PDA

View Full Version : Movies they should make into games?

CharlesDD2
11-01-2001, 12:10 AM
Any ideas? I was thinking that besides The Matrix remake coming out for XBox, that the Prophecy series would make for a great game.

Plasticman
11-01-2001, 03:49 AM
Yeah, well we've all seen how games turning into movies go like. Hmm? How about The Shining?? It can be made much more chilling than Silent Hill or Resident Evil because it's so erie and haunting. The zombie and ghoul thing is just getting lame!

I want to run around a huge hotel with some freaked out keeper chasing me with an axe. Throw in some creepy music and some freaky effects, and the run itself could send chills down your spine. Just think of Jack coming at you, limping down a long hallway yelling and giving off weird noises. Then you run upstairs only to find yourself staring at those two ghostly twins, or running into a room where some screwy woman is crawling out of the tub and coming after you. I prefer suspense over being startled.

Other movies they could try are: Dirt Harry, Watership Down, Ghost Story, Dark Crystal, The Final Countdown, and An American Werewolf In London.

CharlesDD2
11-01-2001, 05:03 AM
Originally posted by Plasticman
Yeah, well we've all seen how games turning into movies go like. Hmm? How about The Shining?? It can be made much more chilling than Silent Hill or Resident Evil because it's so erie and haunting. The zombie and ghoul thing is just getting lame!

I want to run around a huge hotel with some freaked out keeper chasing me with an axe. Throw in some creepy music and some freaky effects, and the run itself could send chills down your spine. Just think of Jack coming at you, limping down a long hallway yelling and giving off weird noises. Then you run upstairs only to find yourself staring at those two ghostly twins, or running into a room where some screwy woman is crawling out of the tub and coming after you. I prefer suspense over being startled.

Other movies they could try are: Dirt Harry, Watership Down, Ghost Story, Dark Crystal, The Final Countdown, and An American Werewolf In London.

The Shining would be a good idea, they could tye in Danny's ability to communicate with his mind. They would have to put a twist on it though without butchering the original concept, I mean you can't just run around a house constantly, although you could use the ghosts in the house as goal points in the game, much like in games like Silent Hill, eventually working your way to a showdown with Jack. For some reason that's one of the only movies that really ever got to me, in terms of scaring or startling, whatever you wanna call it.

An American Werewolf In London would also be a good idea, but I have a feeling some people would eventually get tired of running around either as a normal person in pursuit of the werewolf or by just being the werewolf him or herself, running down and slaughtering innocent victims.......wow actually that wouldn't be a half bad idea lol.

While on the topic of Movie to Game, not that the movie was even worth going to see, but did they ever make a game out of the movie "Blade" ? Just curious, I'm sure someone would jump at the chance to if someone hasn't already.

Tazilla
11-01-2001, 05:24 AM
Originally posted by CharlesDD2

While on the topic of Movie to Game, not that the movie was even worth going to see, but did they ever make a game out of the movie "Blade" ? Just curious, I'm sure someone would jump at the chance to if someone hasn't already.

The Movie Blade has been made into a game,.. It came out on the Playstation, I thought I had seen it at EB for the Dreamcast also,.. but I might have dreamt it,...

I might need to go buy that game,.. I'm a big Blade Fan

scarecrow kfj
11-01-2001, 09:23 AM
I am not a big fan of movie based games but one I wouldnt mind seeing is laybrinth ( I know I spelled it wrong but I just dont care)

CharlesDD2
11-01-2001, 10:30 AM
Originally posted by scarecrow kfj
I am not a big fan of movie based games but one I wouldnt mind seeing is laybrinth ( I know I spelled it wrong but I just dont care)

Labyrinth was and still is an incredible movie, there's just too much of a possibility though that whoever worked on it would botch it up somehow, I mean that's one of my favorite movies so I would be mighty upset to say the least, although if we could find a developer with an appreciation of the game who could bring a good concept from the movie.

Hmm...that isn't a bad idea though, not bad at all, "Play as hoggle, Sarah, Jareth, Pludo or even the little blue worm and fight your way through the labyrinth" haha, yeah that would kick some ass.

scarecrow kfj
11-01-2001, 10:47 AM
It could be a great game but you are right they could screw it all up. Usualy they do with movie based games. But yeah have them go through the maze (lol) and fight trolls and diff puzzles. Did you ever play they game kwirk on GB when GB first came out? It was all about puzzles and trying to get out of rooms.

CharlesDD2
11-01-2001, 11:00 AM
Originally posted by scarecrow kfj
It could be a great game but you are right they could screw it all up. Usualy they do with movie based games. But yeah have them go through the maze (lol) and fight trolls and diff puzzles. Did you ever play they game kwirk on GB when GB first came out? It was all about puzzles and trying to get out of rooms.

I never played that, although I heard a lot about it from a friend of mine. I'll have to check that out sometime.

I seriously think the Labyrinth idea's a great one, I mean if not for the gameplay they should at least do it for the graphics alone, I mean there's so much in that movie that would be entirely stunning in the game.

l Maximus l
11-01-2001, 11:24 AM
How about Gladiator? :D That movie rocked!

scarecrow kfj
11-01-2001, 11:36 AM
As for gladiator they are coming out with that one chariot racing battle game. The graphics would be awsome for the laybrinth.

Another game could be Stargate

l Maximus l
11-01-2001, 12:10 PM
Braveheart would be tight! Imagine how those battle scenes could be like! Having a whole army battle against a whole army on a huge battle field! Nice!

Plasticman
11-01-2001, 03:00 PM
They already made a Star Gate game, and it stunk for the Snes.

The American Werewolf would be a mystery type game with multiple suspects, and random victims, and not just senseless killing and chasing(leave that for the outdated consoles). Each suspect will have many different variations of clues to lead you, and there will sometimes be more than one suspect, leaving the clues intertwined, and sometimes misleading, so you'll have to use logic and common sense. Basically, there'll have to be a story for each possible conclusion. It could take place in an actual London replica just to give British folk a good scare. More or less, it'll be like a Resident Evil game, but with story variations, and several possible endings, giving a stronger replay value.

May as well call Silent Hill 2, The Fog.

It will probably take a lot of work, but with games like Ego coming into the horizon, almost anything is possible.

mojo__31
11-01-2001, 03:48 PM
Blade, Gladiator, 13th Warrior, The Rock, The Sniper.

scarecrow kfj
11-01-2001, 03:58 PM
As for Stargate, I am sure they could and would do a better game than a game on snes. Also I guess I was going more off the series.

Tazilla
11-01-2001, 04:30 PM
I got one,...

Chitty Chitty Bang Bang.

A flying car game where the vehicles are all old timey 20's cars that can fly,.. all driven by D!ck Van Dyke
I'm joking,...

rivalius13
11-01-2001, 04:47 PM
NO!!! they always suck!!

Plasticman
11-01-2001, 06:05 PM
Chitty Chitty Bang Bang????? No, I hate that f'n car!!! I always wanted to blow it up after **** Van Dyke and Mary Poppins flew in it while singing that horrible song. It was a Herby rip-off!

13th Warrior was stupid, and I really don't know what kind of a story you could make out of it? The Rock was an ok movie, and could be made into a game. Something similar to Metal Gear. Blade would be too much like Max Payne. Sniper would be a good conversion(everyone loves to snipe a guy). Gladiator would more or less turn out like Kessen, unless a different style was conceived, such as arena battles.

The best movie to game titles would be, movies that can be converted into games of a starving genre. When you think about it, there's a few movies out there that could make a new genre of games. What's needed is innovation or something that can be fresh.

Something like The Dark Crystal could be made into a very long and facinating journey, and not just your average RPG in where you have to kill the bad guy with guns and swords.

A good movie game would take a lot of thought to properly produce to succeed. Come to think of it, Dirty Harry would also be a Max Payne type game. Ghost Story = Another ghost game. The Final Countdown would be cool. Going back in time to stop the attack on Pearl Harbor and to defeat the Germans with the nuclear carrier, U.S.S. Nimitz.

Dan Livingston
11-01-2001, 06:12 PM
I want something like "iorn monkey"

GreenFireX
11-01-2001, 08:36 PM
Gladiator would make a great game.

Tazilla
11-01-2001, 08:51 PM
Originally posted by Plasticman
Chitty Chitty Bang Bang????? No, I hate that f'n car!!! I always wanted to blow it up after **** Van Dyke and Mary Poppins flew in it while singing that horrible song. It was a Herby rip-off!

There is a hidden message in my post, highlight it to see what I said at the end.

The best movie to game titles would be, movies that can be converted into games of a starving genre. When you think about it, there's a few movies out there that could make a new genre of games. What's needed is innovation or something that can be fresh.

Something like The Dark Crystal could be made into a very long and facinating journey, and not just your average RPG in where you have to kill the bad guy with guns and swords.

I totally agree with you on this point. the industry is starving for inovation

Plasticman
11-01-2001, 10:40 PM
I knew you were. Anyone in their right mind wouldn't even conceive such a thing as being serious. It's just the rememberance of that stupid movie.

Movies that have gun tootin' idiots shouldn't even be considered. That genre is severely overused. Someone should review some older movies, and try to use some of it's elements other than what's always used. If you look at it, it's really the game companies that are killing the industry. They'll swarm to feed of the hype of a certain genre, and in the process, they bore it to death.

They don't give a ***** about innovation, they want quick bucks!