PDA

View Full Version : Countdown to POW, Fever

lllSmokelll
08-05-2002, 03:27 PM
what do you guys suggest getting POW, or Nfl Fever2003, im probly gonnna wait and see some ratings for POW and if it sucks ill get fever....but what do you think?

DZNUTZ
08-05-2002, 04:58 PM
i think u should get fever...then i can flame your aS.s online.:D

VenoM
08-05-2002, 07:36 PM
pow looks so ps2ish..looks like it sucks........im getting fever....just for the online play...it wont have syslink right?

wweomaniac
08-05-2002, 08:26 PM
DON'T GET FEVER! GET NFL 2K3.

Fever is overrated. It's too unrealistic. The defensive AI sucks, and there's nothing too special about it. The only reason it's still alive is because Microsoft makes you think that it's te best football game out. Just because it's made by Microsoft does't mean it's good. No need to be a fanboy. I have played all three NFL games (NFL fever, 2k2, and madden) and Madden OBVIOUSLY has the best gameplay. You really got to wonder why all the websites are giving Madden games 9/10's. You gotta wonder why PS2 gamers love the game. Madden is very ESTABLISHED franchise. People in this forum diss the game a lot, but people in TXB love the game and hate Fever.

Check out this NFL 2k3 video:
ftp://ftp.xengamers.com/pub/movies/xb-snfl1.mpg

If Madden had Live features, i would buy that, but 2k3 is the next best thing!

lllSmokelll
08-05-2002, 09:28 PM
ign gave fever03 a 7.7!!!!

wweomaniac
08-05-2002, 09:33 PM
Originally posted by goldberg
ign gave fever03 a 7.7!!!! I know, and I would say the series deserves something like 6.5-7.5. So I guess their review was OK.

Did you think that was a good or bad review?

Check out www.gamerankings.com to see reviews from hundreds of sources on any certain game.

Stifler
08-05-2002, 10:01 PM
I'm getting POW and Fever 2003

-Stifler

Spaztic
08-06-2002, 08:20 AM
I already have had pow for about a month now, and it is the worst game I own! It lacks a fun factor, you can excape and hide in camp they will look for you then the next day you can go into roll call and they will act like nothing happens! POW is a lousy excuse for a game. Gameplay is slow, no action what so ever. I couldn't play it for more then 30 mins before I had to play another game. I have tried to get into it numerous times and cannot. The graphics don't even test the xbox. Looks like a ps2 game. The cutscenes are horribly done with crappy voiceovers, acting, and overall motion of the characters. Your missions are like, sneak here or do this. The characters, especially the guards are very cheezy, it is really lame! I give the game a 3.5/10....to many great games on xbox and this is definatly not one of them!

Spaztic
08-06-2002, 08:21 AM
Oh and fever is the best football game! If you want realism get your fat ass off the coutch and play yourself!

cityson
08-06-2002, 08:43 AM
OK....I am confused! What the is hell is "POW"????? Ppl kept on sayin' it!

Casper
08-06-2002, 08:51 AM
POW = Prisoners of War...it was released about a month ago for the PoS2 and will be released on the Box on 8/20. It's kind of a "Saving Private Ryan" type game. I heard that it was pretty good...but quick

wweomaniac
08-06-2002, 08:55 AM
Originally posted by cityson
OK....I am confused! What the is hell is "POW"????? POW is Prisoner of War.

Originally posted by Shaggy
If you want realism get your fat ass off the coutch and play yourself!I do! But the thing is... Fever is located in the dumbest part of the "realism gameplay continuum". Let me draw it out for you.

UNREALISTIC|-Blitz------Fever---------------Average----------NFL 2k------Madden--------|REALISTIC!

Spaztic
08-06-2002, 09:44 AM
Originally posted by wweomaniac
POW is Prisoner of War.
I do! But the thing is... Fever is located in the dumbest part of the "realism gameplay continuum". Let me draw it out for you.

UNREALISTIC|-Blitz------Fever---------------Average----------NFL 2k------Madden--------|REALISTIC!

I agree it isn't as realistic...I am more of a casual football fan so, I tend to like the over the top kind of games. Who knows! From what I heard MS was redoing fever...I will hold my breath!

....I definatly suggest to rent POW! It is not going to be a game everyone likes! Just remember a person that pays 50 for a game is more then likely going to be bias towards it....I am just saying I much rather play, enclave, ncaa, splashdown, hits, or really anyother game besides mike tysons punchout then this game!

MaddenFanatic
08-06-2002, 10:12 AM
Originally posted by wweomaniac
DON'T GET FEVER! GET NFL 2K3.

Fever is overrated. It's too unrealistic. The defensive AI sucks, and there's nothing too special about it. The only reason it's still alive is because Microsoft makes you think that it's te best football game out. Just because it's made by Microsoft does't mean it's good. No need to be a fanboy. I have played all three NFL games (NFL fever, 2k2, and madden) and Madden OBVIOUSLY has the best gameplay. You really got to wonder why all the websites are giving Madden games 9/10's. You gotta wonder why PS2 gamers love the game. Madden is very ESTABLISHED franchise. People in this forum diss the game a lot, but people in TXB love the game and hate Fever.

Check out this NFL 2k3 video:
ftp://ftp.xengamers.com/pub/movies/xb-snfl1.mpg

If Madden had Live features, i would buy that, but 2k3 is the next best thing!

Madden has by far the best gameplay. But in 2003 they lack online which will make their sales go way down on the xbox....
check out my poll in general discussions,