PDA

View Full Version : Microsoft changes security code

Snoopy7548
08-06-2002, 05:56 PM
hey, i was on zeropaid today, and i was lookin at the news articles thingy. and i saw this:

Xbox security keys changed
posted by wessman on August 05, 2002 @ 10:54am

Microsoft has changed all security key codes on its Xbox gaming console after reverse engineering found the security code(s) and allowed mod chips to enter the underground market. Microsoft had to write off chips with old code as a result. Click here to see the Slashdot discussion on this topic.

so, what does this mean? will they have to make new modchips to like work with this new code? i just dont get something, like theres still a ton of people with old xbox's that have modchips, what will happen to those?:confused: :confused:

Plewis
08-06-2002, 05:59 PM
i think they are just doing this with the new xboxes... kinda like what sega did to the dreamcasts... and the pre '99 ones didnt need a modchip... but Im not sure...

Snoopy7548
08-06-2002, 06:01 PM
yea, thats probly what theyre doing. but will they only make modchips that are compatible with the new xbox's? like, will the old xbox's still be able to use the modchips that are coded for the new security code?:confused: :( :)

Plewis
08-06-2002, 06:07 PM
Originally posted by Snoopy7548
yea, thats probly what theyre doing. but will they only make modchips that are compatible with the new xbox's? like, will the old xbox's still be able to use the modchips that are coded for the new security code?:confused: :( :)

It will probly be confusing cause there will be 2 kinds of modchips on the market... but theyll still make them for us oldies...

Snoopy7548
08-06-2002, 06:09 PM
if there was a boot cd or something like that, id buy it soooo fast. lol. theres a boot cd for the ps1.:D

Toonz
08-06-2002, 06:15 PM
The boot CD for ps1 only lets you play homebrew games and not copied ones. As far as them changing the code big deal. They'll either make new modchips or chances are if you have the means you can flash the old ones with new code. Its actually possible to de-solder the Xbox bios and re-program it and solder it back on with the modded code. In the end the hackers will win

Plewis
08-06-2002, 06:17 PM
Originally posted by Toonz
The boot CD for ps1 only lets you play homebrew games and not copied ones. As far as them changing the code big deal. They'll either make new modchips or chances are if you have the means you can flash the old ones with new code. Its actually possible to de-solder the Xbox bios and re-program it and solder it back on with the modded code. In the end the hackers will win

i understood like 1 sentence in that post...:eek:

Snoopy7548
08-06-2002, 06:22 PM
Originally posted by Toonz
The boot CD for ps1 only lets you play homebrew games and not copied ones.

nope, i have a boot cd for the ps1, and i can play copied games on it. i have almost 200 games (like 170 are copied).

Toonz
08-06-2002, 06:26 PM
kewl I was not aware Snoopy. I tried a few but they did not work on anything but crappy homemade games people made.

What don't you understand Plewis ?

Snoopy7548
08-06-2002, 06:51 PM
did u try the ones that you download? cause none of those are ever gonna work. heres the one i have, its the last one on the pgae: http://www.modchipoutlet.com/ps1products.htm i dont have the version 2 one, since thats for the ps2. i have the one thats for the ps1

Toonz
08-06-2002, 07:07 PM
Thanks snoop