u teamed with some BOTs vs. some BOTs . . . . basically u sharpen your skillz in the single player before u go on XBL to wip some really gamers a$$'s

But i think you have to go through the single player to earn all the guns etc.......
But OPP is exactly right, single player is really to re-up your skillz.

Unreal tournament just kicks so much ass its not even funny. And UC will kick UT's ass. I CANT WAIT

OppiumNitrates
08-05-2002, 02:20 PM
Originally posted by JJaX

But i think you have to go through the single player to earn all the guns etc.......
But OPP is exactly right, single player is really to re-up your skillz.

Unreal tournament just kicks so much ass its not even funny. And UC will kick UT's ass. I CANT WAIT

and ill kick your ass sucka . . .

yo so if opened UT and played online i might only have like 1 or 2 wepons but some people who played the single mode would have them all?? cauz i read theres no wepons in the maps only reload station

and about them reload stations i have a bad feeling thats were all the tents r going to be pitched if ya naw what im sayin'

BTW- did u go back to that "Halo poem" thread they moved it but i cut u up son ;) and i didnt see u come back so i figured u didnt go back yet . . .

JJaX
08-05-2002, 02:28 PM
Originally posted by OppiumNitrates

and ill kick your ass sucka . . .

yo so if opened UT and played online i might only have like 1 or 2 wepons but some people who played the single mode would have them all?? cauz i read theres no wepons in the maps only reload station

and about them reload stations i have a bad feeling thats were all the tents r going to be pitched if ya naw what im sayin'

BTW- did u go back to that "Halo poem" thread they moved it but i cut u up son ;) and i didnt see u come back so i figured u didnt go back yet . . .

1st off, you cant touch me in UT, i was in a highly respected clan. (godlike Loque insta gib, JJaX 20, Loque 0) I can dig up the screen shots off of beyondunreal forums

Im almost postive you play single player to earn the guns. So yes a noob will hop on a server and get chewed up. Thus encouraging him to play single player. But thats not a bad thing, Playing bots isnt that bad! Its good traning

Thats true people will probaly camp the "re-load" stations but campers just suck. They dont relaize there a waste of space in team games.

And the Halo poem thread? Im not feeling creative at the moment! :D

JJaX
08-05-2002, 02:36 PM
Damn i was good!

JJaX vs Loque old school Thread (http://forums.beyondunreal.com/showthread.php?threadid=70011&highlight=JJaX+and+Loque)

OppiumNitrates
08-05-2002, 02:56 PM
1st off, you cant touch me in UT

your probly right, i only played UT a few times, i was just talking smack . . . . but from what i played, i loved it . . . being able to turn gravity off, i mean com'n thast got to be the single best option ever put into a game . . . jumpping from roof to roof, sweet

Thats true people will probaly camp the "re-load" stations but campers just suck. They dont relaize there a waste of space in team games.

they will when u start screeming at them through your communicator

JJaX
08-05-2002, 03:10 PM
Originally posted by XBOXMIKE
uc ????ut????? are they diffrent??

i dont like ppl who like to teamwork online its fun to communicate and have all that fun! this is gonna be so funn!

Speaking of communication! Damn you type like a retarted seal.

UT = Unreal tournament

UC = Unreal Championship (Xbox exclusive)

Why dont you like people that like team work? If you play CTF you need teamwork. Unless the other team sucks balls and you can be a 1 man army aka JJaX. But in a clan match or a game with good players, You go in solo, Your gonna have a poor game

OppiumNitrates
08-05-2002, 03:20 PM

Why dont you like people that like team work? If you play CTF you need teamwork. Unless the other team sucks balls and you can be a 1 man army aka JJaX. But in a clan match or a game with good players, You go in solo, Your gonna have a poor game

dont get me started bro, i have played games of Halo where u can accualy go in by yourself get the flag and be out(and this is a 4v4 game not like 2v2) and then iv been in games where your teammates wouldnt know the meaning of "teamwork" if u spelled it out for them, like the game will start and 1 guy grabs the Hog and takes off meanwhile im shooting the hog before hes even in it trying to get his attention and let him know that im bout to hop in that joint with him but he just takes off by himself and ends up giving the other team the Hog . . . .

Calve
08-05-2002, 11:14 PM
I still play UT man! lol its so kickass and its great cause i can play on dial up lol :D !!! I play it more then i play xbox :(

off topic question: will u be able to play unreal tournament 2003 on dial up??? sorry if im stupid but im wondering...:confused:

cityson
08-05-2002, 11:20 PM
OK, let me tell you guys the real stuff about UC.

1) 1 player mode. +multi-player split screen. +System link. +Online with Xbox Live!

2) Unreal Champ. is EXACTLY the same thing as Unreal Tournament 2003......

JJaX
08-06-2002, 08:08 AM
Originally posted by cityson
OK, let me tell you guys the real stuff about UC.

1) 1 player mode. +multi-player split screen. +System link. +Online with Xbox Live!

2) Unreal Champ. is EXACTLY the same thing as Unreal Tournament 2003......

UHHHHHHHH :confused:

Actually NO

Unreal championship is not the same game as Unreal Tournament 2003

Unreal championship = xbox exclusive

Unreal Tournament 2003 = PC Game

http://forums.beyondunreal.com/

*Notice theres 2 different forums, 1 for one game, 1 for the other, Go read and you will learn.

I hate to be a prick, but dont post the "real stuff" unless your sure.

JJaX Smacks Cityson out of his wheel chair

Tkf5000
08-06-2002, 09:24 AM
Originally posted by cityson
Unreal Champ. is EXACTLY the same thing as Unreal Tournament 2003......

Why do u keep saying stupid crap? Your probly the only person who thinks that they are the same thing. they are a lot different like jax said. i think from now on u should stop by a couple sites and check to ake sure your right before u post.