PDA

View Full Version : NFL 2k2/2k3 Training Camp Modes???

BT_Express
08-05-2002, 02:28 PM
This is my first football game and I'm trying to get good at it. Does anyone know if NFL2k3 will have a training mode? I need something to help me with my passing skills.

I find it difficult to watch my QB and my receivers down field at the same time. I keep on getting sacked.

Any advice on what I should be doing?

Robflare
08-05-2002, 03:36 PM
I had that problem with 2k2 initially. I'm an old Madden guy and if you have played Madden in the past and switched to 2k2 it can be difficult. Start by picking a receiver that you are going to look at first, and then focus on him immediately after you snap the ball. You should have this guys route down before the ball is snapped. If he's not open, dump it to your #2 receiver. This will help unitl you get scrambling down. Sega puts out the best product, and you will not be able to go back to anything else once you are hooked, so stay with it!!

Bakeman
08-05-2002, 05:35 PM
That's a good tip....
I wouldn't really know when to start...

Since I was 8 I've always wanted to play QB, and still love playing QB in pick up games. And I've been playing like every football almost since Tecmo Bowl on NES.

The more you play the easier it will get.. you kinda have to have your eye on both.. not looking up then down, up then down.. but being able to see your pocket as paying attention to your recievers.

Football games rule! Hope you have fun

ash
08-06-2002, 12:51 AM
Eventually you will just develop a feel for the pashrush.
I almost exclusively look downfield, while keeping the pash rush just barely in the corner of my eye.

Try practicing passing just as your receiver makes his break.
It's like throwing to a spot before he's open.
Before the play is snapped, look over the defense and see exactly what yard line your reciever will make his break, then keep an eye on him and when he reaches that spot, throw it to him. For example a post pattern. You will see that your wr will cut his pattern off at the 15 yard line, as soon as he hits that point- fling it.

It takes some practice, but when you start playing at the very high difficulty levels, you'll find out that your wr's are never really open, and you need to figure out how to move the ball still.

Even more important than passing is running. Learn the moves like the back of your hand. A good running game will beat a passing attack everytime, especially when you start to audible and run playaction.

good luck.

BT_Express
08-06-2002, 07:32 AM
Thanks for the advice.

I'm playing on the "pro" level and I still have a very difficult time getting the ball moving. I've never played any other football game but this one so I don't have any hang ups about Madden or any other football game.

I guess I'll just have to practice more and try to get a feel for the passing game and running game. I'm starting to find that I suck at both passing and rushing.

peejay2288
08-14-2002, 08:26 AM
Originally posted by BT_Express
This is my first football game and I'm trying to get good at it. Does anyone know if NFL2k3 will have a training mode? I need something to help me with my passing skills.

I find it difficult to watch my QB and my receivers down field at the same time. I keep on getting sacked.

Any advice on what I should be doing?

no use messin around with that. just play some exhibitions.

rockreid
08-15-2002, 08:29 PM
my first football game was madden 2002 so I know what you're talking about with the pass rush. You have to deal with what real NFL QB's deal with...you only get a certain amount of time to look at a few receivers before you have to get rid of the ball. You must pick a primary receiver (usually a longer route) and if he isn't open then look quickly at your #2 underneath. If he isn't open I usually throw it away (the black button in NFL2K3).

You learn to time the amount of time you have to get rid of the ball without even really looking at your QB that much. It takes practice. NFL2K3 has a training mode so use that the get your timing down. It does take practice. In Madden 2002, I ended up taking the Cowboys (suck-ass team) to the Super Bowl in Franchise mode so if i can do it, anyone can.

I am getting my ass kicked in NFl2K3 right now, but I will get the hang of it before XBOX LIVE! rolls out in November.

KingAvi2k3
08-19-2002, 01:56 PM
Go to Practice mode on offense only if you're worry about QB getting sacked during practice. You need to run full scrimmage so you can get the real feel of the rush coming at you which in return help your timing.

robnyack
08-19-2002, 09:15 PM
I started slowly. First I would concentrate on my #1 receiver. If covered, I would just throw it to another one, not knowing if he was covered or not. Later, I would concentrate on my #1 and #2 receivers. Look at #1, covered, check off to my #2. If he was covered too, then again, I would throw to another receiver that I was not sure if they were covered or not.

Getting to the point where you can check off #1, #2, and then #3 is very tough. Occasionally, I'll have the time to do it. Most the times, just being able to check off my first 2 is enough.

RapmasterC
08-20-2002, 03:11 PM
Don't just throw to someone when you don't know where they are or if they're open! The "Throw Ball Away" button comes in handy a lot. Especially if they blitz like hell and u scramble to get away and find urself 10 yards back from the line, then u throw the ball away before they sack you. :) I have almost mastered my passing game now ... only problem I have is defense. I suck so much at it :(

robnyack
08-20-2002, 08:15 PM
my throwing the ball to a guy who I have no idea if he is open or not is a Madden-habit. Usually with Madden, you can do that with the worst thing that will normally happen is the ball gets swatted down. However, doing that in NFL2k3 can get you picked off very easy!

Hence, Q Carters 9TDs and 29ints!!!!!!

I am learning though. Scrambling...which I like much better in NFL2k3, and throwing it away are definately the better way to go.

KingAvi2k3
08-21-2002, 04:37 PM
More practices strenghting your overall game.