PDA

View Full Version : Fok OXM, I ***** on you

OppiumNitrates
08-06-2002, 10:04 AM
This really blows goats . . . i finally get my OXM #10 last night when i got home from work, and after throwing away the AOhelL disk, i read a few articls during dinner . . . played a few rounds of Halo online, then i go to play the Time Splitters 2 demo, so i throw the demo disk in the Xbox and it seems to be taking a long time to load then it hits me "Xbox doesn't reconize this disk, make sure it is a DVD, CD, or official Xbox game" blah blah blah . . . so im like, FOK ok so i clean the disk off with a disk Dr. and still nothing, this is the second bogus disk i have gotten in the last 3 issues . . . not only am i wrting to get a new disk but im writing a huge letter complaning to them about this(probly not goign to do anything hopfully them give me a free subscription but doubtfull), by the time i get my new demo disk Time Splitter 2 will be out and its the first demo thats not even out yet, so yeah im really pp!ssed here . . . . anyone else keep getting this problem?

Duke
08-06-2002, 10:13 AM
Yeah, me too. I tried cleaning and all of that, but the disc just doesn't work. I'm emailing them right now, I was reall looking forward to both those demos. First time for me though

JJaX
08-06-2002, 10:20 AM
Yeah my disc didnt work at 1st either.

Than i took it out and cursed at it. Than put it back in and it works fine.

OppiumNitrates
08-06-2002, 10:33 AM
Originally posted by JJaX
Yeah my disc didnt work at 1st either.

Than i took it out and cursed at it. Than put it back in and it works fine.

oh yeah maybe u should coem by and curse at my disk, cauz i was cursing at it like a MoFo and it didnt seem to help

Duke
08-06-2002, 10:44 AM
I tried wiping my a** with it and still no luck.

Alien
08-06-2002, 10:52 AM
I've never had problems with my discs...maybe your mailman/woman is a homicidal maniac. You should ask them next time they drop by.

DZNUTZ
08-06-2002, 10:58 AM
8/6/02, still no oxm...i think i'm gonna get pretty heated if i wait this freakin long and my disc don't work.

-knocks on wood-

Woocifer
08-06-2002, 11:06 AM
Just a heads up guys... the OXM forums are ripe with ****ed off subscribers who are having the same problems as you. My buddy's disc was buggered too and stuttered its way through the entire disc...

I havent received my mag yet but I'm sure the disc will be screwed. Through it has new demos of games that arent out yet, the number and quality of the demos are pretty hurtin...

I'm not overly upset with OXM simply because the sept issue should come out in August not July, but that is a moot point. I say give them their first year for screw ups and quality control...then in the second year if it hasnt improved, drop em...just like a console :)

I guess I'll be watching Lord of the Rings tonight instead of reading my magazine...

OppiumNitrates
08-06-2002, 11:20 AM
Originally posted by Woocifer

I guess I'll be watching Lord of the Rings tonight instead of reading my magazine...

"The Ring, Gimli, son of Gloin, can not be destroyed by any craft here we posses. It must be taken deep into the heart of Mordor and cast into the firey chasem from wence it came"

ya know what, if u wasnt so dam addicted to killing b!tches in Halo Online, i would probly do the same . . . but iv had my copy of LORT for over 2 months now :cool:

Snoopy7548
08-06-2002, 12:41 PM
if you go to the OXM website, you can order a new disc for free. but this same thing happened to me with like disc number 7 or 8, i forget which one. all i did was wipe it really hard with my shirt, then it worked. so, try that. lol

ShannonX
08-06-2002, 12:45 PM
guess i'm lucky then, never had a disk that didn't work, never had a dirty disk error..... dunno what i'm doing different than everybody else.

faceoff508
08-06-2002, 12:54 PM
Originally posted by Shannon-XBA
guess i'm lucky then, never had a disk that didn't work, never had a dirty disk error..... dunno what i'm doing different than everybody else.

Same here. I have never got a messed up disk.

lllSmokelll
08-06-2002, 12:55 PM
me either...but i havent got OXM 10...... :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad:

box4life
08-06-2002, 01:24 PM
I have the same problem but mines works after the 2nd time. i put it in nothing happens take it out put it back in then it works this is the second or third disk that hade this problem

Professor Kaos
08-06-2002, 01:24 PM
how many of u have gotten teh aol disk, i didnt have one in or with my issue i was just wondering??

Casper
08-06-2002, 01:27 PM
Ok, for everybody that is in here complaining about the disk not working...let casper here try and help out.

When you play the demo disk, it puts a file on the hard drive for each disk, kinda like a cookie when surfing the net...try and removing your old ones, and this should do it. This is what has caused a lot of ppl in the past to have dirty disk problems with Hunter, Morrowind and such...good luck guys and let me know if it works :)

OppiumNitrates
08-06-2002, 01:32 PM
Originally posted by casper
Ok, for everybody that is in here complaining about the disk not working...let casper here try and help out.

When you play the demo disk, it puts a file on the hard drive for each disk, kinda like a cookie when surfing the net...try and removing your old ones, and this should do it. This is what has caused a lot of ppl in the past to have dirty disk problems with Hunter, Morrowind and such...good luck guys and let me know if it works :)

thats a good trick, but i tried that already ;)

dirty disk error . . . . . fixed (http://www.xboxaddict.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=16578&highlight=Dirty+Disk)

Casper
08-06-2002, 01:34 PM
That's where I got it from...and it didn't work for you? hehe...well, I guess your SOL buddy :) Just playin..but I must say that you're missin out on the NCAA demo..cuz I played it last night and it was beautiful and smooth...and I went into overtime...that was a shocker, especially for a demo :eek:

Highlite23
08-06-2002, 02:04 PM

DITO.:D

OppiumNitrates
08-06-2002, 02:10 PM
..but I must say that you're missin out on the NCAA demo..cuz I played it last night and it was beautiful and smooth...and I went into overtime...that was a shocker, especially for a demo :eek:

i already knwo that TS2 is suppsosed to be the first game to give Halo a run for its money . . . and accaully i was asking if anyone tryed the demo on XbC and 1 of the guys i play with alot said he thinks the game will be better then Halo, i said no way and thats when i went to try it . . . and now u tell me this . . . gee thanks, ill only have to wait 4-6 weeks to get my replacement :mad:

OT huh that is wack for a demo especially since the NHL hits demo is 1 lousy period

Casper
08-06-2002, 03:58 PM
Originally posted by OppiumNitrates

OT huh that is wack for a demo especially since the NHL hits demo is 1 lousy period

How is that whack? You get to play 2 min. quarters and have OT if necessary..I thought that gave me more than enough time to tell me that I wanted to buy it :cool:

Spike Minoda
08-06-2002, 04:12 PM
Well, I subscribed in january and havent gotten my first mag

OppiumNitrates
08-07-2002, 09:42 AM

How is that whack? You get to play 2 min. quarters and have OT if necessary..I thought that gave me more than enough time to tell me that I wanted to buy it :cool:

thats wack is in, they usually dont put stuff like that in the demo, i would have been suprized if they let u play through the first half, but OT thats awsome, just somthing u dont expect from a demo

DZNUTZ
08-07-2002, 10:44 AM
i still aint got dat chit YOOOO:mad: :mad:

symposiumx
08-07-2002, 11:23 AM
Originally posted by DZNUTZ
8/6/02, still no oxm...i think i'm gonna get pretty heated if i wait this freakin long and my disc don't work.

-knocks on wood-

same here....8/7/02 and no disc in sight :(

PROUDXBOXOWNER
08-07-2002, 02:48 PM
Originally posted by OppiumNitrates
This really blows goats . . . i finally get my OXM #10 last night when i got home from work, and after throwing away the AOhelL disk, i read a few articls during dinner . . . played a few rounds of Halo online, then i go to play the Time Splitters 2 demo, so i throw the demo disk in the Xbox and it seems to be taking a long time to load then it hits me "Xbox doesn't reconize this disk, make sure it is a DVD, CD, or official Xbox game" blah blah blah . . . so im like, FOK ok so i clean the disk off with a disk Dr. and still nothing, this is the second bogus disk i have gotten in the last 3 issues . . . not only am i wrting to get a new disk but im writing a huge letter complaning to them about this(probly not goign to do anything hopfully them give me a free subscription but doubtfull), by the time i get my new demo disk Time Splitter 2 will be out and its the first demo thats not even out yet, so yeah im really pp!ssed here . . . . anyone else keep getting this problem?
mayve they just hate u like i do!

OppiumNitrates
08-07-2002, 02:52 PM
Originally posted by PROUDXBOXOWNER

mayve they just hate u like i do!

mayve . . .

edit- BTW PROUDXBOXOWNER good to see u start reading a thread from the first post and not in the middle somewhere . . .

Nerrad529
08-07-2002, 03:04 PM
I use to have the problem awhile back. A few of them would freeze when i tried to go into certain game demos. Hopefully it wont happen again. I would definately shoot for a free subscription.