PDA

View Full Version : Which Sports Games?

fanofslipknotib
11-01-2001, 12:21 AM
A new system means a new series of sports games for me to get. I have already decided that my football series will be the NFL Fever series(considering I ordered it with my bundle pak). Now I need a Basketball and Baseball series of games to get. I am thinking the NBA 2k series' for Basketball, but I might also want Inside Drive. Is Inside Drive made and developed by Microsoft like NFL Fever? Anyways, which Baseball and Basketball series' should I get?

KillaB
11-01-2001, 07:13 AM
Originally posted by fanofslipknotib
Now I need a Basketball and Baseball series of games to get. I am thinking the NBA 2k series' for Basketball, but I might also want Inside Drive. Is Inside Drive made and developed by Microsoft like NFL Fever? Anyways, which Baseball and Basketball series' should I get?

I would recommend the NBA 2k2 series for basketball. I think that NBA Live 2002 from EA Sports could be a lot better than it is. EA should really try to improve their LIVE series because it isn't that far off from being great, but isn't as good as other games. NBA Inside Drive is a Microsoft product, you may want to wait on it to come out and see what it's like before you buy any basketball game. The gameplay in the last inside drive was kind of choppy, but they may have improved that for Xbox. Hope this helps out! I don't have any idea about the baseball series, but baseball doesn't start up again until April, so there is plenty of time to worry about it.

:)

scarecrow kfj
11-01-2001, 09:27 AM
I would go with Inside Drive..... but I would also wait to at least see which looks better. I love the 2k series on DC but hey this is microsoft putting out this game and look at the job they did with fever.

Tazilla
11-01-2001, 09:33 AM
I have also been thinking about Baseball games for my Xbox,.. I know of Sega's @k series, and I have heard of another Baseball game,.. but I can't recall who is making it,... I'm not into Basketball that much,.. so I'm not realy worried about those,.. but I sit here and yurn for those two words to blast over my sound system,...

PLAY BALL!

mojo__31
11-01-2001, 03:08 PM
NBA Inside Drive on the PC was very good in its time, it wasn't choppy in the least, it was very fast and fluid on my system. I bet Microsoft will do an awesome job on it like NFL Fever. If you don't like taking a chance, Sega's 2k2 series will be solid although not as pretty and ground breaking as Microsofts series. ESPN NFL Primetime by Konomi is the one I am curious to see how good it is. My guess it will be like QB Club series, decent but not as good.

rawiswar
11-01-2001, 05:09 PM
Basketball: I was planning on getting NBA 2K2 but now I can't choose between 2K2 or Inside Drive.

I thought Inside Drive wasn't going to be very good, but after seeing what Microsoft did with NFL Fever, I think Microsoft could make Inside Drive better than 2K2. I am worried Sega will just port NBA 2K2 from Dreamcast to Xbox.:(

fanofslipknotib
11-01-2001, 09:01 PM
Thing is, I heard Inside Drive should be out in November, and 2K2 should be out in a month or so. I would rather have it for most of this season, so I can be into it longer.