PDA

View Full Version : Bioware Acquisition means Neverwinters Nights is coming to XBOX!?!?!

wweomaniac
08-06-2002, 01:14 PM
I've figured it out!

faceoff508
08-06-2002, 01:18 PM
Why couldnt you post it in the thread about Bioware, thats below this thread.

wweomaniac
08-06-2002, 01:20 PM
meh... didn't look. I just read the article, and quickly thoguth of this.

Not exactly about the news. It's aboot what I think about it.

VenoM
08-06-2002, 03:00 PM
my guess exactly....neverwinter knights on xboxlive ;)

all they need now is for blizzard to bring War Craft III to xboxlive
:p

wweomaniac
08-06-2002, 03:04 PM
Originally posted by VenoM
all they need now is for blizzard to bring War Craft III to xboxlive
:p I don't seehow WC3 would work on XBOX. I can see how World of Warcraft would, but I don't understand why someone would want to play strategy games like C&C and WarCraft on XBOX. It's so much more effieicnt playing them on PC.

Dre
08-06-2002, 03:25 PM
Originally posted by wweomaniac
I don't seehow WC3 would work on XBOX. I can see how World of Warcraft would, but I don't understand why someone would want to play strategy games like C&C and WarCraft on XBOX. It's so much more effieicnt playing them on PC.

Well put. Games like Warcraft 3 benefit extensively from a mouse & keyboard. I'm not sure how many shortcut keys there are in WC3, but I know at least a good 20-25 by heart. Without these the game would be alot slower.. I just can't see how the controls could be setup on xbox to allow quick access to any function.

Keltiks
08-06-2002, 10:49 PM
Give xbox a mouse and keyboard. You could give people the oppertunity to play a game like warcraft3 that they might not have (it requires a pretty powerful computer). Not everyone can afford a top of the line computer but xbox now at 199 is nice.

Guibs
08-07-2002, 08:37 AM
First of all, Microsoft DIDN'T Acquire Bioware. They simply signed a contract with Bioware to simply have bioware make a game exclusively for xbox and it's a totally NEW game based on a totally new content that will be the property of Bioware, not Microsoft.

SkoalMint
08-07-2002, 08:44 AM
Originally posted by Dre

Well put. Games like Warcraft 3 benefit extensively from a mouse & keyboard. I'm not sure how many shortcut keys there are in WC3, but I know at least a good 20-25 by heart. Without these the game would be alot slower.. I just can't see how the controls could be setup on xbox to allow quick access to any function.

While I know I'm comparing apples to oranges, alot of people said the same thing about the difference with using a controller vs. a keyboard/mouse for an FPS. I've seen some hard-core PC FPS players that have really taken to the Xbox controller for an FPS like Halo. I'm not saying it can be done for an RTS, but I sure hope it can be.

faceoff508
08-07-2002, 08:55 AM
You probably already know this but for the people who dont:

quote:
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
BioWare plans on releasing a new RPG exclusively for the Xbox.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Dr. Ray Muzyka, Joint CEO of BioWare:

quote:
To be publishing BioWare's first intellectual property - an all-new, epic Xbox roleplaying game - is a great opportunity for us."

It will be a new game. So it wont be Neverwinters Nights. I cant wait till the anounce it

wweomaniac
08-07-2002, 09:29 AM
Originally posted by SkoalMint

While I know I'm comparing apples to oranges, alot of people said the same thing about the difference with using a controller vs. a keyboard/mouse for an FPS. I've seen some hard-core PC FPS players that have really taken to the Xbox controller for an FPS like Halo. I'm not saying it can be done for an RTS, but I sure hope it can be. It's still a lot easier using mouse/keyboard than joystick.

Ever remember playing star craft or command and conquer on n64?? lol

Magnum Blast
08-07-2002, 09:32 AM
I don't know about Neverwinter Nights coming to the Xbox. I mean one of the huge draws about NWN is the ability to create your own moduals (sp) and make new adventures to play by yourself or online. Since it would be near imposible to program with the Xbox controller I it would lose the creation kit Bioware was boasting the whole time it was in dev.