PDA

View Full Version : Xbox Problem! Need Everyone's Help!

bbchs_trash
08-06-2002, 03:13 PM
My friend has recently been having troubles with his Xbox, I figured I'd help him out. Its also posted over at teamxbox.com:

X-Box Problem stated as below:
I have recently gotten in a X-Box that I was asked to look at. I was wondering if you guys had any clue at all what could be wrong. This is what happens.
1st push (Power button): It runs for a little tiny bit flashes the normal green light then shuts off.
2nd push (Power button): It runs once again for a little tiny while flashes the normal green and shuts off again.
3rd push (Power button): This time it will stay on but if you have the TV plug into towards the tv it flashes a Green then quickly switches to a flashing of "red/Orange". If you donot have the tv adapter pluged in you get a "green/Orange"]

I was just wondering if anyone knew anything about this. I mean any information you could give would be greatly appreciated. I am just wondering what it mean or what its doing. And anyways to fix it. If you guys have ANY information on it pleaze post below. Thankz

JJaX
08-06-2002, 03:17 PM
Sounds like someone should return there xbox and swap it for another. You still got a reciept?

thebruce
08-06-2002, 04:17 PM
Orange and Green falshing indicates an overheating problem according to XBox.com

Marc
08-06-2002, 04:24 PM
Take it to Wal Mart! Get a new one!

CRAIG123
08-06-2002, 04:41 PM
Ring microsofts supportline tell them whats happening and see if you can get a new Xbox ;)

CrazyCougar
08-07-2002, 12:56 PM
this flashing also occurs when you dont have video hooked up to your Xbox. My plug got pulled one day wihtout me knowing and when it started flashing I was freaking out. Took one breath checked the connecitons and found the plug hanging. Wheeeew!!! that was close.

Orbital
08-07-2002, 12:59 PM
sounds pretty ****ed up 2 me...flashing colors, mysterious shut offs? i hope u have a receit

cityson
08-07-2002, 01:16 PM
OK, it wouldn't be an overheat problem cuz they just turned the Xbox on.....Here are some possibilities.

1) You got a problem with the DVD rom.....Why? Cuz when you turn on the Xbox with the power button, the DVD rom reads and the flashing green tells you that it's reading.....Then the Xbox suddenly turned off, so I bet it's cuz of the DVD rom....

2) You got a problem plugging your video and audio input.....Why? For example, when you accidentally plugged in the yellow into the red/white input, the Xbox tells you that you plugged in the wrong stuff.....The orange light will flash.

3) Problem with your power supply.....

Suggestion:
1) Return the Xbox.
2) Buy a different console.
3) Buy a new one when Xbox's price drops again.

bbchs_trash
08-07-2002, 05:47 PM
He doesn't have a reciept, its an original launch Box. He got it off of Ebay, buying it, while he knowingly knew it was broken... So, I'm not sure what it is. Any other ideas from anyone? He was also told it happened while the guy was playing a game when it suddenly screwed up, sound liek an unbelievable story to me, but oh well...

Snoopy7548
08-07-2002, 05:49 PM
bring it to wal mart and get a new one. if they ask for a receipt, say it was a gift from someone, and they threw the receipt away.

ScorpionX
08-07-2002, 05:52 PM
Originally posted by bbchs_trash
My friend has recently been having troubles with his Xbox, I figured I'd help him out. Its also posted over at teamxbox.com:

X-Box Problem stated as below:
I have recently gotten in a X-Box that I was asked to look at. I was wondering if you guys had any clue at all what could be wrong. This is what happens.
1st push (Power button): It runs for a little tiny bit flashes the normal green light then shuts off.
2nd push (Power button): It runs once again for a little tiny while flashes the normal green and shuts off again.
3rd push (Power button): This time it will stay on but if you have the TV plug into towards the tv it flashes a Green then quickly switches to a flashing of "red/Orange". If you donot have the tv adapter pluged in you get a "green/Orange"]

I was just wondering if anyone knew anything about this. I mean any information you could give would be greatly appreciated. I am just wondering what it mean or what its doing. And anyways to fix it. If you guys have ANY information on it pleaze post below. Thankz

Ok, I am having the same problem. It has been doing this for a while now. I think I'm going to send mine in for repair.

BTW, when I hit the top really hard it works sometimes. :eek:

cityson
08-07-2002, 05:53 PM
Originally posted by rage1mj7

Ok, I am having the same problem. It has been doing this for a while now. I think I'm going to send mine in for repair.

BTW, when I hit the top really hard it works sometimes. :eek:

Before you send the Xbox, open up the case and see what's inside.....Maybe you can see why it needs a "WACK!"....

Snoopy7548
08-07-2002, 05:55 PM
if he opens it, then he voids the warranty. so he'll probly have to pay more to get it fixed. they'll think he did something wrong when he opened it