PDA

View Full Version : Bioware signs on with M$

FuNkY mOnK
08-06-2002, 11:34 AM
Breaking News: Bioware Signs With Microsoft

Extra, extra! Read all about it! Bioware recently inked a deal with Microsoft to produce an exclusive first party game for the Xbox.

Currently Bioware is developing the surefire hit, Star Wars: Knights of the Old Republic. They have also been responsible for such classics as Neverwinter Nights and Balder's Gate

“I’m very excited about this new alliance between Microsoft and BioWare,” said Ed Fries, vice president of Xbox Game Content at Microsoft Game Studios. “These guys are some of the most creative developers in the world. We’re looking forward to working with them to bring the creativity and great gameplay they’re known for to Xbox.”

“This opportunity to work on a brand-new intellectual property owned by BioWare as a first-party Xbox developer for Microsoft is very exciting to us,” said Dr. Ray Muzyka, joint CEO of BioWare.

This is quite possibly the biggest to hit since... well it's been awhile. More news on this amazing development as it comes.

faceoff508
08-06-2002, 12:55 PM
I cant wait to find out what the game is.

cityson
08-06-2002, 12:59 PM
That game is called "Star Wars: Knights of the Old Republic"

faceoff508
08-06-2002, 01:02 PM
Originally posted by cityson
That game is called "Star Wars: Knights of the Old Republic"

GOD!! Think before you reply. NO THE GAME IS NOT Knights of the Old Republic. Its a diffrent game. READ THE WHOPLE DAMN ARTICLE:

Currently Bioware is developing the surefire hit, Star Wars: Knights of the Old Republic. They have also been responsible for such classics as Neverwinter Nights and Balder's Gate

Woocifer
08-06-2002, 01:26 PM
blaaaahahahahahaha that was funny...

I'm glad that KOTOR has funding up the ass now. I dont know what they are going to dev for Microsloth but I am looking forward to KOTOR.

BTW did any of you like neverwinter nights? I found it all right but there was WAYYYY too much talking and babbling on and text messages to read. Not that I hate RPGs but this one was exceptional on the read messages that this dude says...reminded me of Morrowind ugh...

Anyway hope this is good news.

FuNkY mOnK
08-06-2002, 01:30 PM
That’s the luck of the xbox, it figures they sign a deal with Microsoft after they announce Kotor to be multi-platform, this was the title that would have catapulted xbox sales through the roof imo, who knows with a liitle luck and a few million dollars maybe this will also be an exclusive title. But I cant wait to see the next game for xbox from bioware, you cant go wrong with a name like bioware.

clutch
08-06-2002, 01:35 PM
It would be cool if it were the Baldurs Gate series , but I would welcome an entirely new game.

FuNkY mOnK
08-06-2002, 01:45 PM
I would say Bioware to M$ is what square is to Sony, literally.

faceoff508
08-06-2002, 01:59 PM
Originally posted by FuNkY mOnK
That’s the luck of the xbox, it figures they sign a deal with Microsoft after they announce Kotor to be multi-platform, this was the title that would have catapulted xbox sales through the roof imo, who knows with a liitle luck and a few million dollars maybe this will also be an exclusive title. But I cant wait to see the next game for xbox from bioware, you cant go wrong with a name like bioware.

I thought Kotor was AN XBOX EXCLUISIVE. It is isnt it?

FuNkY mOnK
08-06-2002, 03:18 PM
I think it is going to the pc, not sure, but rest assures I think M$ will keep this on the xbox for awhile. M$ has this kind of mon…er… influence on people.

faceoff508
08-06-2002, 03:32 PM
Originally posted by FuNkY mOnK
I think it is going to the pc, not sure, but rest assures I think M$ will keep this on the xbox for awhile. M$ has this kind of mon…er… influence on people.

Didnt you know PC doesnt count? Like Halo and GTA3 thier excluisive to each console and both are/will be on the PC.