PDA

View Full Version : Death Warrant

John002
08-05-2002, 02:46 PM
IS there anyway to get rid of a death warrant ??

preetz16
08-05-2002, 02:55 PM
No, I have found no way on these forums or the official morrowind forums to do it. I'm pretty sure there's no way. On a side note though, it would be cool if you could pay the comma tong (the organized crime syndicate of morrowind) to give you a new identity or something to get rid of it....I'd say that would be a pretty cool mod...

shrew king
08-05-2002, 07:05 PM
clearing the price on your head doesnt work?

and how did u get a death warrant so i can avoid it?

davidx
08-05-2002, 07:21 PM
I got mine by taunting, then killing an Ordinator who attacked me first (I wanted his armor).

Then, I walked around Vivec--no worries. However, as soon as I spoke to an Ordinator it was on. Whereever I go, Ordinators want me dead.

Hope that helps.
X

SciFi
08-05-2002, 07:41 PM
there has to be a way to get rid of it...

preetz16
08-05-2002, 07:41 PM
Originally posted by davidx
I got mine by taunting, then killing an Ordinator who attacked me first (I wanted his armor).

Then, I walked around Vivec--no worries. However, as soon as I spoke to an Ordinator it was on. Whereever I go, Ordinators want me dead.

Hope that helps.
X

Dude, don't worry thats not a death warrent. The ordinaters are *****es and they won't stand for other's wearing their armor. The only problem you'll have is when you have to talk to the ordinators. Just don't do it and you'll be cool. Death warrents are much worse, EVERY gaurd in the game trys to kill you so basically playing through the game is incredibly hard...most just quit...........or become vampires.

preetz16
08-05-2002, 07:47 PM
Originally posted by shrew king
clearing the price on your head doesnt work?

and how did u get a death warrant so i can avoid it?

No, clearing the price on your head doesn't work.

You get a death warrent if you kill a hell-of-alot of people, steal something really valueable, and basically commit MAJOR crimes.

Scifi, As far as I know there is NO way to get rid of it. Of coarse I may be wrong, but out of all the threads on here and the Official Morrowind Forums that I've read I've come to the conclusion there is none....unless you have the PC version and the editor.

shrew king
08-05-2002, 10:02 PM
i did that task for Larrius varro (killing everyone in the balmora council club) and no death warrant, i just cleared the price on my head, i have killed the clothier, armorer, pawnbroker, numerous guards, that guy who wants you to kill the witch, the alchemist, alchemist guard, and the girl in the Hlaalu Manor, no death warrant? who would i have to kill to get one (ta' help avoid it)

preetz16
08-06-2002, 12:53 AM
To tell the truth I'm not quite sure, I've never had one. The comma tong that you killed for varro don't count because they're outlaws so you don't get punished nearly as much...at least I don't think. I'm almost positive that if a quest or job demands killing you won't get a death warrent for it. I think it's when you start killing a lot of people for no reason. Actually I believe the death warrent is imposed when the bounty gets high enough. For example, I tried unseccessfully on numerous occasions to steal the Sword of White Woe from the Balmora gaurd tower (hey I was a low level, it was hard--but now my deadric dai-katanna makes up for not having it), and it's worth 17,000. As soon as i would pick it up and be reported a death warrent would be put on my head...I assume because of the large value of the item.

John002
08-06-2002, 06:58 AM
I got my death warrant from robbing and killing the guards in the Redoran Treasury in Vivec. Everyone was posting to go there and get good loot. Great loot, but now I have a death warrant and every guard tries to kill me. Oh well, I'm starting to get the dirty disk error and that's more of a pain then the death warrant.
Has Bethesda admitted that there is a problem?

Duke
08-06-2002, 10:03 AM
I don't think that ordinators trying to kill you is a death warrant. Mostly I think it's a glitch. One ordinator caught me wearing indoril armor and the rest of the game I just had to keep killing them.

The only time I got a death warrant was when i went to sleep in one of the beds upstairs in the Morag Tong spot in Vivec. I was a already a member, but apparently those beds belong to someone. Anyway, I was expelled and a death warrant was issued. I went directly to the grandmaster and apologized. He took the warrant off but told me if I did anything again I'd be finished.